• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

That 'knuckleball' free kick technique he uses cannot be hit with enough power to score from the distances he was trying. It's a hard technique to do at the best of times but trying to force over very long distances is going to end up with wayward shots like last night. That was inexperience showing and IMO Rooney as captain should be stepping in there, taking over and swinging the ball into the box.

Kane is a determined and strong willed young man but this episode will test him, there is no doubt.

Walker was at fault for the first goal.

Partly, the marking was wrong for me, if you don't win the first challenge the goal threat come from that situation and your centrebacks should be marking the men in that area, and I think the ball travels a long way at a reasonable speed to allow the keeper to come for it.

Partly, the marking was wrong for me, if you don't win the first challenge the goal threat come from that situation and your centrebacks should be marking the men in that area, and I think the ball travels a long way at a reasonable speed to allow the keeper to come for it.

The first mistake was made by Rooney ( who was crap again and i hope i never see him in a England shirt again), he allowed. him man to run pass him to get the header which flicked the ball on, but i agree the whole set up was poor.

I was talking about over the whole tournament not just the one game, out of the 5 Spurs players there was only him and Dier who played up to there potential.

Rose was solid, if unspectacular - which going by his team mates standards made him one of England's better performers

Rose was solid, if unspectacular - which going by his team mates standards made him one of England's better performers
There was one occasion second half when defending one-v-one when he did not get close enough to his man prevent him from getting a decent shot on goal, also there was the odd stray pass late on when they were ALL tripping-up over their bootlaces, but overall, amidst all the dross around him, I'd argue he actually stood out as England's best performer on the night.

With the dross we had playing on the left in Sterling and Vardy it was very hard for Rose to be outstanding. He performs best when given the ball to run at the full back not when he recieves sloppy passes to him on the half way line.

Not trying to over egg our player's performances but it did seem that they all were dragged down to the level of the team around them rather than performing well with better players like eriksen, Alderweireld, Lamela etc.

He flopped in the Euros. He needs a long rest and Spurs need to buy a striker to share the work load. Kane needs a break to revive his cells else Football will stop being enjoyable for him.

And, purely from a Spurs perspective, thank goodness for that. My nightmare was an outstanding tournament which would have had the top teams in European banging in his door (and that of the other three)

The first mistake was made by Rooney ( who was crap again and i hope i never see him in a England shirt again), he allowed. him man to run pass him to get the header which flicked the ball on, but i agree the whole set up was poor.

I've seen the goal a few times since. Walker is still at fault however if you look he's setting himself for a flick-on which doesn't change the direction of the ball. He is getting ready to compete & head the ball away. As it happened the flick-on was behind him and into the 6 yard box. The Icelandic guy knew it was going in that direction but it seemed Walker was not expecting that. He didn't have time to re-adjust. Not sure if that is how he was coached to deal with it or his own poor handling of the situation. I certainly wouldn't put that down to a lack of concentration.

Back to Kane - no doubt he had a poor tournament, he did have more chances against Iceland than anyone else.

We should all be very happy/relieved that we have Poch in charge as we're in no doubt he will talk to the players about what happened and will try to work on it. I could even see him sitting the England guys down, finding out what went on during the tournament (coaching & in games) and giving them some advice. They will need it as I would think a few of them will be quite badly affected by how things panned out. He will need all his motivational skills to get them up & running for next season.

he can, good point, but I think he was somewhat bewildered by the tactics. At one point against Iceland, he could be seen asking Lewington what he was meant to be doing!!!!
That's also very much how it came across to me.

For Tottenham he's used to being the sole striker and that's the role that has enabled him to become the PL's most prolific striker. His game is all about being selfish (in a good way!) by getting onto the ball in and around the box and wherever possible shooting on sight.

Whereas for England he's had to learn how to share the striker's role with up to three others. Difficult enough you might think but when on top of that he's also expected to take corners and/or float dead balls into the box for others instead of being able to get on the end of them himself it's hardly surprising his strike rate has gone down the swanny.

Kane does well when they are doubters .. (see last season)

So home early, without the hype around him, sure they will be a bit of negative press but that is something he will have to learn to deal with as well.

Apparently England were playing with fear according to load of journos (you now the ones that have been having dinners with Woy for the last few years) and Greg Dyke.
Well Kane fudging wasn't. He was trying shots from 40 yard free kicks like he still believed in his ability right until the end.

I have very little confidence in Harry picking himself up from these humiliating performances quickly.

If our season is riding on Harry, it is frightening.

We need to give him as much recovery time both mentally and physically.

He has had a shocking time since April...........

Back