• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

If I were Kane I would stay but refuse to sign a new contract, and make my decision at the end of next season.

Completely. I'm sure that's what he'll do too.

We'll try to get him to sign a new contract in the autumn I expect. It'll take all of Ange's powers of persuasion to get him to sign at that point though.

I dont think he does want to leave, but can equally understand him not wanting to be committed to a sh1tshow for the rest of his career.

Come next summer, I dont think its necessarily a case of highest offer to him gets his signature. I think we need to show progress and some ambition, and make a decent offer even if it isnt the highest

Completely. I'm sure that's what he'll do too.

We'll try to get him to sign a new contract in the autumn I expect. It'll take all of Ange's powers of persuasion to get him to sign at that point though.

I dont think he does want to leave, but can equally understand him not wanting to be committed to a sh1tshow for the rest of his career.

Come next summer, I dont think its necessarily a case of highest offer to him gets his signature. I think we need to show progress and some ambition, and make a decent offer even if it isnt the highest

The question is: will the club have that? Quite a lot of risk. A compromise is signing a new contract with some kind of break/release clause. That gives the club some protection as well as the player. Otherwise Postecoglou could opt to cash out now, rather than keep a player and have nothing to reinvest. There is a happy middle option if we can get everyone working together on this.

The question is: will the club have that? Quite a lot of risk. A compromise is signing a new contract with some kind of break/release clause. That gives the club some protection as well as the player. Otherwise Postecoglou could opt to cash out now, rather than keep a player and have nothing to reinvest. There is a happy middle option if we can get everyone working together on this.
4 year contract 400k a week with buy out clause 60m after 1 year, 45m after two.
Think that would be reasonable for all parties.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_...ern-munich-move-extend-tottenham-deal-sources
I saw the headline about Kane wanting to move to Bayern, but then I read the article...
According to sources, Kane's brother and agent, Charlie, has been in constant contact with the Bayern hierarchy ahead of a potential transfer.
Oh, so I guess he's not going to Bayern.

Look guys, here's the thing... he's not going to sign a new contract because we don't have the financial might that clubs like PSG have (regarding when Mbappe signed his latest contract with them). It's almost impossible to get players to sign in their last year of the contract. We would need some kind of miracle for Kane to renew with us.
In January, he can only sign with overseas clubs, so United and City (or any other domestic clubs) are not in the picture until June 2024.
The question is: do you think that having Kane here for one last season is worth 90-100m pounds? I personally don't, but I know that comes with the caveat that whatever players we invest that money into may ultimately not be worth that much either.

Make no mistake though; Kane wants to leave this summer (again). He's learned some lessons from last time, I'm sure, except for retaining his brother as his agent. In fact, Charlie has his player agency but somehow still only has one client after all these years. I'm not trying to be an asshole here but thank GHod for us fans that Charlie is so inept. Anyway, don't want to bash on him too hard as he's already made a huge mess of his reputation before. Just trying to express my gratitude.

Finally, I also want to comment on the logical fallacies that some other posters have already addressed. If Kane goes, we're not playing with ten players. Someone else will be playing in that position. Obviously, no one else will be as good as him but if we can focus more on our team play, I'm sure Ange can get this team going scoring goals.

If I were Kane I would not touch that contract. Next summer a lump sum signing on fee would do me just fine.

...and that signing fee should have course come from Spurs. might be smaller than other options, but depends on how opposed he is to moving his family

And if the club said sign (with a break clause) or we will sell now, what would you do?
He's happy enough to leave so he'd probably say sell me now, but as has been stated we can't actually sell him without his consent.

The power is all in his hands. Signing a new contract right now would be crazy on his part unless he decides that he's never leaving Spurs no matter what. Whilst that would be great I think all know that's not the case, he's happy to stay if he thinks he can achieve while here. Given we've hired yet another coach and are embarking on yet another rebuild and redirection it only makes sense on his part to wait and see what happens.

An extra 200k a week for 1 year isn't going to be enough of an incentive to lose the power he now holds. In just under 1 year he is going to be free to go wherever he wants and will likely earn massive financial compensation for whatever direction he takes. Why would he want to put that control back in the hands of Levy and Spurs?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We can't force him to leave before he decides to

Of course not. But you have various levers. You can let other clubs know he is available. You can simply tell the player he is not wanted and you wish to sell if he doesn't extend the contract. I don't think it would come to that. Simply saying, chap we need to cash you in, now is the time to do this, would probably suffice. If you get a bidding war going the wages on offer, and the glitz of the elite clubs would get it moving.

Hopefully, it does not come to that. If Kane is willing to work with the club I don't see why we can't put in place a contract where Kane wins - earns more with security - as well as giving him some options in a year as well. It may well be a lowish release clause say if we don't win something or secure CL, higher if do etc. But even then it would be contingent on him wishing to leave and of course, higher wages being on offer than we are paying.

No one quite knows Kane's position. Is he happy at Spurs, but wants to win something? It would mean a lot more winning with us than say City. Is he desperate to get out the door? Or does he want to negotiate a massive payday but see out his career with us?

I am sure nothing would make him happier than achieving success under Postecoglou. So if he can outline how we will look to achieve success, Kane might sign up. Another factor must be Kane learning about management. Strikes me as someone who won't walk away from football once he retires from playing (I think he could well play for another 5+ years he doesn't drink and is a model pro). There must be some intrigue to explore a totally different way of playing. Like fans, after Mourinho and Conte's quite similar defensive style, I am sure Kane is keen to learn about the inverse setup. And there are shades of Poch in Postecoglou. A manager that Kane will likely respect.

All options are possible. These are adults and provided there is good faith between club, manager and player, they will work out the best option.

Last edited:
Of course not. But you have various levers. You can let other clubs know he is available. You can simply tell the player he is not wanted and you wish to sell if he doesn't extend the contract. I don't think it would come to that. Simply saying, chap we need to cash you in, now is the time to do this, would probably suffice. If you get a bidding war going the wages on offer, and the glitz of the elite clubs would get it moving.

Hopefully, it does not come to that. If Kane is willing to work with the club I don't see why we can't put in place a contract where Kane wins - earns more with security - as well as giving him some options in a year as well. It may well be a lowish release clause say if we don't win something or secure CL, higher if do etc. But even then it would be contingent on him wishing to leave and of course, higher wages being on offer than we are paying.

No one quite knows Kane's position. Is he happy at Spurs, but wants to win something? It would mean a lot more winning with us than say City. Is he desperate to get out the door? Or does he want to negotiate a massive payday but see out his career with us?

I am sure nothing would make him happier than achieving success under Postecoglou. So if he can outline how we will look to achieve success, Kane might sign up. Another factor must be Kane learning about management. Strikes me as someone who won't walk away from football once he retires from playing (I think he could well play for another 5+ years he doesn't drink and is a model pro). There must be some intrigue to explore a totally different way of playing. Like fans, after Mourinho and Conte's quite similar defensive style, I am sure Kane is keen to learn about the inverse setup. And there are shades of Poch in Postecoglou. A manager that Kane will likely respect.

All options are possible. These are adults and provided there is good faith between club, manager and player, they will work out the best option.
I'm just not seeing what's in it for Kane?

If he's decided he's staying no matter what then fair enough, otherwise why sign an extension now?

How does it benefit him?

A point which I think is missed alot of the time. At the end of the day multiple outcomes are possible and there are pros and cons for both parties. I know when someone nears the end of the contract its always the thing to say "the money" but I think its the move and the right move that would be the main driving factor with Kane, there is huge benefit in a deal for Kane to get the club he wants over the money on offer and do so in a timescale and situation that suits him, for example, In my opinion he won't go to a PSG just because its more money etc.

I think what you can't deny is Kanes love for the club and like you I think there is HUGE merit in coming to a mutual agreement with the club that suits all, we did it with Modric and for Kane I see the value for both, I also see the value of him going to a club like Bayern this year for both parties etc regardless of the pay day at the end etc.

I think there is alot of squaring of circles with what I read about it all

I'm just not seeing what's in it for Kane?

If he's decided he's staying no matter what then fair enough, otherwise why sign an extension now?

How does it benefit him?

It wasn’t apparent from the post you quoted?

1. More money and security. Say you got injured or lost form. He would have a long term contract in place reducing risk.

2. If he’s signed up with Postecoglou…delivering success to Spurs is proper Roy of the Rovers stuff. What dreams are made of.

3. He may want to work with and learn from Postecoglou.

4. To win with us, would mean double winning with City, it would be a far greater achievement.

Back