• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

As for people on this forum thinking that Kane is staying, I'm sorry to be so blunt but that is a naïve take and I hope you're not too disappointed if he does end up going.
Why is it naive? If a bid doesn't come in that makes it worth losing him then why would we let him go?
At this point we haven't received a bid that makes it worthwhile yet, maybe we will get one, maybe we won't.

If I were Kane I simply would not a contract with anyone. I would simply keep my options open. If we had an amazing season I would definitely consider signing with us next season, else I would simply look at my long list of suitors and decide what I want to do.

And if the manger and club said, sign on or you are not wanted. We’ll look to sell now if you don’t give us some contractual protection. Would you dig your heels in?

It wouldn't tinkle off any of them. Ange isn't going to leave one of the best players on the planet on the bench, he'd get slaughtered by the fans and media if he did.

I would not be so sure.

It was only a couple of years ago Spurs fans were booing Kane. IF and I don't think it will come to this, if Kane says to Postecoglou I am going to sit out my contract and leave on a free next summer. He is essentially saying he is not committed. That would pizz off any manager. And this one is black or white. You're in or out.

Starting Kane from the bench actually makes sense in a Postecoglou side. Richarlison spends an hour running and closing, Kane comes on and demolishes a tired defence.

I don’t think Kane will leave us on a free transfer.

I think he will sign a new contract when the window closes for £400k a week. 3 year contract with £100m buyout makes sense for all parties.

I would not be so sure.

It was only a couple of years ago Spurs fans were booing Kane. IF and I don't think it will come to this, if Kane says to Postecoglou I am going to sit out my contract and leave on a free next summer. He is essentially saying he is not committed. That would pizz off any manager. And this one is black or white. You're in or out.

Starting Kane from the bench actually makes sense in a Postecoglou side. Richarlison spends an hour running and closing, Kane comes on and demolishes a tired defence.
He was booed by a few fans for not returning to training, this is different and the fans will be hoping he signs another contract.

It's not saying he's not committed. It's saying that he is here for one more season. If you really think that Kane won't give it his all, like he has every season including the one when his transfer to City fell through then that is your issue not Kane's or Ange's. Ange will be delighted to have Kane for the season and won't be tinkled off. He's in the game long enough to understand it and is going to use the only world class player we have, not leave him sitting on the bench.

I don’t think Kane will leave us on a free transfer.

I think he will sign a new contract when the window closes for £400k a week. 3 year contract with £100m buyout makes sense for all parties.

Don't think the buyout clause is required
- Either Kane goes this window (I think for £90-£100M to a club in Europe, if Kane wants it, we would have to consider)
- If he stays, we are either accepting he goes on a free next season (potentially in PL) or we get him to sign new contract
- If he signs a new contract I think he's accepting his competitive career ends with us (i.e. he's staying the long term)

I think Kane has a plan long term and it involves the US (NFL?), the appearing on US TV, the youtube shows, don't indicate a guy thinking about spending the end of his career in Europe

I would not be so sure.

I don’t think that tracks, it depends on the player. Some would be even more committed, knowing it was the last stint.

For me, it’s a no brainer, get him (imo, the best player in the world) for one more year, run him into the ground and get the best replacement we can for the year after.

He’ll score 50 odd goals over the next 12 months, and make 50 more, even with unlimited funds we couldn’t guarantee buying that.

And if the manger and club said, sign on or you are not wanted. We’ll look to sell now if you don’t give us some contractual protection. Would you dig your heels in?

Actually I would.

Not sure Spurs can afford to not play arguably the best player in our history

I would not be so sure.

We'd have to be incredibly bullheaded not to play Kane. He is by the best striker we have, Richarlison simply doesn't compare. Ange isn't going to play Richy over Kane if he has Kane able and willing to play. That would just be asking for problems and inviting the pressure that would lead to him losing his job.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He was booed by a few fans for not returning to training, this is different and the fans will be hoping he signs another contract.

It's not saying he's not committed. It's saying that he is here for one more season. If you really think that Kane won't give it his all, like he has every season including the one when his transfer to City fell through then that is your issue not Kane's or Ange's. Ange will be delighted to have Kane for the season and won't be tinkled off. He's in the game long enough to understand it and is going to use the only world class player we have, not leave him sitting on the bench.

This is all good, if the club have security with some kind of extension but if the player is walking next summer, Spurs don't have to follow this at all. Some of the responses here underappreciate Postecoglou. He's made a career out of sacking off tiring stars. He makes no bones with starting afresh. If a player is not sticking around, he won't want to build a side around them. And as outlined Kane relegated to the bench in such a scenerio makes sense for a number of reasons. As outlined I don't think it will come to that.

The point is, the club, and Postecoglou are not completely powerless here.

This is all good, if the club have security with some kind of extension but if the player is walking next summer, Spurs don't have to follow this at all. Some of the responses here underappreciate Postecoglou. He's made a career out of sacking off tiring stars. He makes no bones with starting afresh. If a player is not sticking around, he won't want to build a side around them. And as outlined Kane relegated to the bench in such a scenerio makes sense for a number of reasons. As outlined I don't think it will come to that.

The point is, the club, and Postecoglou are not completely powerless here.
It's more you underappreciating Harry than anyone else underappreciating Ange. They don't have to follow playing their only world class player, which makes zero sense and is just cutting off your nose to spite your face. Don't play Kane, lose a couple of games and Ange will immediately lose the crowd.
And Kane is not some tiring star, he's just come off the back of a 30 goal season and was the best player in the league (Haaland scored 36 goals in a far better team creating his chances and didn't nothing outside that). Ange has never worked with a player of Kanes caliber before and he's not going to turn his nose up at him.

It's more you underappreciating Harry than anyone else underappreciating Ange. They don't have to follow playing their only world class player, which makes zero sense and is just cutting off your nose to spite your face. Don't play Kane, lose a couple of games and Ange will immediately lose the crowd.
And Kane is not some tiring star, he's just come off the back of a 30 goal season and was the best player in the league (Haaland scored 36 goals in a far better team creating his chances and didn't nothing outside that). Ange has never worked with a player of Kanes caliber before and he's not going to turn his nose up at him.

Look at it from Postecoglou's and the club's perspective as well. We might mount a challenge for silverware this season, but more likely next. There is going to be a bedding in period, Postecoglou has needed them at previous clubs. People talk of needing patience whilst the new way of playing takes shape. The players need to learn and adapt to the setup. So you're building for the following season, you'll take anything this season as a bonus. Would you build your side around Kane knowing he was intending to walk next summer?

Last edited:
Why is it naive? If a bid doesn't come in that makes it worth losing him then why would we let him go?
At this point we haven't received a bid that makes it worthwhile yet, maybe we will get one, maybe we won't.
I did not word that sentence as carefully as I wanted. I meant to say that it's naïve to think Kane wants to stay. There's no way for us to know if Kane will be here September 1st so that's my mistake.

Let me clarify that if we get a bid of 100m pounds from Bayern, the club will probably accept and let Kane leave. I'm not suggesting Kane will put in a transfer request or act unprofessional like when Emirates Marketing Project came in for him (unless that was an honest miscommunication with the staff and player). I'm only suggesting that Kane doesn't really want to play for Spurs next season and is hopeful a big club make the necessary bid to "rescue" him from Spurs.

Back