• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I sincerely hope Poch does nothing of the sort. He's only ever greedy when he misses. So what about all those times when he has a pop and scores when by rights he 'should' have passed?

It's unbelievable that people are already getting on his back, some fans just do not know when they're lucky.

This. I thought we'd settled this when he scored that bloody beauty against Arsenal from waaaayyy out wide on the left; taking a shot on in situations where a cross or pass would have sufficed would have been suicidal for ninety-nine percent of players, who'd probably end up shanking it out of play and getting all sorts of abuse for doing so.

He just whalloped it in, in one of our most important games of the season. For me, that settled the debate; if you have a player who can do that, you bloody *let* him do that if it leads to consistent 30-goal seasons and wonder strikes like those.

I sincerely hope Poch does nothing of the sort. He's only ever greedy when he misses. So what about all those times when he has a pop and scores when by rights he 'should' have passed?

It's unbelievable that people are already getting on his back, some fans just do not know when they're lucky.

Well I am not getting on his back and I can not speak for others. As I said all goal scorers are greedy ( I saw the best ever but he also learnt to pass to a unmarked player) He needs to play others in when they are in the right place and a better position to score its a team game after all.

Not going into it again but his assist record ( 1 only) is below other top strikers in the Prem and once he learns to do this ( and he will) he will be a even better player.

someone always comes out with this 'getting on their back' line when someone dares criticize one of our players - none of them are faultless and all have things they need to work on, Kane is no different.

Indeed, as a coach you work on making all players better and if the player is willing to listen it usually leads to them being a better player.

Indeed, as a coach you work on making all players better and if the player is willing to listen it usually leads to them being a better player.

everything which i have read about Kane suggests he's the type of player to work hard on his game, id imagine you'd have to be that way inclined to make it at Tottenham these days

everything which i have read about Kane suggests he's the type of player to work hard on his game, id imagine you'd have to be that way inclined to make it at Tottenham these days

I am sure he will/does and I will be surprised if he does not take what Poch will/should be telling him about getting his head up to look for better placed players then himself.

I think he is guilty of being a bit greedy, but we should remember that a lot of these are split second decisions.

Split second decisions and he's our best finisher by some distance. It's always easy to point to the pass he should have looked for when he doesn't score, but him being more single minded and looking for the shot also means getting shots off quicker in some situations and that's a good thing.

I wouldn't pass to Lamela either, his finishing record is poor. I would belt it low and hard. Often they go in, sometimes they don't.

I wouldn't pass to Lamela either, his finishing record is poor. I would belt it low and hard. Often they go in, sometimes they don't.

Both chances people pointed to (that I noticed anyway) against Southampton were situations where taking the shot was fine. No one is having a go at Son for not passing the ball, but had he been tackled I'm sure they would have. Meanwhile had Kane tried the pass in one of his situations and it didn't work out probably people would be asking why he didn't just take the shot himself.

Not gettng on his back, just felt his poor decision making cost us on Sunday

Well I am not getting on his back and I can not speak for others. As I said all goal scorers are greedy ( I saw the best ever but he also learnt to pass to a unmarked player) He needs to play others in when they are in the right place and a better position to score its a team game after all.

Not going into it again but his assist record ( 1 only) is below other top strikers in the Prem and once he learns to do this ( and he will) he will be a even better player.
Was not getting at you, I do see where you are coming from. I just disagree that he should even for one moment think about changing the way he plays. Imo the minute he starts hesitating and worrying about bringing others in to play, that'll be when he stops scoring. There's no tougher role than being a striker and none that is more driven by instinct and self-belief.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

Was not getting at you, I do see where you are coming from. I just disagree that he should even for one moment think about changing the way he plays. Imo the minute he starts hesitating and worrying about bringing others in to play, that'll be when he stops scoring. There's no tougher role than being a striker and none that is more driven by instinct and self-belief.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

I do agree with that but every player should look/want to improve and if he did what I was suggesting he would do just that. :)

You're right. Aguero has twice the number of assists as Kane this season...

Vardy has 10
Deeney 7
Firmino7
Costa 6
Girould6
Lukaka 6
Pelle 6
Ayew 5

Ighalo has 3, Defoe 1, Sanchez 4. We seem to have different sources, mine from whoscored.com looking only at the league.

Point being that a clearly top class Aguero can have 2 shows that a low number of assists for a top class striker isn't really a clear indication that something is wrong or in need of fixing. First of all we're talking fairly low numbers overall where variance is likely to play a part, last season Kane had 4 and Aguero had 8. Have they both gotten much more selfish this season? Meanwhile Costa only had 3 last season, did he get a lot less selfish this season?

Just don't think we should read too much into those numbers. Kane is doing really well erring on the side of shooting a bit too much instead of making other mistakes.

I remember people judging Philp Albert as a great defender as he scored goals .. Couldnt defend very well but scored goals

Kane is there to score first and foremost and he is doing that. Yes he has made some poor calls but unlike every other striker in the league his variety of goals this season has been exceptional. That variety alone makes him almost impossible for defenders as he has shown he can drop off and score or play a traditional 9 and score.

The only other player that gets near to that is Aguero. And his assist are predominantly to two players IIRC and both play the number 10 role when playing (De Bruyne and the Nigerian lad who looks brilliant). Vardy has been playing in mainly Mahrez and even then he has had the hard work to do... Similarly Deeney has been playing a s part do a 2 with Ignahlo so again not a true comparison

He is still learning but is way ahead if the curve of any striker his age and 5 years senior in this league

Does everyone remember Roberto soldado, the striker who wouldn't shoot?

Defoe is/was greedy and Kane may be a touch 'greedy' (whatever that actually means in the context of his role in the team being to score goals), but I'd sooner see them put their laces through it and test the keeper than have strikers who are looking for the intricate pass which is supposed to lay it on a plate....

Personal preference I know, but I think Harry Kane is the absolute gonads of a player, and I won't hear a bad word said about the most exciting player we've had come through our academy in many years.

Training his greediness out of him would be utter madness

True, and it's important to note his shortcomings as areas where he can improve. But in my view, even if he stops developing today, he's still already as much of the complete package as we've had at the club for the last...oh, a long time. Better than Berba, Defoe and Keane, although they were all probably more specialized in their individual areas of excellence than Kane is overall.

Back