• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

It won't just be about the £s.... He'll be able to earn more money playing at a bigger club that put more emphasis on trying to win trophies and are more likely to win things (probably as a result of putting more of an emphasis on doing so). The large uptick in money earned will simply be a nice bonus.

Exactly this, its not even going to be the money IMO but next year opens the net to more clubs who are bigger than and offer more opportunities to win things. The idea there are only 2 clubs that take Kane next year is fanciful, Harry Kane comes on the market for a free and every club in the world make room for him. Thats also why I think if the right deal could be made he would go this year for as little (he says) as double your money to go to a Bayern as its another year to win things and what price do you put on that at 30. Again I will be clear, there are arguments for both but unless we pull a rabbit out the hat this season (I think we will progress but am realistic) he is not going to sign on IMO

Agree, or he might stay at Spurs. Depends on how important £££ is for him, and where we've progressed to by this time next year.

As I mentioned yesterday, I could see us perhaps offering him say £10m p.a. for 4 years on top of his £200k, so c.£400k per week. Think we could rationally justify that for keeping one of our best ever players, England captain etc

I'm pretty certain we won't be the highest offer on the table, but that would give us a shot at keeping him.

Lots of people on here says he'd definitely be walking next summer. We'll have a shot, and hence why I wouldnt sell him for a knock-down price this summer

What is a knock down price to you?

100m?
90m?
75m?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Youth football is about enjoyment, exercise, friendship. Professional football is about none of those things, it's a completely different discipline.

The Champions League is not meaningless, the Premier League is not meaningless. The domestic cups are an inconvenience, with very little upside compared to the resources they take and the risks they contain. A club of our stature should aim higher.

Youth football is about enjoyment, exercise, friendship. Professional football is about none of those things, it's a completely different discipline.

The Champions League is not meaningless, the Premier League is not meaningless. The domestic cups are an inconvenience, with very little upside compared to the resources they take and the risks they contain. A club of our stature should aim higher.

The elements you mentioned are still important in professional football but it's more your idea of not going for things because you don't consider them to be the main priority. If the only meaning for you is to be found in football is winning the PL or CL then that'll mean supporting Spurs will be very unfulfilling to you. If you want the kids to be any good (and fair enough if not as it might be purely recreational etc) competing on multiple fronts is a key part of the game. Dropping out of cup competitions is a pathetic approach but it comes down to the age old debate of whether you prefer actual sporting achievements or the ability to jerk off over spreadsheets that show some great figures.

Funnily enough we're clearing out my Grandad's house, he was a Forest season ticket holder and today we uncovered a program of the 1991 FA cup final between Spurs and Forest - That is glorious history that cannot be unwritten and your ludicrous take on achievements such as that don't change it one iota. If / when we win it again and you feel nothing because it's "not an important trophy" that's choice but it's a soulless one.

The elements you mentioned are still important in professional football but it's more your idea of not going for things because you don't consider them to be the main priority. If the only meaning for you is to be found in football is winning the PL or CL then that'll mean supporting Spurs will be very unfulfilling to you. If you want the kids to be any good (and fair enough if not as it might be purely recreational etc) competing on multiple fronts is a key part of the game. Dropping out of cup competitions is a pathetic approach but it comes down to the age old debate of whether you prefer actual sporting achievements or the ability to jerk off over spreadsheets that show some great figures.

Funnily enough we're clearing out my Grandad's house, he was a Forest season ticket holder and today we uncovered a program of the 1991 FA cup final between Spurs and Forest - That is glorious history that cannot be unwritten and your ludicrous take on achievements such as that don't change it one iota. If / when we win it again and you feel nothing because it's "not an important trophy" that's choice but it's a soulless one.

The FA Cup was a completely different competition then, there was huge value in it, it was before the CL took over, when the continental competitions were on a more even footing.

The game has changed fundamentally in that 30 years, the CL has turned the entire game on its head, its become everything, it is football.

And yes, where we are now, for professional football and my association with this club, tossing over spreadsheets is massive. It’s the most accurate analysis of our performance relative to our peers who are financially doped.

What is a knock down price to you?

100m?
90m?
75m?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Knock-down price is £60m - £80m say

I'd be open to selling him for £100m-£120m. Spend £60m on a replacement CF and the rest on a number 6 (assuming we can fund the two CBs which we need without selling Kane)

I'd be open to selling him for £100m-£120m. Spend £60m on a replacement CF and the rest on a number 6 (assuming we can fund the two CBs which we need without selling Kane)
You would get Vlahovic for that who would score goals here (I do think he would quit Bayern better)

The FA Cup was a completely different competition then, there was huge value in it, it was before the CL took over, when the continental competitions were on a more even footing.

The game has changed fundamentally in that 30 years, the CL has turned the entire game on its head, its become everything, it is football.

And yes, where we are now, for professional football and my association with this club, tossing over spreadsheets is massive. It’s the most accurate analysis of our performance relative to our peers who are financially doped.

When you say the huge value in the FA cup, do you literally mean a cash prize or another kind of value?

You must have huge respect for Leicester's PL win then if it's one of two trophies that you consider important (I'm expecting that you don't and have a weird way to belittle the achievement of course...).

If an FA cup / League cup / Lower tier European competition win would not create any pride / happiness for you but the finances looking great do then that's a warped view of football but if you truly feel that way and aren't just on the wind up then I don't know man, you do you and I'll pray that Ange sees things differently as well otherwise we've no hope at all.

Last edited:
When you say the huge value in the FA cup, do you literally mean a cash prize or another kind of value?

You must have huge respect for Leicester's PL win then if it's one of two trophies that you consider important (I'm expecting that you don't and have a weird way to belittle the achievement of course...).

If an FA cup / League cup / Lower tier European competition win would not create any pride / happiness for you but the finances looking great do then that's a warped view of football but if you truly feel that way and aren't just on the wind up then I don't know man, you do you and I'll pray that Ange sees things differently as well other we've no hope at all.

It used to get you into a premier continental competition, now it doesn’t.

Leicester were clearly doping (old school, chemical doping), so of course I don’t.

It used to get you into a premier continental competition, now it doesn’t.

Leicester were clearly doping (old school, chemical doping), so of course I don’t.

I called it on the flimflam reason to not give them credit, who'd have thunk it! A random bloke on an internet forum has a keener eye for doping then the powers that be, you should get in touch and offer your services as an anti doper and accountant.

Anyone who wins the "only two important competitions" are cheating either via financial or doping means and the other competitions don't matter. You're actually sticking to that story with a straight face? It's an impressive level of delusion.

Horrendous explanation of why the FA cup was important and isn't now as well but I expected no less. And being curt doesn't make your views any less misguided. People (players and fans alike) who won the FA cup at a time where it gained European qualification will remember the final itself and the celebrations, love and admiration from the footballing world. Anyways, it's always a trip, thanks for the giggles, probably best get back to the Kane chat.

I called it on the flimflam reason to not give them credit, who'd have thunk it! A random bloke on an internet forum has a keener eye for doping then the powers that be, you should get in touch and offer your services as an anti doper and accountant.

Anyone who wins the "only two important competitions" are cheating either via financial or doping means and the other competitions don't matter. You're actually sticking to that story with a straight face? It's an impressive level of delusion.

Horrendous explanation of why the FA cup was important and isn't now as well but I expected no less. And being curt doesn't make your views any less misguided. People (players and fans alike) who won the FA cup at a time where it gained European qualification will remember the final itself and the celebrations, love and admiration from the footballing world. Anyways, it's always a trip, thanks for the giggles, probably best get back to the Kane chat.

The powers that he have been turning a blind eye to footballs massive doping problem for decades.*

When it breaks, and it will, we’ll be tearing up volumes of the record books. You don’t need anything more than common sense to see it.

As I recall, the official line on Leicester’s championship team suddenly increasing their distance per game stats by 140% was, er… pizza.

*Part of the fallout from Operation Puerto, an investigation into doping in pro cycling, was the uncovering of multiple football and tennis stars under the same program.

I don’t think we’re getting anything like that amount for Kane. Kane himself knows that in less than a years’ time he adds that transfer fee onto his salary. He also knows that he gets the pick of a dozen truly big clubs.

If we do end up getting as much a £80m for Kane (which I think is the very max we can hope for) then I can’t see us spending a great deal of it on a replacement for Kane. My guess is that the powers that be at the club would feel the £60m spent on Richarlison was doing that in advance, Should we sell Kane though I do think we’ll spend the £80 million or so, just on a couple of centre backs and perhaps also a back up forward as opposed to trying to get a new first choice striker.

I don’t think we’re getting anything like that amount for Kane. Kane himself knows that in less than a years’ time he adds that transfer fee onto his salary. He also knows that he gets the pick of a dozen truly big clubs.

If we do end up getting as much a £80m for Kane (which I think is the very max we can hope for) then I can’t see us spending a great deal of it on a replacement for Kane. My guess is that the powers that be at the club would feel the £60m spent on Richarlison was doing that in advance, Should we sell Kane though I do think we’ll spend the £80 million or so, just on a couple of centre backs and perhaps also a back up forward as opposed to trying to get a new first choice striker.
Aint ENIC shares up like 210% this year? Shoure they can put an extra 150m£ on the table

Dunno if it meant anything, but at the end of the West Ham match the players all hung back and let Harry walk around in front on his own clapping the crowd.

You might be right, you might be wrong but if you're right I dont think he'll leave in that case. Levy knows that even separately to what he adds on the pitch, Kane is hugely valuable from a marketing perspective. I dont think there's a chance we sell him for £80m personally

Question on proceeds partly depends on what we've done in the market before we got cash for him. Like most, I'm hoping that we can pick up a CB or two in the not too distant future

Back