• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

A lot depend where United end up this season
1st or second I think
That will be appealing for him
He won’t join united unless it’s CL football and he won’t join them to win the league cup or Fa cup
It will be £100m for us and we have to move on
It’s like Sheringham except Kane is better than him and we are a better side than we were then

£100m for someone in the last year of contract feels hopeful to me.

On what basis? When considering the last few years.
I'm considering the all time stats, the stats since the start of the PL and the stats of the last decade. That's also before I even think about the fact that they have a good progressive manager who is being backed with the signings that he is asking for.

I also went to Old Trafford this season and watched up get absolutely played off the park by Man Utd.

I think if you asked football fans in general whether Harry Kane was more likely to win a trophy by going to Man Utd or staying at Spurs a large majority would say Man Utd, it wouldn't surprise me to get that same answer even if asking Spurs fans only.

I'm considering the all time stats, the stats since the start of the PL and the stats of the last decade. That's also before I even think about the fact that they have a good progressive manager who is being backed with the signings that he is asking for.

I also went to Old Trafford this season and watched up get absolutely played off the park by Man Utd.

I think if you asked football fans in general whether Harry Kane was more likely to win a trophy by going to Man Utd or staying at Spurs a large majority would say Man Utd, it wouldn't surprise me to get that same answer even if asking Spurs fans only.
Whilst I agree
If you asked a fan at the start of the season it would have been us
Football can change so quickly

Whilst I agree
If you asked a fan at the start of the season it would have been us
Football can change so quickly

It does but looking now, including the basis of players they have and the managers vibe, they look like a potential threat next year. I think all roads lead to United for Kane IMO

It does but looking now, including the basis of players they have and the managers vibe, they look like a potential threat next year. I think all roads lead to United for Kane IMO
100%
As I say it cbs change quickly
United have been a car crash for some time
They now have a great coach and have signed a quality player in casimero and some others who are decent (and eriksen)

Depends if he covets the big trophies or the cups
United right now are in a better place to compete for the league but they weren’t only 4 months ago

I accept things can change quickly but we’ve been better than them for a large part of the last decade and we’ve still won nothing and they’ve nicked domestic and European trophies. Given their history, resources, stature and current position I’d back them all day long to win trophies over us. I could be wrong and we could win the FA cup and the CL but I’d still put money on them winning a trophy in any form before we do again.

I accept things can change quickly but we’ve been better than them for a large part of the last decade and we’ve still won nothing and they’ve nicked domestic and European trophies. Given their history, resources, stature and current position I’d back them all day long to win trophies over us. I could be wrong and we could win the FA cup and the CL but I’d still put money on them winning a trophy in any form before we do again.
European trophies…. Last ten years
Christ I had to think about that
As I say it will come down to the big trophies
They are a long way away from winning the CL and aren’t in it today
League wise though because this season has fudged the CL teams they have a fighting chance.
and they are a bigger club

Watching Bayern starting Chupo Moting, (who to be fair is an underrated player) I can't help feeling they need Kane and also would be proud / very happy to see him crushing it out there for them, especially rather than for Utd if not for us.

Different kind of player to Muller who also must be retiring soon as well, our Harry pulling the strings, banging in the goals and winning some trophies would be nice to see, I always want the best for players from our academy

Watching Bayern starting Chupo Moting, (who to be fair is an underrated player) I can't help feeling they need Kane and also would be proud / very happy to see him crushing it out there for them, especially rather than for Utd if not for us.

Different kind of player to Muller who also must be retiring soon as well, our Harry pulling the strings, banging in the goals and winning some trophies would be nice to see, I always want the best for players from our academy
If he went there it also wouldn’t leave any tarnish on his time here
But going to another English side could

European trophies…. Last ten years
Christ I had to think about that
As I say it will come down to the big trophies
They are a long way away from winning the CL and aren’t in it today
League wise though because this season has fudged the CL teams they have a fighting chance.
and they are a bigger club

Yeah but City don’t need him anymore, his options are somewhat limited. And United do have a better chance of winning trophies in general more than us, as much as that may hurt to admit.

Yeah but City don’t need him anymore, his options are somewhat limited. And United do have a better chance of winning trophies in general more than us, as much as that may hurt to admit.
It shouldn’t hurt
They spend more money than us and that’s a key thing
City though May well want him as he offers them something they don’t have

Has anyone ever brought up Shearer's all-time record in an interview with him? Do we know if he loves breaking records or if he couldn't give a f**k?

From a business perspective, yes.

5 managers in just over 3 years, and no trophy in 15, suggests not quite so well from a footballing perspective - which is perhaps quite important for a football club.

How about our progress in the league over those 15 years? Or doesn’t that count?

For better or worse, the top four trophy has replaced domestic cups in importance, and Levy has won quite a few of those. How do our previous owners compare with top four finishes?
It’s the minimum that matters
I’m convinced if you asked a world class player to reel off their achievements they would talk about leagues and champions leagues game long long before mentioning the Caribou cup and the Fa cup
Both cups have been diminished so much as soon as teams could play reserve players

Back