• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

True but I still don't think it's a style he would relish, he has been pretty much injury free since he stopped that style, I'm not saying its a major thing because the bloke is a world class striker, but it's certainly a consideration for both

Yes, but perhaps you can get around it by Kane and one of the number 8s pressing the keeper and CB between them, with the wide forwards pressing the full backs?

Agree that its probably not a style which he'd relish. Not sure it'd be enough for him to aggitate to leave, more just that something which if he did leave then he'd look back and think that he's avoided all that running!

The other thing which makes me think that we have zero intention of selling Kane this summer is how few (zero?) CFs which we're being linked with.

If we were sniffing around CFs, there would be rumours day in day out in the press on who was going to replace Kane given agents/clubs would talk. Similar to how at the moment, we're desperate to strengthen at CB so there's been a lot of links over the last 2 months

I can't see that we'd go without a replacement but doesnt feel like we're lining one up...which tells me we dont intend to sell

Didn't Kane cover the most ground in a lot of matches last season? I know he's not quick (and doesn't take risks like lunging in anymore since that first ankle injury) but he also showed he can press still, he did it a lot for England recently too.

So their guy is simultaneously saying that Levy needs to name a price and that his people aren't new to negotiating.

That doesn't track.

All Levy needs to do is keep saying "No" until he thinks they're not going any higher. Then he decides if that's enough or not.

So their guy is simultaneously saying that Levy needs to name a price and that his people aren't new to negotiating.

That doesn't track.

All Levy needs to do is keep saying "No" until he thinks they're not going any higher. Then he decides if that's enough or not.

No. Two problems with that quote

"First we have to get him to name a price."

and

"Tottenham will have to give up"

Levy won't name a price if he doesnt want to sell, and he'll also never 'give up' (ie reduce an asking price)

If Hoeness has really said those things, he's a fool and doesnt understand Levy

Yes, but perhaps you can get around it by Kane and one of the number 8s pressing the keeper and CB between them, with the wide forwards pressing the full backs?

Agree that its probably not a style which he'd relish. Not sure it'd be enough for him to aggitate to leave, more just that something which if he did leave then he'd look back and think that he's avoided all that running!

Yeh not saying he would agitate for a move but I think as a scenario it all adds up to maybe a change of direction for all. Not least when you add the other issues mentioned already.

Going to be an interesting few weeks

Going to be an interesting few weeks

At some point though, if they haven't met Levy's unknown price then its too late IMO given the need to spend the loot well to offset the loss of Harry.

I'd put that perhaps at the end of July given how much harder it gets to sign players other than panic buys

If it’s true that all these comments have been said openly then Levy will likely decide to raise the price further. I think that he doesn’t like people publicly talking like that and so I think he won’t take too kindly to it.

True but I still don't think it's a style he would relish, he has been pretty much injury free since he stopped that style, I'm not saying its a major thing because the bloke is a world class striker, but it's certainly a consideration for both

But I think he would relish a free flowing attacking style

At some point though, if they haven't met Levy's unknown price then its too late IMO given the need to spend the loot well to offset the loss of Harry.

I'd put that perhaps at the end of July given how much harder it gets to sign players other than panic buys

I would probably hazard a guess that if say Bayern have been given permission to speak to Kane that it's on the notion we currently look for a replacement and accept their deal if one is found.

I would probably hazard a guess that if say Bayern have been given permission to speak to Kane that it's on the notion we currently look for a replacement and accept their deal if one is found.

So let's see whether we're linked with lots of CFs in the coming days. As above, I really struggle to see that Bayern have or would match the price which we'd ask

The other thing which makes me think that we have zero intention of selling Kane this summer is how few (zero?) CFs which we're being linked with.

If we were sniffing around CFs, there would be rumours day in day out in the press on who was going to replace Kane given agents/clubs would talk. Similar to how at the moment, we're desperate to strengthen at CB so there's been a lot of links over the last 2 months

I can't see that we'd go without a replacement but doesnt feel like we're lining one up...which tells me we dont intend to sell

We've been linked with vlahovic and in the last 24 hours we've been linked with ramos from benfica. Also vitor roque agent said we bid for him before he went to barca.

We've been linked with vlahovic and in the last 24 hours we've been linked with ramos from benfica. Also vitor roque agent said we bid for him before he went to barca.

The Roque one was a quote from his agent listing us as one of a few teams interested, but was never credible given the price tag - mentioned as €100m deal for an 18 yr old. That's a million miles from a deal which Spurs would do!!!

Vlahovic I saw some click bait - I dont recall the source but it didnt seem like a credible source so I ignored it. Ramos, I haven't seen us linked so can't comment on whether it seems credible

A lack of rumours in the press about us signing a striker isn't evidence that we aren't going to sell Kane. It's almost as if we have a back up 60m CF who is more suited to the way that Ange's set ups at previous clubs.

If we do sell I could see us going for a younger up and coming striker but the "replacement" is already here, funny how many have totally written him off after a bad season. Funds have to be invested in to the CB's, if we are short of money I'd rather overhaul that area than hold on to Kane who the manager will have to adapt in to his way of playing for a short term stay (assuming he doesn't want to sign another contract, which I'd understand and respect).

Edit - This is an unlikely worst case scenario but imagine if Kane stays and has a bad injury from the start missing most of the season and than leaves, bit of a nightmare situation but would be quite sexy!

Everything is a trade off
But if we can get the defence to concede a % less goals… that’s less goals that the forwards need to make up, if we lose kane
And then add in that we will be playing front foot, attacking football and instantly we should score more by default

The Roque one was a quote from his agent listing us as one of a few teams interested, but was never credible given the price tag - mentioned as €100m deal for an 18 yr old. That's a million miles from a deal which Spurs would do!!!

Vlahovic I saw some click bait - I dont recall the source but it didnt seem like a credible source so I ignored it. Ramos, I haven't seen us linked so can't comment on whether it seems credible

My bad i didn't know that links only count if you find them credible. Lol.

Ramos could be interesting
Vlahovic I rate very highly but i don’t think he suits anges game
A wide forward who can get goals so we can shift son central to richralison would be a big move for me

In this day and age clubs do not seek permissions to talk to players of other clubs

Back