• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

If we are gunning top 4 its not enough to keep a player because he scores. He needs to be contributing when he is not scoring.

Even if its kane. I'd take the risk that another striker could score as many as we do get many crosses into the box. Just that its Kane scoring doesn't mean no other can.

I would cash in now BEFORE he stops scoring as I am convinced his performance decline is permanent from accumulated ankle injuries.

With 18 months left on his contract I think his contract will be up before he stops scoring unless he signs an extension. May be the right reason to cash in both for decline and contract reasons, but his fee won't be what it once would have been come the summer.

He does a lot even when not scoring. He doesn't run or press as much as he once did, but other than that he contributes a lot to our overall game as long as he gets the ball in even half decent situations. Imo he's still our best and most important player.

May still be the right move to sell him. But not for the reason of not contributing other than scoring.

Son is much more guilty of not contributing to overall play.

True, but MY view is that if we sold Kane and used the funds to invest the monies i think we can still make do with son and richy up front and investments in key areas.

I think Toney and Mitrovic would score loads in a spurs team. Right now, with the talent we have supporting the attack, Kane is ahead with 13 goals in the EPL, Toney has 11 and Mitrovic has 10. Not much difference in terms of goals.
So you want us to sell Kane for a player that's likely to face a lengthy ban or one that has never scored more than 11 goals in a premier league season and make do with them and Son who there is currently major question marks around?
On top of that Kane provides much more creatively wise than any of those. There has been no major performance decline. He's not as mobile as he used to be but he has adopted his game and improved other areas to make up for that.

The problems that we have now are around the defence not the attack.

So you want us to sell Kane for a player that's likely to face a lengthy ban or one that has never scored more than 11 goals in a premier league season and make do with them and Son who there is currently major question marks around?
On top of that Kane provides much more creatively wise than any of those. There has been no major performance decline. He's not as mobile as he used to be but he has adopted his game and improved other areas to make up for that.

The problems that we have now are around the defence not the attack.

No they are examples of players who can play in conte's system - do you think kane is irreplaceable? do you want to keep him until his sell on value is zero or have you thought when it would best to sell him ?

With 18 months left on his contract I think his contract will be up before he stops scoring unless he signs an extension. May be the right reason to cash in both for decline and contract reasons, but his fee won't be what it once would have been come the summer.

He does a lot even when not scoring. He doesn't run or press as much as he once did, but other than that he contributes a lot to our overall game as long as he gets the ball in even half decent situations. Imo he's still our best and most important player.

May still be the right move to sell him. But not for the reason of not contributing other than scoring.

Son is much more guilty of not contributing to overall play.

agree that Son too needs to shoulder some blame. but lets not forget conte - he's not got the team supporting the attack and the coordination between his choice of front three is still sub optimal this season.

i highlight kane because i think his performance decline will be sharper due to injuries and that his value will drop faster than his goal tally, as today's game favours pace and power more than guile and control.

also to be fair to son, we have to wait til that mask come off, i don't think anyone can play well that on.

No they are examples of players who can play in conte's system - do you think kane is irreplaceable? do you want to keep him until his sell on value is zero or have you thought when it would best to sell him ?

i highlight kane because i think his performance decline will be sharper due to injuries and that his value will drop faster than his goal tally, as today's game favours pace and power more than guile and control.

also to be fair to son, we have to wait til that mask come off, i don't think anyone can play well that on.

Mitrovic has done nothing in his career outside a small purple patch this season that shows he is near the quality we need. Toney is a good player but nowhere near the level of Kane.
Strikers of Kanes quality are out of our price range. The only way we could get someone as good is if we develop another one or buy one before they get to that level. Kane's already past the point where selling him will bring in top money.
Kane has adapted his game and will continue to perform as a number 10, ala Sheringham, when he's no longer banging in goals.

You focus on Kane when Son is the main issue with the attack this season and is the one with the rapid performance decline. The mask has nothing to do with his performances, he's been shocking all season, way before his injury. And if you don't think a player can play well with a mask go take a look at Kane's performances when he had one, especially his game against Arsenal.

And todays game favours pace and power? Before the signing of Haaland where was the pace and power in City's attack or in Peps Barca team?

Either way you continually look at the wrong end of the pitch. Our main problems are due to the defence and not the attack. I'd much rather we focus on improving the areas that we have probs in than make changes that are not needed and may lead to further issues.

To be honest if he keeps on doing what he’s doing now I’d keep him without a doubt. Forget any sell on value. He’s still one of the very,very best and we’d be mad to let him go.

Mitrovic has done nothing in his career outside a small purple patch this season that shows he is near the quality we need. Toney is a good player but nowhere near the level of Kane.
Strikers of Kanes quality are out of our price range. The only way we could get someone as good is if we develop another one or buy one before they get to that level. Kane's already past the point where selling him will bring in top money.
Kane has adapted his game and will continue to perform as a number 10, ala Sheringham, when he's no longer banging in goals.

You focus on Kane when Son is the main issue with the attack this season and is the one with the rapid performance decline. The mask has nothing to do with his performances, he's been shocking all season, way before his injury. And if you don't think a player can play well with a mask go take a look at Kane's performances when he had one, especially his game against Arsenal.

And todays game favours pace and power? Before the signing of Haaland where was the pace and power in City's attack or in Peps Barca team?

Either way you continually look at the wrong end of the pitch. Our main problems are due to the defence and not the attack. I'd much rather we focus on improving the areas that we have probs in than make changes that are not needed and may lead to further issues.

Hard not to agree here, we do however need to start thinking about a succession plan eventually as one of the strengths yet issues with Kane being so good is no one else stands a chance in the squad, but you take that for what Kane has done season in season out.

You are spot on about the issues being elsewhere and its glaring based on the system we play, I have said it for yonks that with Kane and TBF with Son that we put too much pressure on them to perform without a support act. Our FBs let us down here and I am certain with space provided by better, better support and better service that our front three hit even better heights.

But with all due respect thats not going to happen with Emerson and Sess as your support act.

Its also easy to blame the attack for missing chances but ignore the fact we are having to often score 2/3 to get anything from games anymore because of silly mistakes at the back

We are not a club who can buy the ready product despite the increased stadium revenues. We still have to buy potential.

Yes we can keep Kane and the guarantee of his eventual performance decline but at a an opportunity cost. Watch past Kane videos and you might see that he has lost his agility some time back but is now losing his shooting powers recently too. Its his injuries that put him on an accelerated timeline compared to Son.

At the same time I have been vocal about upgrading Dier so I'm with you on the teams needs from both ends.

Put it another way who can we sell to raise funds so that we can get the right players for Conte. We know that's he's a winner and things will get more complicated for us if Conte leaves.

We are not a club who can buy the ready product despite the increased stadium revenues. We still have to buy potential.

Yes we can keep Kane and the guarantee of his eventual performance decline but at a an opportunity cost. Watch past Kane videos and you might see that he has lost his agility some time back but is now losing his shooting powers recently too. Its his injuries that put him on an accelerated timeline compared to Son.

At the same time I have been vocal about upgrading Dier so I'm with you on the teams needs from both ends.

Put it another way who can we sell to raise funds so that we can get the right players for Conte. We know that's he's a winner and things will get more complicated for us if Conte leaves.

Kane has been much better than Son the first half of this season. Last season Son was excellent, but so was Kane.

Son is a player that relies on pace, Kane isn't. I'm not so sure the accelerated timeline is as you say. I'm hoping and quite optimistic that we'll see Son back at his best soon mind you.

For Son we also have more or less a ready made replacement in Richarlison. For Kane, very much not.

As for players to sell... Sanchez, Tanganga, Emerson, Lucas and some of the players out on loan. Gil if Conte doesn't fancy him. I'd rather sell Son than Kane, but wouldn't sell either at this point.

No massive fees there, but given what City reportedly offered 18 months ago, and him having a year left on his contract this summer. I'm not sure we'd get a massive fee for Kane either at this stage.

As I have already said, Kane has lost some of his mobility but he has improved other areas of his game so it balances out.
Kane is on an accelerated timeline compared to Son?? Son has been terrible this season and Kane has been our best player but it's Kane that is declining? Do you watch games or do you just make it up to suit your weird views?

Who can we sell to raise funds? I'm going to suggest something really radical, so bear with me and have a good think about my suggestion...
Sell the players that are not good enough or that the manager doesn't want and keep those that are good enough and the manager wants.
So sell the likes of Lo Celso, N'dombele, Winks etc and keep our best players, you know, the likes of Kane...
I know this is a revolutionary concept and it may be hard to grasp that the best way to improve a team is not to sell the best players and replace them with inferior players but in fact to replace the poorer players with better players.

Sell the unwanted players, add the money that Uncle Joe has invested plus what we have generated and we have a tidy little sum to improve the team.

Kane has been much better than Son the first half of this season. Last season Son was excellent, but so was Kane.
Are you forgetting how poor Kane was for most of the first half of last season? He scored only once in his first twelve PL games and didn't really get going until December.

So hopefully Son will now turn it on for the rest of this season and we'll all forget what a stinker he's had so far. :D

As I have already said, Kane has lost some of his mobility but he has improved other areas of his game so it balances out.
Kane is on an accelerated timeline compared to Son?? Son has been terrible this season and Kane has been our best player but it's Kane that is declining? Do you watch games or do you just make it up to suit your weird views?

Who can we sell to raise funds? I'm going to suggest something really radical, so bear with me and have a good think about my suggestion...
Sell the players that are not good enough or that the manager doesn't want and keep those that are good enough and the manager wants.
So sell the likes of Lo Celso, N'dombele, Winks etc and keep our best players, you know, the likes of Kane...
I know this is a revolutionary concept and it may be hard to grasp that the best way to improve a team is not to sell the best players and replace them with inferior players but in fact to replace the poorer players with better players.

Sell the unwanted players, add the money that Uncle Joe has invested plus what we have generated and we have a tidy little sum to improve the team.

haha... i hope you're right...that just be selling the unwanted players off we have enough to compete with the big 6. not to mention the big 4.
sure others are paying over the top to get their players, not sure if you've seen we've tried to go cheap but conte don't want to play them.

haha... i hope you're right...that just be selling the unwanted players off we have enough to compete with the big 6. not to mention the big 4.
sure others are paying over the top to get their players, not sure if you've seen we've tried to go cheap but conte don't want to play them.
Not sure if you've seen that we're the 4 biggest net spenders since Conte arrived. Of the signings since Conte arriving, he plays Bentancur, Kulu, Romero, Richarlison, Perisic, Lenglet and Bissouma is starting to get game time. The rest are ones for the future or a reserve keeper. The only one that you could make a case for him not wanting to play is Spence and he's also young.

_128110334_2.70353906.jpg

Not sure if you've seen that we're the 4 biggest net spenders since Conte arrived. Of the signings since Conte arriving, he plays Bentancur, Kulu, Romero, Richarlison, Perisic, Lenglet and Bissouma is starting to get game time. The rest are ones for the future or a reserve keeper. The only one that you could make a case for him not wanting to play is Spence and he's also young.
its a one off cash injection that hides the years of non investment in the squad. sure there were mistakes with some players, however i was expecting more investments from the stadium and other non football events. i'm sure ENIC directors are busy with more roles and higher pay. Would be great to see our annual transfer budget going up too.

its a one off cash injection that hides the years of non investment in the squad. sure there were mistakes with some players, however i was expecting more investments from the stadium and other non football events. i'm sure ENIC directors are busy with more roles and higher pay. Would be great to see our annual transfer budget going up too.

we will see now the amount of Profit the stadium makes as the figures have to be released soon
Directors wages will be a tiny, tiny part of it all
Dont forget that once the stadium was fully operational we had COVID lockdowns kick in

You have to take into account ( nobody is) that the club are getting literally nothing in for their unwanted players.
We can't even get a fee for our £40-60m players , who have been demoted into the "deadwood" group.
Therefore , we have a bigger net spend than what it should be as our rivals are able to get more for their player sales.
This is scandalous recruitment and this is what Conte/ Paratici have walked right into.

You have to take into account ( nobody is) that the club are getting literally nothing in for their unwanted players.
We can't even get a fee for our £40-60m players , who have been demoted into the "deadwood" group.
Therefore , we have a bigger net spend than what it should be as our rivals are able to get more for their player sales.
This is scandalous recruitment and this is what Conte/ Paratici have walked right into.

Most clubs can't offload their deadwood. Because european teams are fudged financially. The prem is the only league spending and they have the choice of cheaper players from europe or those out of contract (cause european clubs can't afford to offer new ones). City can because their players might be deadwood but they're still better than most other teams.

28152.jpeg

Last edited:
Back