• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Still not seen anything to suggest there's any truth in the Bayern rumours

Nor seen anything which suggests he might want to leave

Nor seen anything which suggests they might offer something sensible

Therefore I conclude that there's 99% chance he's still a Spurs player at the end of the window

I say keep for one more year whatever.

A strong argument can be made that he’s the only elite player in football right now.

Bale and Zlatan retired, Messi and Ronaldo regressed.

Lose Kane and Lloris at the same time. Son has arguably hit a wall (I hope not, but we'll see). Signing mid-table players and unknowns. An unknown manager who has never managed top level before. On a run of 4 crap seasons in a row. Things could go very wrong for us - we're teetering a bit. Keeping Kane is at least a guarantee we don't fall into the bottom half next year.

Since when is getting into the champions league considered a crap season?

Lose Kane and Lloris at the same time. Son has arguably hit a wall (I hope not, but we'll see). Signing mid-table players and unknowns. An unknown manager who has never managed top level before. On a run of 4 crap seasons in a row. Things could go very wrong for us - we're teetering a bit. Keeping Kane is at least a guarantee we don't fall into the bottom half next year.
Or clear the decs and buy better than we have been doing

Or clear the decs and buy better than we have been doing

The odds are against it. We've not really cleared out fading superstars since Terry Neill did it with Chivers, Peters, Gilzean, Knowles, Kinnear, England etc. And that ended up getting us relegated.

In fact we've not really been good enough to hold on to superstars till their 30s since then.

Thankfully we're "losing Lloris", he's past it. We haven't signed mid-table players, Madison is quality, and just because a player might be unknown to you doesn't mean they are bad players.

Thankfully we're "losing Lloris", he's past it. We haven't signed mid-table players, Madison is quality, and just because a player might be unknown to you doesn't mean they are bad players.
It probably means they are great as some of our fans seem to only know the brick

Just be wary of the parallels from 1974-6. Don McAllister, John Duncan, Gerry Armstrong, Peter Taylor, Jimmy Holmes etc. were also suppose to be the bright young things that would move us out of the shadows of Bill Nich's teams.

Just be wary of the parallels from 1974-6. Don McAllister, John Duncan, Gerry Armstrong, Peter Taylor, Jimmy Holmes etc. were also suppose to be the bright young things that would move us out of the shadows of Bill Nich's teams.
So you’d rather we keep a goalkeeper that’s past it and was terrible last season because of something that happened almost 50 years ago? A stretch even by your standards

So you’d rather we keep a goalkeeper that’s past it and was terrible last season because of something that happened almost 50 years ago? A stretch even by your standards

No - I'm saying keep Kane because he's a generational talent and we'll suffer a big drop-off when he goes. And doing that in a period of decline like we're in is particularly risky.

I say keep for one more year whatever.

A strong argument can be made that he’s the only elite player in football right now.

Bale and Zlatan retired, Messi and Ronaldo regressed.
Even though he went to the Saudis, Benzema is still fudging class. Mpappe too.

Back