• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He's definitely leaving this summer. No way will he sign a new contract and we can't let him leave on a free.
He'll break Greaves record then what's left for him at Spurs?
Think he'll either go to United with the hope of breaking Shearers' record or go to Bayern and get some shiny bits.

Don't want him to stay - he's given us more than enough, go win some trophies H

The weird thing about him going to Manchester United is that in recent seasons they’ve not won anything. So it’s not like they’re a banker for trophies. So the move would be as much for financial reasons as for any hope for trophies.

Of course a player of Kane's calibre should have some silverware to show for it, but as long as it is in the best interest of the club, I want him to stay. No questions. Always club before player.

As daft as it sounds i question whether it is in the best interests of the ckub.
Harry kane is a F1 engine in a very decent mass produced sports car. Sounds like a great idea, practicality may be very different.
Him, and to a lesser degree hugo and son have been carrying us, nobody else is standing up and taking responsibility, they hide behind these three. Its broken two them and tbh i think its blunted a lot of what Harry could achieve.

As daft as it sounds i question whether it is in the best interests of the ckub.
Harry kane is a F1 engine in a very decent mass produced sports car. Sounds like a great idea, practicality may be very different.
Him, and to a lesser degree hugo and son have been carrying us, nobody else is standing up and taking responsibility, they hide behind these three. Its broken two them and tbh i think its blunted a lot of what Harry could achieve.
You're right, it does sound daft. You replace the other players not your world class/best players.

Of course a player of Kane's calibre should have some silverware to show for it, but as long as it is in the best interest of the club, I want him to stay. No questions. Always club before player.
It can't be the best interest of the club to let him leave on a free though. This summer he'll have 12 months left and there's no way he's signing a new contract so he has to be sold this summer.
If he was going to sign a new contract it would have been done by now. I expect he and Levy were hoping Conte would be the answer but we're going backwards. He's not at the age where he'd want to be part of another rebuild.

The weird thing about him going to Manchester United is that in recent seasons they’ve not won anything. So it’s not like they’re a banker for trophies. So the move would be as much for financial reasons as for any hope for trophies.
I think we would likely offer him a similar package to sign a new contract at Spurs to what Man Utd will offer him. Going to Man Utd would very much be in the hope of winning trophies. There is definitely more hope of doing that at Man Utd than there is at Spurs.

I think we would likely offer him a similar package to sign a new contract at Spurs to what Man Utd will offer him. Going to Man Utd would very much be in the hope of winning trophies. There is definitely more hope of doing that at Man Utd than there is at Spurs.

On what basis? When considering the last few years.

On what basis? When considering the last few years.

Like arsenal and Saudi Sportswashing Machine they are looking better than they are because city, Liverpool and Chelsea are all struggling.
City will recover, if not this season certainly next, debatable to how and when Liverpool and Chelsea will recover, so they will be challenging for the cups the same as the rest of us. Cups being cups its a bit of a lottery and their chances don't look much better than ours tbh. Of course having harry kane might change that.

A lot depend where United end up this season
1st or second I think
That will be appealing for him
He won’t join united unless it’s CL football and he won’t join them to win the league cup or Fa cup
It will be £100m for us and we have to move on
It’s like Sheringham except Kane is better than him and we are a better side than we were then

They’ve won many more trophies than us throughout their history and more recently. We seem to have an allergy to trophies at the moment. Not guaranteed he would win stuff with United but stands a far greater chance than he does with us.
Depends if he covets the big trophies or the cups
United right now are in a better place to compete for the league but they weren’t only 4 months ago

Back