• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

There is one reason....
40-50 goals and assists every season.
And if we had Conte here still I would be concerned, because everything went through him. But with Ange we will be attacking from all areas, and there will be far more contributions to goals and assists around the attacking areas than just Kane - if he stays Kane we will be less reliant on him, and probably not quite as high numbers (at least in assists).
Not playing down his contribution, but like under Poch when Kane was out for 2-3 months we didnt suffer because the team was the greater sum. Only have to look at the Goons, no out and out striker but goals from all attacking areas because they attack from all areas. Don't want kane to leave, but as great as he is he is not the be all and end all.....

Anyone think we'd be better selling Kane now for Ange's sake, so we can spend the money on say a Ferguson, and build from a lower bar, rather than experiencing a drop off in goals in his second season as manager?
The other side of that is without Harry there is a much higher chance of starting off badly and having a group of fans on his back immediately.

Reactions: DTA
Anyone think we'd be better selling Kane now for Ange's sake, so we can spend the money on say a Ferguson, and build from a lower bar, rather than experiencing a drop off in goals in his second season as manager?

Help the new guy by taking away a potential 30 goals for the season? More like tie a hand behind his back before he starts imo.
Take the loss I say and keep Kane for the last year, who knows he might sign-up for an extension if we happen to do well and perform with a marked difference and win something (anything pls Ghod)

Get rid of some of our deadwood and spend that money on the next new striker and let them benefit of working with Kane & Ange.

Help the new guy by taking away a potential 30 goals for the season? More like tie a hand behind his back before he starts imo.
Take the loss I say and keep Kane for the last year, who knows he might sign-up for an extension if we happen to do well and perform with a marked difference and win something (anything pls Ghod)

Get rid of some of our deadwood and spend that money on the next new striker and let them benefit of working with Kane & Ange.
Yeah, I like the idea of buying a Ferguson now, succession planning, and if Kane stays I'm sure there would be a way to play both. Or maybe we do that with Richarlison? Just mindful of what losing Bale did for AVB.

Yeah, I like the idea of buying a Ferguson now, succession planning, and if Kane stays I'm sure there would be a way to play both. Or maybe we do that with Richarlison? Just mindful of what losing Bale did for AVB.

Yea, can see that pov in all honesty. But I'd still rather keep him.
As for Richarlison, I hope he comes good cos I really do think we got our pants pulled down on that deal..

Better to have that to contend with in his 2nd season than to risk a poor first season, which could result in a sacking.

Better to have that to contend with in his 2nd season than to risk a poor first season, which could result in a sacking.

He can get the rest of the team set up, even if Kane isn't his ideal striker, he will still score goals.

Then if/when Kane goes the following season there at least the players behind the new striker should know what they are doing

Is that in Germany

Lol, For those that haven't seen it it's like a US youtube show where famous people go on and do a hot wing challenge where they eat spicy wings while getting interviewed. It's quite light hearted but I bet the Internet will be watching in the hope he let's on about the next season so they can pounce on any sound bite

Wtf are you on
We lose Kane
We have other players and we buy others
We will lose him at some point regardless

Lose Kane and Lloris at the same time. Son has arguably hit a wall (I hope not, but we'll see). Signing mid-table players and unknowns. An unknown manager who has never managed top level before. On a run of 4 crap seasons in a row. Things could go very wrong for us - we're teetering a bit. Keeping Kane is at least a guarantee we don't fall into the bottom half next year.

Back