• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

It wasn’t apparent from the post you quoted?

1. More money and security. Say you got injured or lost form. He would have a long term contract in place reducing risk.

2. If he’s signed up with Postecoglou…delivering success to Spurs is proper Roy of the Rovers stuff. What dreams are made of.

3. He may want to work with and learn from Postecoglou.

4. To win with us, would mean double winning with City, it would be a far greater achievement.

Points 2 & 3 he can still do after this coming season if Postecoglou turns out to be an inspired hire. No need to lock himself in before he even knows if Postecoglou is up to snuff or not.

Point 4 relates to points 2 & 3. Again no need to sign an extension before he knows if the new coach is any good.

Point 1 is reasonable, but let's be real he's already rich and if his career were to finish today he's already set for life. If he waits just 1 year he's going to at least double whatever Spurs can offer him this summer. It's a risk you would say but a small one with a massive payoff.

I just can't see why he would re-sign unless he right now buys into being a one club man and Spurs is at his heart over ambition. Imo of course.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Points 2 & 3 he can still do after this coming season if Postecoglou turns out to be an inspired hire. No need to lock himself in before he even knows if Postecoglou is up to snuff or not.

Point 4 relates to points 2 & 3. Again no need to sign an extension before he knows if the new coach is any good.

Point 1 is reasonable, but let's be real he's already rich and if his career were to finish today he's already set for life. If he waits just 1 year he's going to at least double whatever Spurs can offer him this summer. It's a risk you would say but a small one with a massive payoff.

I just can't see why he would re-sign unless he right now buys into being a one club man and Spurs is at his heart over ambition. Imo of course.

It’s almost like you didn’t read my original post. Which was about what the club can do if Kane refuses to extend. The options you think will be available to Kane ina years time…may not be. It might be choice of show commitment now, or be unwanted. In or out. Postecoglou has previous selling star strikers. Forwards can be expendable workhorses in his system. More used to close down and create spaces for others in the side. Postecoglou will take a committed Richarlison over an uncommitted Kane.

Whilst the club is not fully in control, you pizz off the new manager at your peril. If you’re in - show me and extend with a fair break clause. If you’re out - later.

Last edited:

The one thing we do know about Kane is he loves the club and has stayed longer than he should have, thats clear, or is at least to me.

There is no way he does all that and spends whats been his whole career to build his own legacy at a club only to tear that down with a move that looks anything other than smooth

Naive maybe but thats IMO

One thing is for sure, we need to sort it out sooner rather than later, and if the decision is that Kane leaves this summer, try to get a replacement before it's known that he leaves. That's probably next to impossible, but I hope we have a list of potential targets ready, and have been silently working on potential deals.

And if the club said sign (with a break clause) or we will sell now, what would you do?

If I were Kane I simply would not a contract with anyone. I would simply keep my options open. If we had an amazing season I would definitely consider signing with us next season, else I would simply look at my long list of suitors and decide what I want to do.

Can any of you name a world class player that has never one a trophy, club or international? Kane is the only one I can come up with, and I believe that is the sole reason he will not sign a new contract with us this summer.

Since we last won a trophy I believe players that have left us have won a combined total of 44 trophies.

He is joining them
Our fans seem to think that Poch creates a cult and players follow him
Not heard anyone say Mbappe is joining him though and he is on a free next summer
PSG basically told Mbappe to sign/extend or go this summer. Seems like we've said Kane is not for sale and we are willing to let him go on a free next summer unless you pay £100m.

We're all just waiting for the 'striker transfer musical chairs' to start. The first major move has to come from Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. Barcelona invested in the future with the 18-year old Brazilian forward they just signed. PSG and us basically are waiting to see what happens with our strikers.

Speaking of Real, I'm really not sure if they're going for Mbappe since they're probably still quite tinkled off about what he did last time. Real bid stupid money for him (200m euros) and PSG declined. I don't know what Mbappe's price tag is but I imagine it could be in the same ballpark as Kane's, so for me, it's clear where the best value would be for the buying clubs. Whether Real are willing to forget the past, we shall see. Maybe they'll end up going for another young player like Sesko. Also, Real spent big money on Bellingham but I'm sure it's no problem for them to spend another 100m euros if it means getting Mbappe.
Bayern haven't spent any money yet in the window so we'll see if they cave in to Levy's demands.

As for people on this forum thinking that Kane is staying, I'm sorry to be so blunt but that is a naïve take and I hope you're not too disappointed if he does end up going.

PSG basically told Mbappe to sign/extend or go this summer. Seems like we've said Kane is not for sale and we are willing to let him go on a free next summer unless you pay £100m.

We're all just waiting for the 'striker transfer musical chairs' to start. The first major move has to come from Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. Barcelona invested in the future with the 18-year old Brazilian forward they just signed. PSG and us basically are waiting to see what happens with our strikers.

Speaking of Real, I'm really not sure if they're going for Mbappe since they're probably still quite tinkled off about what he did last time. Real bid stupid money for him (200m euros) and PSG declined. I don't know what Mbappe's price tag is but I imagine it could be in the same ballpark as Kane's, so for me, it's clear where the best value would be for the buying clubs. Whether Real are willing to forget the past, we shall see. Maybe they'll end up going for another young player like Sesko. Also, Real spent big money on Bellingham but I'm sure it's no problem for them to spend another 100m euros if it means getting Mbappe.
Bayern haven't spent any money yet in the window so we'll see if they cave in to Levy's demands.

As for people on this forum thinking that Kane is staying, I'm sorry to be so blunt but that is a naïve take and I hope you're not too disappointed if he does end up going.

Mbappe hasn't helped himself this week with his comments. Great player but must be a red flag. Perez and madrid won't bow to him. He's just another in a long line of galacticos.

Ange's first year - I don't think we are going to win anything. 6th would be good and maybe one semi final. Golden Boot ? Likely Haaland and a new record.

The longer Kane hesitates the less time he has to win something significant. But its up to him. If Spurs offers him a long-term deal with crazy wages I hope it's based on performance and appearance targets.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

It’s almost like you didn’t read my original post. Which was about what the club can do if Kane refuses to extend. The options you think will be available to Kane ina years time…may not be. It might be choice of show commitment now, or be unwanted. In or out. Postecoglou has previous selling star strikers. Forwards can be expendable workhorses in his system. More used to close down and create spaces for others in the side. Postecoglou will take a committed Richarlison over an uncommitted Kane.

Whilst the club is not fully in control, you pizz off the new manager at your peril. If you’re in - show me and extend with a fair break clause. If you’re out - later.
I read your original post and did address that. We can't force him to go anyway if he doesn't want to. Iif he has decided to see out this year then make a decision there is nothing we can do about it.
One thing is for sure, we need to sort it out sooner rather than later, and if the decision is that Kane leaves this summer, try to get a replacement before it's known that he leaves. That's probably next to impossible, but I hope we have a list of potential targets ready, and have been silently working on potential deals.
100% we will have been looking into alternative options. Would be completely negligent not to.

Not sure who does think he is staying
Big people thinking he wants to work with Poch again are equally as mad IMO

I’d love Bayern to grow a pair and act like a big club… offer the asking price and call everyone’s bluff. I don’t think they will. I know my German friend who are Bayern fans think Bayern is a mess. They didn’t win the league season, Dortmund lost it

if I was a betting man I’d say that Bayern get Muani for half the kane fee needed

psg panic and throw money at Alvarez or someone similar… maybe even Lukaku. PSG don’t have a plan. They don’t need one to win their league

Kane will be here in September and then the noise turns to his new contract or a free transfer

Last edited:
Best play for Kane is to see out the season with Spurs and then be able to dictate his next destination. I don't see him playing for another EPL team in the next 2 years. He is definitely not moving to Chelsea. PSG aside from money, that club is a mess. Too much player power and the circus that is Neymar / Mbappe. Even Messi is tired.

Back