• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

In a way that's also Conte's side, though with a slightly different setup.

Son as the great finisher, running in behind attacking player. Kulusevski as the playmaker that can stay on the wing. Just that instead of another attacker in there like under Pochettino a lot of the other responsibility falls on the wing backs. With good enough wing backs that's a great setup imo.

Work rate and ball winning made up for by two extremely hard working central midfielders and playing a mixed block style skewed towards the lower block end.

True but, unlike Pochettino, he's yet to find the right balance, if only because one of his wing-backs couldn't hold a candle to the one Pochettino had back then. I'm one of the few people who didn't want him back at the club when PSG sacked him but that doesn't take anything away from what he's achieved here. He came very close to achieving the impossible not once, but twice. When you consider the resources he had and the number of variables a manager has to deal with, you have to give him credit for turning us into the most entertaining team in the country. Maybe it was dumb luck, maybe it was intuition but nobody since has been coming as close to get everything perfectly right, the way he has.

Southgate and Conte both play Kane up front in a three.
This is a negative take; is everything all right at home?

Yes all is good at home, thanks. Markets are opening up and business is booming. Boys are growing up well and one is an ardent spurs fan and is trying to takeover every piece of spurs merchandise and books that i have.

Doesn't look so at the football club i support where we look like we are going backwards compared to last season, while our favourite neighbours are looking so much better. Hard to explain to my son too why we don't seem to be kicking on from last season.

Back on topic , Kane gets further up front when he plays for us.
South gate has him like a creative AM or holding striker more than anything else.

Quite honestly i think Conte sees it but his hands are tied. I am guessing that Kane wants to score goals more than provide for them. Especially since Son won it last season, I think Kane feels that he should be getting it next. Something is not clicking between the two of them this season.

Last edited:
Yes all is good at home, thanks. Markets are opening up and business is booming. Boys are growing up well and one is an ardent spurs fan and is trying to takeover every piece of spurs merchandise and books that i have.

Doesn't look so at the football club i support where we look like we are going backwards compared to last season, while our favourite neighbours are looking so much better. Hard to explain to my son too why we don't seem to be kicking on from last season.

Back on topic , Kane gets further up front when he plays for us.
South gate has him like a creative AM or holding striker more than anything else.

Quite honestly i think Conte sees it but his hands are tied. I am guessing that Kane wants to score goals more than provide for them. Especially since Son won it last season, I think Kane feels that he should be getting it next. Something is not clicking between the two of them this season.

Conte said last season he wants kane further up the pitch. So far he's scoring at a higher rate than in any point in his career (in the league at least). Sons form and kulus injury seem to be bigger problems than kane.

Kane has scored 6 headers in the league this season already. That matches his season record from 17/18 when he scored 30 league goals in total.13

I think Perisic has a lot to do with this.
If he continues at this rate he will score 30 goals this season as well.

Because of Haaland's outrageous form no one is talking about Kane's impressive return of 13 goals in 16 league matches in the press

I really like Lenglets contributions bringing the ball up the pitch on the left hand side. He provided a fantastic cross for Kanes goal, and it was Lenglets cross for Kanes header that hit the bar - another really good cross…..

Yeah it's strange how before the world cup Conte started to play Lenglet central and Dier to the side, However today he went back to the way we used to play. I think Lenglet has been a decent signing so far, I hope if we do manage to bring in a new defender or two then he still hangs around and gets some game time.

Yeah it's strange how before the world cup Conte started to play Lenglet central and Dier to the side, However today he went back to the way we used to play. I think Lenglet has been a decent signing so far, I hope if we do manage to bring in a new defender or two then he still hangs around and gets some game time.

Don't think davies is fully fit yet.

Thought he was poor myself aside from the goal. His distribution was as bad as Sonny.

Still scored though. He’s massively under appreciated because he has been so good for so long.

If we are gunning top 4 its not enough to keep a player because he scores. He needs to be contributing when he is not scoring.

Even if its kane. I'd take the risk that another striker could score as many as we do get many crosses into the box. Just that its Kane scoring doesn't mean no other can.

I would cash in now BEFORE he stops scoring as I am convinced his performance decline is permanent from accumulated ankle injuries.

If we are gunning top 4 its not enough to keep a player because he scores. He needs to be contributing when he is not scoring.

Even if its kane. I'd take the risk that another striker could score as many as we do get many crosses into the box. Just that its Kane scoring doesn't mean no other can.

I would cash in now BEFORE he stops scoring as I am convinced his performance decline is permanent from accumulated ankle injuries.
13 goals in 16 games, name another player outside Kane, Haaland and Salah that can do that on a regular basis.
And if you can, how much would they cost?

Outside that Kane is still our most creative player. Kulu is the only one that comes close.

13 goals in 16 games, name another player outside Kane, Haaland and Salah that can do that on a regular basis.
And if you can, how much would they cost?

Outside that Kane is still our most creative player. Kulu is the only one that comes close.

True, but MY view is that if we sold Kane and used the funds to invest the monies i think we can still make do with son and richy up front and investments in key areas.

I think Toney and Mitrovic would score loads in a spurs team. Right now, with the talent we have supporting the attack, Kane is ahead with 13 goals in the EPL, Toney has 11 and Mitrovic has 10. Not much difference in terms of goals.

Back