• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Do these stupid duckfaces never learn anything from each other? If you tinkle off Daniel Levy by going behind his back the price quadruples, or a big fat "NOT FOR SALE"-stamp is stamped across the players forehead.

If anything, this story has only made me more certain that Harry will be a Spurs-player when this window slams shut.

Levy is a great businessman. Everyone, even his harshest critics, acknowledge that. Part of his brilliance is having the balls to use any leverage he has to the absolute maximum to get the best deal for Tottenham.

Kane has 1 year left on his deal. Levy will be very aware that that leaves him with very little leverage to call the shots on any proposed deal.

Levy is a great businessman. Everyone, even his harshest critics, acknowledge that. Part of his brilliance is having the balls to use any leverage he has to the absolute maximum to get the best deal for Tottenham.

Kane has 1 year left on his deal. Levy will be very aware that that leaves him with very little leverage to call the shots on any proposed deal.

Listening to the old wireless this morning and there was talk of us putting a bumper deal on the table and also talk of a quip per quo deal where we extend by a season giving him a buy out which would suit both parties and mean we get something out of the relationship at the end rather than not.

I don't think Kane is silly enough to have Thomas Tuchel to his house, I think very much like Spain the media are playing as a disrupter to the market and trying to make something happen because they wanna see good players in Germany, seeing as they seem to be losing them.

Managers don't casually stop by another teams players house, a big no no. There will be some sounding out between intermediaries but nothing as blatant as a manager visiting a player without the approval of the players club.
Levy made a complaint about Liverpool doing something similar, could've been for Keanes transfer, and they ended up having to give 5m to the Tottenham Foundation for Levy to drop it.
Ten years ago?

Listening to the old wireless this morning and there was talk of us putting a bumper deal on the table and also talk of a quip per quo deal where we extend by a season giving him a buy out which would suit both parties and mean we get something out of the relationship at the end rather than not.

I don't think Kane is silly enough to have Thomas Tuchel to his house, I think very much like Spain the media are playing as a disrupter to the market and trying to make something happen because they wanna see good players in Germany, seeing as they seem to be losing them.

Was that simon jordan? If so he was just talking about possibilities, he wasn't suggesting that he had any knowledge.

Was that simon jordan? If so he was just talking about possibilities, he wasn't suggesting that he had any knowledge.

Na was 5L before the cricket but I did see that convo too. Not saying it's a definite the year extention but was more of a good idea than what's on offer, should have been clearer

Yes? Unless I missed a change to the rules tapping up now is the same as ten years ago?

It's not the same. The rules may be the same, the business practices across football are not. Agents, club representatives etc get a solid steer on whether will join and what the economics are before agreeing deals with the selling club. Presumably as a response to social media putting things more out in the open and to stop gazumping.
I seems highly unlikely any club would seek to enforce the tapping up rule, because they all like to be able to act as they are - and it seems to work.

It's not the same. The rules may be the same, the business practices across football are not. Agents, club representatives etc get a solid steer on whether will join and what the economics are before agreeing deals with the selling club. Presumably as a response to social media putting things more out in the open and to stop gazumping.
I seems highly unlikely any club would seek to enforce the tapping up rule, because they all like to be able to act as they are - and it seems to work.
Nothing has changed in 10 years. As I said already, intermediaries find out whether a player is interested and what wages etc, phone calls, but not anything as blatant as strolling up and knocking on someone's front door.
If it suits Levy to use it to get something he wants he will use it.

Back