• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Well, Kane has scored 10 of our 23 goals this season, and I think without those goals our points return would probably be less than 1.5
Not really
We could have another forward there in theory as we would still start with 11 players
The issue so we do have cover for Kane, we have NO cover for Kulu

Not really
We could have another forward there in theory as we would still start with 11 players
The issue so we do have cover for Kane, we have NO cover for Kulu
Both Richarlison and Moura cover Kulu. Or are you arguing that they are different types of player to Kulu?
If the latter than the same applies for Kane.... There is nobody else in our squad who can do what he does.

Not sure that logic works.... If Kulu played but Kane was missing we'd probably see the same thing.
Don’t agree
Kane has scored the easiest goals he could score for us this season. He has been in the right place for those flicked on corners (set plays) which is half his goals and the penalties too
That’s not to say Kane hasn’t been decent this season but we haven’t seen magic Kane yet and his goals he has scored this season could be scored by others
Magic kane scores goals others can’t

Don’t agree
Kane has scored the easiest goals he could score for us this season. He has been in the right place for those flicked on corners (set plays) which is half his goals and the penalties too
That’s not to say Kane hasn’t been decent this season but we haven’t seen magic Kane yet and his goals he has scored this season could be scored by others
Magic kane scores goals others can’t
Ah the old 'they were easy goals' argument.... By that logic every striker there has ever been should've scored as many goals as Gary Lineker

(and your argument also ignores the fact that pretty much every attack we launch comes from a ball into Kane and him feeding somebody else).

Both Richarlison and Moura cover Kulu. Or are you arguing that they are different types of player to Kulu?
If the latter than the same applies for Kane.... There is nobody else in our squad who can do what he does.
They are massively massively inferior to kulu and play such a different way
If we’re talking Kanes passing, I’d agree but we haven’t seen that much to it
His finishing has been standard by his normal standards if that makes sense… kind of goals moura or Richy could score

But Richarlison does not cover Kulu and that is the problem, if anything he covers Son or Kane, although I question whether he would have scored as many goals as Kane.

They are massively massively inferior to kulu and play such a different way
If we’re talking Kanes passing, I’d agree but we haven’t seen that much to it
His finishing has been standard by his normal standards if that makes sense… kind of goals moura or Richy could score
As is every option we have to play instead of Kane.

Ah the old 'they were easy goals' argument.... By that logic every striker there has ever been should've scored as many goals as Gary Lineker

(and your argument also ignores the fact that pretty much every attack we launch comes from a ball into Kane and him feeding somebody else).
They are not easy goals
But they are the kind of goals that I’ve seen Richarlisons score plenty of
Don’t think I’m under playing Kanes status and level but we have some cover for him. We have no cover for kulu

They are not easy goals
But they are the kind of goals that I’ve seen Richarlisons score plenty of
Don’t think I’m under playing Kanes status and level but we have some cover for him. We have no cover for kulu
We have Richarlison and Moura who cover Kulu. The drop offs from Kulu to those players is no larger than the drop off from Kane to whoever comes in to replace him.

But Richarlison does not cover Kulu and that is the problem, if anything he covers Son or Kane, although I question whether he would have scored as many goals as Kane.
Richy is better in the air than Kane and half Kanes goals have been headers I believe
Kane has also been taking, and scoring generally the penalties which again can be taken by others

We have Richarlison and Moura who cover Kulu. The drop offs from Kulu to those players is no larger than the drop off from Kane to whoever comes in to replace him.
Oh it is
You talking about peak Kane which we haven’t seen this year. We have seen a real mix from him and I don’t think we see the best Kane without someone on the right of him who can receive and move the ball
But the drop form Kulu to 2 players who can’t even control a first time pass is quite scary
you play son, Richy and kulu and our goal drop off is probably not that high, because you have 3 players who can play those roles
You play son, Kane, Richy and is notable (the results show it) you have shoe horned in a player in the right where he just isn’t very good

Richy is better in the air than Kane and half Kanes goals have been headers I believe
Kane has also been taking, and scoring generally the penalties which again can be taken by others
Being good in the air and being in the right place to score a header are two different things.
Richarlison (and Son) are also poor at dropping off, getting on the ball and hitting good, well timed and weighted passes (which is pretty much our entire attacking philosophy at the moment)

Being good in the air and being in the right place to score a header are two different things.
Richarlison (and Son) are also poor at dropping off, getting on the ball and hitting good, well timed and weighted passes (which is pretty much our entire attacking philosophy at the moment)
It is, because we don’t have Kulu who does that role. It’s why with Kane and kulu we can be devastating.
But I believe we have cover for Kane as a forward. We don’t for Kulu… the drop off is about 40% capability wise. It outs even more focus on Kane to do what your describe and then he ain’t in the number 9 position which is where we need him too (he can’t be everywhere)

It's not just the quality, they are both right footed and not players who see the quick or final pass.

I think walking Bale had more in common with Kulu, there's a difference in how defenders treat a player who can cut in and score off their left, just holding them up isn't always enough, whereas Moura and Richie I'd say are easier to defend against on the deck as you'd be prepped for them trying to go outside.

Even Son, who has a pretty decent left foot doesn't offer the same threat from that side of the pitch.

It's not just the quality, they are both right footed and not players who see the quick or final pass.

I think walking Bale had more in common with Kulu, there's a difference in how defenders treat a player who can cut in and score off their left, just holding them up isn't always enough, whereas Moura and Richie I'd say are easier to defend against on the deck as you'd be prepped for them trying to go outside.

Even Son, who has a pretty decent left foot doesn't offer the same threat from that side of the pitch.
Moura and richy have awful first touches too

We miss kulu not just because of what he can do but because of what his threat allows kane and to a lesser extent son do.
Not mention that his football intelligence is up there with harrys, they are a great match.
We should be doing everything we can to get them both on the pitch.
Kane is not as effective without kulu in the same way that kulu would not be as effective without kane and ultimately spurs are not as effective when either doesn't play.

Worrying for me watching him tonight. He’s obviously running on fumes. Don’t think he sprinted once tonight. There were two times and 1-1 in the last 5 mins where we were breaking and he didn’t get up behind the ball to support the lad in possession. They were real opportunities for him to grab a goal too.

Im convinced he’s being told not to kill himself running. Earlier in the season, Conte scoffed at the idea that any player could play every game but Kane has been forced to.

Back