• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

You said "way too passive, just strolled along".
The man has run 72 marathons in 72 days and you call him out in the last 5 seconds of his 4500th game of the season.
I just thoght it was kind of strange. He's a goalscorer and chases record. I found it odd a bit odd that he didn't seem to want a possible tap in goal to seal the win, top the group and get another CL goal.
If he was content with 1-1 and second place, when he could get a tap in, that says something about the mindset and mentality imo. I know he's run a lot, but I just found it a bit unlike him to seemingly not wanting a winning goal.

It's not meant as hard critique, just an observation.

the reason we signed Richarlison was so that we could give Kane a rest. Then Richi got injured along with Moura and Kulu, Son is painfully out of form, and suddenly we're literally dependent on him to play every minute as the sole source of goals. I suspect he will have a pretty average world cup, and like a few above I don't expect England to do all that well - so hopefully if that is the case he can have a rest while the tournament reaches the latter stages.

For those saying he was caught in possession last night - he was literally the only forward for most of the game - Moura was played as a right midfielder, and Son went off - so he had to run up a lot of blind allies. This version of Kane that holds the ball and gets fouls (thank you José for that one!) can only do that for so long if isolated all game.
We didn't give him a rest when we had the chance. It's a bit naive of Conte to want to use Richy for Kane only at the moment Kane is tired or Injured. Football just doesn't work so neatly. To keep Kane at the lowest fatigue level he really needed to be getting spells out of games from the very start of the season. Now we need to do it and we don't have the personel available.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

That's the trouble with our approach this season in that games aren't often comfortable in the final 20 minutes or so so you're not going to want to take off players who can win it for you if required - maybe an idea to bring him off the bench after 20-30 minutes given the way we play first half...

That's the trouble with our approach this season in that games aren't often comfortable in the final 20 minutes or so so you're not going to want to take off players who can win it for you if required - maybe an idea to bring him off the bench after 20-30 minutes given the way we play first half...
Indeed.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I just thoght it was kind of strange. He's a goalscorer and chases record. I found it odd a bit odd that he didn't seem to want a possible tap in goal to seal the win, top the group and get another CL goal.
If he was content with 1-1 and second place, when he could get a tap in, that says something about the mindset and mentality imo. I know he's run a lot, but I just found it a bit unlike him to seemingly not wanting a winning goal.

In a situation when conceding a goal would knock us out of the tournament I don’t think overloading the attack (2 vs 1) would have been wise in the last minute of the game. Had Kane joined Hojberg and then we lost the ball, or shot straight at the keeper then we’d be left defending with a man less than the oppo.

Risk v reward.

I think he was more likely hanging back in case Hojbjerg got tackled/his shot got saved so that he was in a position to help us defend a Marseille attack. Had Harry received the pass instead of making it it actually wouldn't have surprised me if he'd carried the ball to the corner to ensure that Marseille had no more possession in the game.

I think he was more likely hanging back in case Hojbjerg got tackled/his shot got saved so that he was in a position to help us defend a Marseille attack. Had Harry received the pass instead of making it it actually wouldn't have surprised me if he'd carried the ball to the corner to ensure that Marseille had no more possession in the game.
Could be that or trying to conserve a bit of energy and risk of injury. The man has been playing non stop for us.

Not correct.

Cancelo misses tomorrow, because he got a red card.

Suspensions from red cards will be served immediately independent of competetion.

Chris Mepham from Bournemouth got his 5th booking on saturday, but plays right now.
That’s not how it was explained at the weekend

Haaland 18 Kane 12

He has come back from bigger deficits to win the Golden Boot. 12 in 15 has been a great return considering he has been flogged all season, but of course, he is just a cheat, a one-season wonder, a tap-in merchant. So wont get any credit...

Also, people raving about Wilson but he only has 6, Salah is on 6, Jesus is on 5 etc.
Keep chugging along Harry!

Back