• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I’d bite their hand off for that kind of fee
We ain’t winning the title next season and we’re not in Europe
The fa cup isn’t satisfying Kane so big money now and some short term pain is better than nothing IMO
But I do think levy is stubborn and has a belief around what “he” has created

Again, how do you know the FA cup wouldn't satisfy to Kane? It's a sweeping statement not based in anything Kane has said...think you' might be on the wind up and I'm caught hook line and sinker.

Winning it with Spurs would mean the world to him but nothing is a given. As always I'd love it too happen but it's time for him and us to try something new imo

If Bayern are serious they just need to start making a serious bid

...which they won't. They see his contract situation and expect a cheap deal.

To be fair to them, it has similarities to us and the Raya situation. However with Kane, there's also the added dimension of his status at the club, how long he's been here AND he's not expected to agitate for a move away

Bayern expect to get him on the cheap hence why I dont see him leaving. I can't see them getting to the £100m-£120m that it'll need

...which they won't. They see his contract situation and expect a cheap deal.

To be fair to them, it has similarities to us and the Raya situation. However with Kane, there's also the added dimension of his status at the club, how long he's been here AND he's not expected to agitate for a move away

Bayern expect to get him on the cheap hence why I dont see him leaving. I can't see them getting to the £100m-£120m that it'll need

But also Bayern are in a trap where unless they get him this season they won't likely get him next regardless

I don't subscribe to the idea that one season of Kane is worth 90m that we would lose on a free

You assume that he'd definitely leave next summer.

Granted there is a decent chance that he might leave, but its far from a 0% chance that he'll stay with Spurs

It's difficult to say what that % is as we wont know which clubs want a CF next summer.

However, could we plausibly offer him £400k per week for 4 years say? Thats equivalent to his current £200k plus £10m more p.a. for 4 years, so effectively extending his deal and giving him a £40m signing fee

I could see Levy doing that. Might still leave but gives us a realistic shot at keeping him

OK that's fine but in that case the contract situation doesn't really affect them, if they really want Kane they have to act now or not realistically get him.

I think it effects them negatively. Based on the figures mentioned in the press, it seems they think they can get him on the cheap (again, but like us and Raya). That's not going to happen though

Agree with you that if they want him they need to get their finger out. Levy isn't going to run to them as, unless all the messages coming out of the club are wrong, he doesnt want to sell Kane

It also seems like nobody remembers we've got Richarlison. If Kane were to go I'd absolutely want to buy an up and coming striker ie the next Ferguson but Kane leaving could help Richarlison cement himself as the main man, not aimed at you directly but is it a shiny new toy thing or people writing off Richarlison based on a bad first season, like Son had but then......
Would you be happy going into a new season with Richarlison as our lead striker?

He's very talented but has spent his career so far promising a lot and delivering very little.

He's a great bench option, better than most PL clubs could hope for. However, I wouldn't feel confident seeing him in Kane's place in September.

Would you be happy going into a new season with Richarlison as our lead striker?

He's very talented but has spent his career so far promising a lot and delivering very little.

He's a great bench option, better than most PL clubs could hope for. However, I wouldn't feel confident seeing him in Kane's place in September.
I do think Richarlison was 100% for that exact situation. The inevitability of Kane not signing a new contract and an opportunist signing.

He's not Kane, he's not close tbh but with another younger striker (Muani, Ramos, Vlahovic, Ferguson etc) we might not be in a terrible position if we do have to replace him.

For me though it would make more sense to get some money for him this season and reinvest that rather than keeping for another season and then having to find the money for a striker with none coming back our way that summer.

If we fairly say the majority of reasonably experienced and decent strikers are in the 60m+ range then it does make you question where are we going to get that money for a striker next season.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We aren't the kind of club that can afford having 60m signings as great bench options whilst potentially losing players like Kane for nothing. It's not all about money and the Kane part is a prediction of course.

Everything I've seen / read about Ange's style of play suggests that Richy's determination and high energy levels mean it could be a match made in heaven. Of course the first season was a disaster but that doesn't mean he can't turn it around. A scoring rate of one in three at Everton is delivering a hell of a lot in my opinion and it's worth finding out if we can help him make that next step up but I don't see how it works with Richy and Kane in the same team. With players like Maddison, Porro, Kulu feeding Richy in a system that suits him he could be a revelation.

It's not an exact situation comparison but look how Utd moved on a world class player who didn't want to be there in Ronaldo and then ended up winning a trophy + getting champions league with Wout fudging Weghorst as the leading striker.

On paper we look brilliant with Kane in the line up and he personally crushes it every season but we fall short every time. Sell him, fix the CB clusterfudge with the majority of the funds and sign a promising striker as Richy's understudy.

I like Richy alot but I don't see him as a long term replacement for Kane but to add the much needed depth for the front line that we had been screaming for. If Kane goes I think we would look at a replacement, silly to say like for like but if we were to manage 90m for him I would think a large portion of that would go towards an area that we all know is going to leave a massive hole. I know Levy has a bad rep on here and with the fans but I don't see even him not having something planned for the scenarios of Kane leaving which would also leave a massive negative PR stain. Its Bale x10

A four year deal now, all in will cost them £220m, no end value and nowhere near any transfer they've triggered in the past.

Yeh but that be the crux of it, next year its open season and they don't get him at all as Europe's biggest will be all over him like a rash. If they want him now it's not going to be for a paltry 60m and if they want Kane they need to persuade him that the value of trophies outweighs much more than 300k a week.

As much as I think we should sell this summer I don't think we do it to everyone else's tune

Yeh but that be the crux of it, next year its open season and they don't get him at all as Europe's biggest will be all over him like a rash

Well maybe. Some won't want (Real will have Mbappe, Utd will sign someone this summer, City may still have Haaland) and he wont go across London

As I mentioned above, we could offer him a decent wad and have him stay. Difficult to say how likely that is to succeed though

Well maybe. Some won't want (Real will have Mbappe, Utd will sign someone this summer, City may still have Haaland) and he wont go across London

As I mentioned above, we could offer him a decent wad and have him stay. Difficult to say how likely that is to succeed though

There would be alot of options for Kane next year, he is the best striker in the world with Haaland. Not sure his options would be limited.

Lets see what happens

I would at least give him the benefit of the doubt here in terms of the whole new setup and hopefully staying injury free. Hoping that first season was more anomaly than the norm.
Could very well be that he's not good enough in the end but a lot of players deserve a chance, especially those who were not trusted at all by Conte despite Son being ineffective.

I do think people go way over the top with claims of how we are going to struggle if Kane goes. Remind me of some of the strikers that have been playing for teams in the top 4 in recent years? Callum Wilson? Firminho? Jesus? They're hardly all that are they?!
The fact are these teams have systems that work well and attack from different areas, not just rely on one guy. The last few years we have literally relied on Kane for everything going forwards (with a sprinkling of Son). With Ange this simply will not happen, and the personnel we have in attack with or without Kane is enough to trouble any team with a manager who looks to be on the front foot. What will hold us back is the CB area, if selling Kane enables us to bring in real quality there I'd be ok with it.....

I do think people go way over the top with claims of how we are going to struggle if Kane goes. Remind me of some of the strikers that have been playing for teams in the top 4 in recent years? Callum Wilson? Firminho? Jesus? They're hardly all that are they?!
The fact are these teams have systems that work well and attack from different areas, not just rely on one guy. The last few years we have literally relied on Kane for everything going forwards (with a sprinkling of Son). With Ange this simply will not happen, and the personnel we have in attack with or without Kane is enough to trouble any team with a manager who looks to be on the front foot. What will hold us back is the CB area, if selling Kane enables us to bring in real quality there I'd be ok with it.....

Gareth Bale is the best player we’ve ever had, yet he wasn’t part of the best team we’ve ever had.

It’s a squad game, no player is irreplaceable.

Back