• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Does everyone remember Roberto soldado, the striker who wouldn't shoot?

Defoe is/was greedy and Kane may be a touch 'greedy' (whatever that actually means in the context of his role in the team being to score goals), but I'd sooner see them put their laces through it and test the keeper than have strikers who are looking for the intricate pass which is supposed to lay it on a plate....

Personal preference I know, but I think Harry Kane is the absolute cobblers of a player, and I won't hear a bad word said about the most exciting player we've had come through our academy in many years.

Training his greediness out of him would be utter madness

No one ( at least not me) is suggesting we train his greediness out of him ( ALL good strikers are greedy that is why they are good) but there are times during games when they need to look at passing if another player is open and with a better chance of scoring. He is still only 22 and players as good as him will get better as they get older and one of those things he WILL improve on is the ability to provide chances for other players to score ( when they are better positioned).

No one ( at least not me) is suggesting we train his greediness out of him ( ALL good strikers are greedy that is why they are good) but there are times during games when they need to look at passing if another player is open and with a better chance of scoring. He is still only 22 and players as good as him will get better as they get older and one of those things he WILL improve on is the ability to provide chances for other players to score ( when they are better positioned).
Absolutely. There is being a bit greedy and taking on a speculative shot, and then there is just the wrong choice. He has to learn to distinguish between these to get to the next level.

It would be interesting to see a compilation of all the chances Kane has created this season, that our other players have missed. I have a suspicion he would've had far more assists had other players been more clinical.

While there's always room for improvement, for the most parts of this season I've not been worried by Kane's ability to create chances for others. He's not just a goalscorer, he's also a very intelligent player IMO.

It would be interesting to see a compilation of all the chances Kane has created this season, that our other players have missed. I have a suspicion he would've had far more assists had other players been more clinical.

While there's always room for improvement, for the most parts of this season I've not been worried by Kane's ability to create chances for others. He's not just a goalscorer, he's also a very intelligent player IMO.

n4SV0wo.png

obviously doesn't paint the entire picture but you could use the numbers to argue he is unlucky not to be posting the same assist numbers that Vardy/Lukaku and Giroud have

Great post William. Kane has made loads of chances that his teammates have muffed. Also, if you have Kane's innate skill and goal scoring record, it is easy to score, you just blast it at the corners, why pass?!

He's so good, I can't believe we made him. Two or three years ago I was bemoaning how we had made defenders and midfielders but never strikers...

Great post William. Kane has made loads of chances that his teammates have muffed. Also, if you have Kane's innate skill and goal scoring record, it is easy to score, you just blast it at the corners, why pass?!

He's so good, I can't believe we made him. Two or three years ago I was bemoaning how we had made defenders and midfielders but never strikers...
Agreed brilliant player. Only started watching him closely last season but you could see he had great vision, leadership, heading ability and of course an eye for goal. I couldn't believe his doubters at the start of the season (mostly pundits and fans of other clubs tbf) for me there was no doubt. I believe we are looking at a future England captain.

Would be great if he could get a goal or two tomorrow and finish top scorer. You just know Chelski will roll over for Leicester and Vardy, and Aguero is always deadly. At least one of them will score.

i quite fancy Kane to get a brace tomorrow. hopefully taking him to 30 all comps

Really thought he would overtake the 31 goals he scored last season. Disappointing that his lack of goals in Europe this season meant he was unable to get more than last season's tally.

But he will get the golden boot which is exceptional

Vardy and Aguero are both only one goal behind Kane so that isn't in the bag just yet.

EDIT : Does the PL golden boot get decided by assists in the event of a draw like the World Cup golden boot?

Unfortunately he was 4 goals shy of the 31 goal target I set for him and that is simply not good enough :D

On the other hand the 25 league goals more than make up for it

Back