• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

There would be alot of options for Kane next year, he is the best striker in the world with Haaland. Not sure his options would be limited.

Lets see what happens

I didnt say 'limited' but by definition he wont have unlimited options.

He wont go to the US or Saudi, so perhaps there's 7-10 bigger/richer clubs

Of those, some wont want him, so perhaps its us or 2-4 others next summer

If we offer him say £10m p.a. signing fee (or salary top-up or whatever you wish to call it), its not impossible that he stays

I'm not saying that he will stay, but there's so much doom and gloom and apparent certainty that he'll walk next summer. Thats not the case

I do think people go way over the top with claims of how we are going to struggle if Kane goes. Remind me of some of the strikers that have been playing for teams in the top 4 in recent years? Callum Wilson? Firminho? Jesus? They're hardly all that are they?!
The fact are these teams have systems that work well and attack from different areas, not just rely on one guy. The last few years we have literally relied on Kane for everything going forwards (with a sprinkling of Son). With Ange this simply will not happen, and the personnel we have in attack with or without Kane is enough to trouble any team with a manager who looks to be on the front foot. What will hold us back is the CB area, if selling Kane enables us to bring in real quality there I'd be ok with it.....

Mate exactly that and its not to play down Kane because he is the best thing since GHod decided to invent Ben and Jerrys. But where we have struggled in recent years and IMO it has placed over emphasis on our defence for the same reason is that we have not had a system which is conducive to defending or attacking as an actual team or having a system for either. Its meant IMO that the defence has looked worse than it actually is and we have had an over reliance on Son and more particularly Kane has been. I am not saying Kane would not be missed, that would be absolutely ridiculous to suggest, but there would be life after him as there was before.

If we offer him say £10m p.a. signing fee (or salary top-up or whatever you wish to call it), its not impossible that he stays

I'm not saying that he will stay, but there's so much doom and gloom and apparent certainty that he'll walk next summer. Thats not the case

I never said you did, I was saying that

BTW I am not being doom and gloom saying he will leave, I have clearly emphasised that the last couple of days, its just a discussion on what I/people think might be the options based on multiple scenarios.

Mbappe and Kane both free transfers in the same window....It would be a very Real Madrid thing to go out and get both in the same window

I think Richarlison + Ferguson would be an exciting way to start our next era.

There is zero chance Brighton sell Ferguson to us this summer imho. He’s just signed a five year deal; it would take really ridiculous money to even give them pause for thought, and Levy would never offer anything near what would be required.

If we treat the domestic cups properly, we’ll play 40 games next season.

Kane might just win us the league playing one game a week.
I do think whilst it's always good to temper optimism there I did expect more people to be talking up the benefits of us having no Europe, whilst 3 of the top 4 didn't have to juggle CL last season. (Plus the WC impact)

If we keep Kane and Bentancur returns to previous levels we'd have a better side than than the one that came 4th and was sitting in 4th until Bentancur got injured.

Of course Chelsea benefit from the same.

Last edited:
I do think whilst it's always good to temper optimism there I did expect more people to be talking up the benefits of us having no Europe, whilst 3 of the top 4 didn't have to juggle CL last season. (Plus the WC impacy)

If we keep Kane and Bentancur returns to previous levels we'd have a better side than than the one that came 4th and was sitting in 4th until Bentancur got injured.

chelsea will have 270 players to keep happy though, and that lemon taco*

*joke

I do think whilst it's always good to temper optimism there I did expect more people to be talking up the benefits of us having no Europe, whilst 3 of the top 4 didn't have to juggle CL last season. (Plus the WC impacy)

And Kane could in theory stay next summer too

For me the risks are finely balanced, and given its not every day/year/decade that we have a genuinely world class player, I'd try to keep him for longer

I swear he takes his TalkSport home with him and into his solo stuff. He talks so much brick that it’s surely only to encourage comments on his videos to help generate increased views and further engagement.

Never heard of him before but apparently his allegiances are split between Forest and Chelsea. So firstly a bit odd having two teams, and secondly probably not going to give an impartial view on Kane if he supports (to some extent) Chelsea

chelsea will have 270 players to keep happy though, and that lemon taco*

*joke
Indeed. Although there are some levers being pulled that are assisting them with not only getting rid of but also receiving fees for their deadwood.

We just haven't been in this situation for years, even when we binned of Europa its still a distraction from training and most of the first team still travelled. We saw Conte's Chelsea benefit from it, I really think the WC + CL impact jas been really under played (City coped due to excessive sauad depth) and as it looks like we have someone who actually enjoys coaching it is something we should be positive about.

Back