• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Lots of talk about today that if we receive a bid for Kane this summer then we won’t stand in his way.
Can't really, last year of his contract, would need to get something. He also deserves to be allowed leave at this stage.
Who's doing this "lots of talk"?

Until the talk comes from him, Conte or Levy I take it with a bowl of salt.

Deal with it when it happens, but he’s the best striker we’ve ever had, club legend whatever he does from here.

Well, as long as he doesn’t go to the fudging dippers of course.

What people talking of selling him, have to take in to account, is the fact that it’s unlikely we will get another striker coming through our academy as good as him for the next 100 years.

purchasing a striker as good is beyond our financial clout as strikers like Haland will go to richer clubs. In fact getting someone that is 70% as good as he is would be a major coup. So to get someone even 70% as good could take 20 years.

people talk of selling him for 75m… Richy cost us 60m can any of you confidently say he is 70% as good as Kane considering amongst many other things he hasn’t scored a single premiership goal?

I think he has another elite (which is what he is, be under no illusions) 3-6 years in him. I say we offer him 500k - 600k a week for a 3 year extension.

What people talking of selling him, have to take in to account, is the fact that it’s unlikely we will get another striker coming through our academy as good as him for the next 100 years.

purchasing a striker as good is beyond our financial clout as strikers like Haland will go to richer clubs. In fact getting someone that is 70% as good as he is would be a major coup. So to get someone even 70% as good could take 20 years.

people talk of selling him for 75m… Richy cost us 60m can any of you confidently say he is 70% as good as Kane considering amongst many other things he hasn’t scored a single premiership goal?

I think he has another elite (which is what he is, be under no illusions) 3-6 years in him. I say we offer him 500k - 600k a week for a 3 year extension.

If he refuses? He's out of contract next year. Do we keep and let go for free? Or sell and try and get a younger up and coming striker? I don't know tbh.

If he refuses? He's out of contract next year. Do we keep and let go for free? Or sell and try and get a younger up and coming striker? I don't know tbh.

that’s why I would be offering to make him the best payed player in the prem. make it an offer he couldn’t refuse.

that’s why I would be offering to make him the best payed player in the prem. make it an offer he couldn’t refuse.

He could refuse it though. If winning a trophy is more important. How much would utd offer him if he was on a free? Or Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

Yes i'm sure we'd offer him a bumper new contract.

Torn, Kane is elite without a doubt but if we stick with Conte then he is not a striker who works well in our system as it is right now. Need a large mobile striker who can make runs across the channels and get in behind and that isn’t Kane.

But he will always score due to his ability, and seeing that talent elsewhere would irritate me even if we may work better with a less talented one as a team

Its clear he is valuable but the talk is centered around (1) is staying around not winning anything what Kane wants; and (2) since Spurs transfer budget is uncompetitive could cashing out do more good than harm (think Bale).

Its clear he is valuable but the talk is centered around (1) is staying around not winning anything what Kane wants; and (2) since Spurs transfer budget is uncompetitive could cashing out do more good than harm (think Bale).

1) I’m sure it’s not what he wants - but then he has a responsibility as well, he was there in those finals, and it’s not like he played blinders while the rest of the team were playing with their dîcks like they just discovered them… truth is he was also playing with his díck.

but dïck play aside… give the man enough money and he will stay.

2) not sure we spent the Bale money particularly well to be honest. And the money we would get for Kane €100m??? Will not be comparable to the amount we got for Bale taking into account football price inflation… and dïck play.

1) I’m sure it’s not what he wants - but then he has a responsibility as well, he was there in those finals, and it’s not like he played blinders while the rest of the team were playing with their dîcks like they just discovered them… truth is he was also playing with his díck.

2) not sure we spent the Bale money particularly well to be honest. And the money we would get for Kane €100m??? Will not be comparable to the amount we got for Bale taking into account football price inflation… and dïck play.

Hopefully we would have learned from the bale purchases ... plus we are in a different position where we don't need to scattergun for players ...

£100m would get two very good players in today's market, lump in another £150m from sales and budget we could get our hands on 5 very good players.

We can’t win naff all with him so I don’t have any remaining issues with him leaving.

He is world class without question, and getting better - but it just doesn’t make enough difference!

Not possible, Haaland (with bonuses) is reputedly above £700K, Ronaldo was in/around/better. We simply can't pay that (£34M+/year?)

In principle I agree
- Offer him the most money we can afford, a chance to effectively retire with us
- However if he refuses, the club probably does have to sell, £80M-£100M (I think if it's United, we will rinse them) plus his wages of final year is a lot of money

The Kane issue will be understanding we need to replace him with two players
- We can play Richi up front supported by Son/Deki/Gil
- We will need a creator, someone that will do the passing, find our front line (an Eriksen/KDB type) to make it work

Torn, Kane is elite without a doubt but if we stick with Conte then he is not a striker who works well in our system as it is right now. Need a large mobile striker who can make runs across the channels and get in behind and that isn’t Kane.

But he will always score due to his ability, and seeing that talent elsewhere would irritate me even if we may work better with a less talented one as a team

Why can't an allegedly top quality manager adapt his style to accommodate an undoubtably world class talent?

Truely top quality managers make a success of the tools they have, surely.

Reactions: DTA
Why can't an allegedly top quality manager adapt his style to accommodate an undoubtably world class talent?

Truely top quality managers make a success of the tools they have, surely.
There is no issue with Kane playing in the system. He's banging in goals in the system and the second half of last season he was easily the best player in the league. His performances against City and the bindippers were two of the best performances by a centre forward that I can remember.

There is no issue with Kane playing in the system. He's banging in goals in the system and the second half of last season he was easily the best player in the league. His performances against City and the bindippers were two of the best performances by a centre forward that I can remember.

To play devil's advocate here and for the sake of argument...

Look at the first goal on Sunday. Partey takes the ball in acres of space as he was doing all day. We're outnumbered in midfield so PEH and Sarr aren't putting him under pressure and shouldn't. Should Kane not be dropping in there to put him under pressure? Instead, he's ambling a few yards behind Partey. Now maybe that's the instruction from Conte but Kane is nowhere near as mobile as he once was so could he do that role even if asked?

I'm a Harry lover by the way. He'll score goals in any team because he is that good. I'd hate to see him go but wouldn't blame him if he wanted to. The lad deserves trophies, not just individual records for a club that's run as a business first and competitive outfit second.

1)

Firstly, you are naive if you think simply paying him more money would make him stay, and secondly anything we offer him could be eclipsed by both Man Utd and Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Look at the first goal on Sunday. Partey takes the ball in acres of space as he was doing all day. We're outnumbered in midfield so PEH and Sarr aren't putting him under pressure and shouldn't. Should Kane not be dropping in there to put him under pressure? Instead, he's ambling a few yards behind Partey. Now maybe that's the instruction from Conte but Kane is nowhere near as mobile as he once was so could he do that role even if asked?

I'm a Harry lover by the way. He'll score goals in any team because he is that good. I'd hate to see him go but wouldn't blame him if he wanted to. The lad deserves trophies, not just individual records for a club that's run as a business first and competitive outfit second.
For me he should be dropping in (said it in another thread that this could be done instead of needing a 3 man midfield that some are insisting on), there are plenty of times he does. He doesn't need to be particularly mobile to do that either, it's just to stop Partey having easy balls forward so getting in front of him is the main thing. Don't know what the instructions from Conte were.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't go this summer. Realistically it will be his last chance. The only question is where to.
I wouldn't begrudge him a move and wherever he ends up, if it isn't us winning a trophy I hope he does (assuming it's not the bindippers, Arse or Chelsea).

not easy to get equivalent quality but imagine if we can top it up with players sales and buy two gbp 40m high potential young players in a single window, it might bump up the quality we have in the squad in 1-2 years and get to watch more positive and faster football.

The extra man/men we have is in defense and so in my mind it is one of them who should pushing up in to midfield to help out where outnumbered. I think Conte likes his CFs to be CFs and Kane already drops in more than i think forwards in his previous teams were known for doing.

The extra man/men we have is in defense and so in my mind it is one of them who should pushing up in to midfield to help out where outnumbered. I think Conte likes his CFs to be CFs and Kane already drops in more than i think forwards in his previous teams were known for doing.
And leave a huge gap in the defence when they have the ball? It's not the way 3 at the back works

Back