• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Is C H E L S E A an anagram of A R S E N A L?

Didn’t think so…
Yeah managing Arsenal would be the equivalent of Barcelona but even then it's not the same. He played for them, he was club captain at Espanyol. He knows exactly what that rivalry means. He was just our coach and even then he understands that Arsenal is somewhere he wouldn't go.

Chelsea are a "rival" but let's be realistic here, we aren't exactly liked by many clubs. Are people really suggesting that he should forgo his career for a stint at a club that at the end of the day sacked him?

It's a nonsense position to take imo.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Do you remember Hoddle going there and laying their foundations? Do you remember Robbo and Hazard playing for them? Not just 10 or 12 games, dozens and dozens. He’s burnt YOUR bridge, not mine. His career doesn’t matter to me now, but his past with us most certainly does and it isn’t going to be forgotten by many, many people.

tbf chelsea were brick back then like another wimbledon, charlton, millwall level club.

tbf chelsea were brick back then like another wimbledon, charlton, millwall level club.
So it's ok to go to a "rival" if they are in a significantly worse position than we are? That just makes it sound like jealousy in that case.

So it's ok to go to a "rival" if they are in a significantly worse position than we are? That just makes it sound like jealousy in that case.

I dont think they were even a rival back then. Sure they hated us but it was like how Getafe feel about Real Madrid, whilst to Real Madrid they are meaningless and most fans dont even know who they are.

Tottenham & Chelsea was a firece rivalry when Hoddle went there and has been since the 70s

I never really felt it TBH, not disputing it just from personal feeling and experiences. For long periods I never even considered them much at all, almost had that Aston Villa vibe of insignificance to me just based in London. For me it certainly grew in more recent years, alot more bigotry being spouted, loads more anti semitic experiences away too.

I put them a close second to Arsenal now for that

I never really felt it TBH, not disputing it just from personal feeling and experiences. For long periods I never even considered them much at all, almost had that Aston Villa vibe of insignificance to me just based in London. For me it certainly grew in more recent years, alot more bigotry being spouted, loads more anti semitic experiences away too.

A Chelsea fan I used to work with, who really hates Spurs, would hark back to the mid-70s when we survived relegation, sending them down. That (for him) was one of the main reasons for the rivalry.

It's obviously not the main club historical rivalry but ever since I've been going (early/mid 90s) I've been aware of it as one and from the experience of going with my Dad and knowing his circle of friends over there it was certainly as much of one for them as the NLD.

My dislike for Chelsea started when Tommy Docherty was their manager. Think he was the first manager to misuse the newly approved substitute for injury change.

Back