• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

for Spurs and England he is getting poor service, is too isolated and the most important factor is he now a marked man. He is getting kicked more, is super tightly marked, and so he is looking very ineffective

He just has to work his way through it and find new solutions to escape defenders.

I understand that Kane has been far from his best this season however I think some of the criticism from yesterday's performance is unfair. It would help if Rooney actually supported him by actually playing as a number 10 rather than as a defensive midfielder as he did yesterday.
And there was a pattern to England's attack that he could make runs off.
He has been poor for us as well but new system will need a couple of weeks.

I understand that Kane has been far from his best this season however I think some of the criticism from yesterday's performance is unfair. It would help if Rooney actually supported him by playing as a number 10 rather than as a defensive midfielder as he did yesterday.
Apparently Alardyce can't tell Rooney where to play!!!
Can we withdraw our players on the basis of management incompetence?!

Stumbled across a very interesting post on SC that I thought i'd copy here....can anyone say if this is even remotely a possible issue? Or just plain b0ll0cks?

How does the guy on SC know that Kane has an underdeveloped palate? Is he a doctor who has personally examined Kane? Or is it some guy on the internet looking into things too much because we have a striker with a lisp?

How does the guy on SC know that Kane has an underdeveloped palate? Is he a doctor who has personally examined Kane? Or is it some guy on the internet looking into things too much because we have a striker with a lisp?

No because one of feet are on the wrong way round!

for Spurs and England he is getting poor service, is too isolated and the most important factor is he now a marked man. He is getting kicked more, is super tightly marked, and so he is looking very ineffective

He just has to work his way through it and find new solutions to escape defenders.

Marking is the least of his issues. He was marked tightly last season. Problem is zero service

Who Harry?

Now I'm not his biggest fan but that's harsh!

Yeah he has a disabled mouth... It's a discrgace!!!

I'm gonna put it out there now... Toby is good at long passes as he has a slopey head. It helps him see things in the distance, but it does mean he isn't as good in the air #smallthingsmakethedifference#

You have to wonder what world anytime sun when they can define the inside of ones mouth having never seen it

Yeah he has a disabled mouth... It's a discrgace!!!

I'm gonna put it out there now... Toby is good at long passes as he has a slopey head. It helps him see things in the distance, but it does mean he isn't as good in the air #smallthingsmakethedifference#

You have to wonder what world anytime sun when they can define the inside of ones mouth having never seen it

It may follow that a lisp comes with some or differing amounts of pallet deformity - I have not a clue but there is no need to get out of your pram over it!

It may follow that a lisp comes with some or differing amounts of pallet deformity - I have not a clue but there is no need to get out of your pram over it!

I'm getting out of my pram because some tool feels the need to declare a player is suffering due to a defect... It's actually slanderous

It's like when fans start quoting their body language expertise ...

Last edited:
Marking is the least of his issues. He was marked tightly last season. Problem is zero service

Thinking back over the games he has played for us so far this season and England, I am struggling to think of a time when he generally had a good chance to score or was put through on goal. We seem to really struggle to create with through balls, can think of a few from last season but I think this season we have been a little underwhelming so far. Can't determine if it's Kane's lack of movement in the final 3rd, which is unlikely as Janssen does have good movement and it's the same for him. I guess it's Eriksen we generally rely on for these (appreciate deli and lamella are both capable) and he has also struggled. For England we really only have Barkley and Deli who I feel could do that, neither really played so not surprised Kane is struggling in the England line, he is snatching at shots from outside the box with a defender in front of him all the time and while the odd few may go in as he does have fantastic accuracy 9 times out of 10 this will just deflect off for a corner. Overall not much to gripe about with spurs or Kane these days, but I do wish we had a bit more magic in that final 3rd at times.

We, as a team haven't started yet. Watching us play at the moment we're quite static and not fluid. When we play our game were a very impressive team and hard to beat whilst creating for fun almost

When were not playing well were actually quite drab and kinda efficient, but not exciting

Kane cannot just do it on his own, and he isn't playing at 100% either.

It's not a surprise for me with the euros impacting on the amount of time players have had pre season to play (not rest). Kane barely played at all preseason and only lamella did play for us in most games out of the attackers. It's shows in his play vs theirs IMO

Absolutely ridiculous things bleeding over from the other board into this one...I have no doubt whatsoever that the cub are keenly aware of any deficiencies he has with regards to his body.

I think there are a few far far simpler reasons.

1) He has NOT been played to his strengths of last season by either club or country thus far this season, save the start of the Liverpool game where we looked like we might rip their dippy faces off before Walker went off sick.

2) He has thus had worse service than the average rail patron in Chichester.

3) He has played two+ years of non-stop football, yet is still only just turned 23 years old.

Yesterday, in Slovakia, every time to the bloke turned his man he was brought down. Of course he had no fudging chances, he couldn't even create his own due to being mauled, kicked or hacked at every opportunity. Skertl even smacked him in the face, in fact I was sure he had concussion.

I am getting weary of the press ignorantly jumping on his back...

Absolutely ridiculous things bleeding over from the other board into this one...I have no doubt whatsoever that the cub are keenly aware of any deficiencies he has with regards to his body.

I think there are a few far far simpler reasons.

1) He has NOT been played to his strengths of last season by either club or country thus far this season, save the start of the Liverpool game where we looked like we might rip their dippy faces off before Walker went off sick.

2) He has thus had worse service than the average rail patron in Chichester.

3) He has played two+ years of non-stop football, yet is still only just turned 23 years old.

Yesterday, in Slovakia, every time to the bloke turned his man he was brought down. Of course he had no fudgeing chances, he couldn't even create his own due to being mauled, kicked or hacked at every opportunity. Skertl even smacked him in the face, in fact I was sure he had concussion.

I am getting weary of the press ignorantly jumping on his back...

Easy target... They only go for the best players over here. It's symptomatic of the news generally. We only want them to report bad news as it makes better reading so in sporting terms there better of highlighting failure wherever possible. The only exception are the extremes when we actually win something like the olympics

I feel with sky and the way football now is constantly televised, it's created a culture of there ways being a blame for every goal and an expert for every situation and it's turning off the younger generation who now are scared of even kicking a ball and are much happier on a scooter

Back