• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I don’t disagree. He was very clever on the ball. Particularly at the end when he bought us some time. But he looks physically shot.

mentally too, he never used to get caught in possession, the pass or shot would be away before anyone realised he had it

we should pull him out of the world cup, he needs a break

This man is a machine.

23/09 - Italy v England (90 mins)
26/09 - England v Germany (90 mins)
01/10 - Woolwich v Spurs (90 mins)
04/10 - Frankfurt v Spurs (90 mins)
08/10 - Brighton v Spurs (90 mins)
12/10 - Spurs v Frankfurt (90 mins)
15/10 - Spurs v Everton (90 mins)
19/10 - Man Utd v Spurs (90 mins)
23/10 - Spurs v Saudi Sportswashing Machine (90 mins)
26/10 - Spurs v Sporting (90 mins)
29/10 - Bournemouth v Spurs (90 mins)
01/11 - Marseille v Spurs (90 mins)
06/11 - Spurs v Liverpool (90 mins likely)

Assuming he sits out the Forest cup tie he will finally get a rest in excess of 4 days before the Leeds game. Then there is 8 clear days before England play the Iranian Regime. He may then get a rest of a couple of weeks before our Boxing Day game assuming England go out of the corrupt world cup in the QF’s.

I think he was way too passive after he put Højbjerg through on goal. He just strolled along. I would have liked to see him follow up and help Højbjerg.
On the other hand, not joining in, led Højbjerg to only having the option of going for goal himself, and he mastered that exceptionally well. Might have fluffed the pass if there was an option to pass it to Kane.

I think he was way too passive after he put Højbjerg through on goal. He just strolled along. I would have liked to see him follow up and help Højbjerg.
On the other hand, not joining in, led Højbjerg to only having the option of going for goal himself, and he mastered that exceptionally well. Might have fluffed the pass if there was an option to pass it to Kane.

He did that a couple of times towards the end. He's either the laziest footballer alive or he is absolutely bolloxed. Given the amount of games he's played, I can only imagine he's shattered.

We already had something to hold onto. If we didn't score, we'd still likely have gone through. So you could argue that he didn't need to bust his gut at that point.
If we were in Marseille's position i'd understand the feeling (given they had nothing to lose apart from a Europa spot) but we weren't so i think we can cut Kane (a BIG CHUNK of) slack for that moment and just be happy we had just about the best passer in the team in that position to spot that Hojbjerg was free...

the reason we signed Richarlison was so that we could give Kane a rest. Then Richi got injured along with Moura and Kulu, Son is painfully out of form, and suddenly we're literally dependent on him to play every minute as the sole source of goals. I suspect he will have a pretty average world cup, and like a few above I don't expect England to do all that well - so hopefully if that is the case he can have a rest while the tournament reaches the latter stages.

For those saying he was caught in possession last night - he was literally the only forward for most of the game - Moura was played as a right midfielder, and Son went off - so he had to run up a lot of blind allies. This version of Kane that holds the ball and gets fouls (thank you José for that one!) can only do that for so long if isolated all game.

I don’t disagree. He was very clever on the ball. Particularly at the end when he bought us some time. But he looks physically shot.

mentally too, he never used to get caught in possession, the pass or shot would be away before anyone realised he had it

we should pull him out of the world cup, he needs a break

Southgate must be very worried; the bloke is obviously burnt out.

He looks knackerd and i think a lot of is down to the number of ankle injurys and loss of pace and movement. He has had to change his game over the last couple of years to combat those things. I doubt he will return to the old Kane style and because of that has had to change his game.

Southgate must be very worried; the bloke is obviously burnt out.

Karma for all those times he made Kane play the full 90 minutes in meaningless friendlies.

My only worry is he'll injure himself during the WC from playing too many games in such a short period of time. Which of course is on FIFA, FA and the PL for clogging the calendar with no regard to players' well being.

I think we are seeing Harry manage himself during this endless slog of hell. He cannot chase everything every minute all the time. He has to play 45-50 minute matches right now. I thought he was brilliant in the last 20 minutes last night, and BTW, he took a battering again which the refs ignored.

This man is a machine.

23/09 - Italy v England (90 mins)
26/09 - England v Germany (90 mins)
01/10 - Woolwich v Spurs (90 mins)
04/10 - Frankfurt v Spurs (90 mins)
08/10 - Brighton v Spurs (90 mins)
12/10 - Spurs v Frankfurt (90 mins)
15/10 - Spurs v Everton (90 mins)
19/10 - Man Utd v Spurs (90 mins)
23/10 - Spurs v Saudi Sportswashing Outfit (90 mins)
26/10 - Spurs v Sporting (90 mins)
29/10 - Bournemouth v Spurs (90 mins)
01/11 - Marseille v Spurs (90 mins)
06/11 - Spurs v Liverpool (90 mins likely)

Assuming he sits out the Forest cup tie he will finally get a rest in excess of 4 days before the Leeds game. Then there is 8 clear days before England play the Iranian Regime. He may then get a rest of a couple of weeks before our Boxing Day game assuming England go out of the corrupt world cup in the QF’s.

Beat me to it. Absolutely spot on.

A machine? the bloke is a Terminator.

I cant think of many other players who have got this many minutes in the tank so far this season. I think he will get a rest at Forest, but no doubt his team-mates wont afford him a complete rest and we will have to bring him on in the 2nd half to try and see it through

Last edited:
Is this ironic?

How sure is everyone that Kane misses the Forest Cup game? With Conte there's probably still a chance he starts lol

How sure is everyone that Kane misses the Forest Cup game? With Conte there's probably still a chance he starts lol

I'm as pro-Conte as you can get but if he plays Harry at Forest, I'll head to the City Ground and tear that wig off his head. No chance Harry plays there surely.

On @thfcsteff 's point about Kane getting kicked around the place last night, WTF happened to his elbows. They were proper bloodied at one stage. In the words of the commentator "he looked like he'd fallen off his bike".

Back