• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Look at Haaland. He does next to nothing for most of the game, but comes alive when there's a chance. There was one game recently were he got something like 10 touches but got a hat-trick. Was he holding back or one of the best strikers in the world? Kane does so much more than that during a game.
Kane's biggest (well, one of them) problem is that he is by far the best passer in a team ranging from average to tinkle poor passers, bar Perisic and Kulu. I would have liked to see him revert back to his original role, but against anything resembling a good team he would never see the ball. He should be the one finishing the chances, not creating them. Put Kane in Haaland's position and vice versa, and I believe the outcome would be pretty much the same.

I disagree. I hear your arguments about the small squad but I don’t think that was the reason we lost Big Crunch games more often than not. The FA cup semi final against United for example we had a bench of similar quality to United’s with the exception of a striker. Sanchez and Herrera scored the goals for them on that day, they started the game. The substitutes didn’t win them the game, we just didn’t turn up. We also dropped points against the likes of Arsenal at home who played with 10 men for half an hour in early March and we drew 0-0 away at Bournemouth, on both occasions a win would have put us top of the league. We often beat the likes of United and Arsenal late in the season in the league when nothing was really riding on it, but play against the same teams in a knockout situation and we never, ever looked like winning.
I thought we turned up that day against Man Utd and were probably the better team overall. Dembele getting his pocket picked by Pogba was probably what cost us.

It wasn’t ‘freezing’. Typically it was because towards the end of the season when the big games are played we had massive fatigue and/or a lack of quality off of the bench due to having such a small squad of quality. The drop down from first team player to reserve was often huge in all but maybe one or two positions.

Equally, due to needing the finances for the over budget stadium we often prioritised league over cup. I think we could’ve probably won a few trophies if we didn’t have a real overarching target of CL qualification.
I agree. Our squad was wafer thin as it always has been , possibly except for this season but even now you can see how much we are handicapped with just one or two injuries to the forward line.
We definitely prioritised league position over cups and we were always worn out late in the season
Yes , we probably had a better starting eleven than Arsenal but I don't believe we had a better squad.
We have never had a better squad than Arsenal or any other top 4/6 team and that's down to skinflint Levy.

Last edited:
I agree. Our squad was wafer thin has it always has been , possibly except for this season but even now you can see how much we are handicapped with just one or two injuries to the forward line.
We definitely prioritised league position over cups and we were always worn out late in the season
Yes , we probably had a better starting eleven than Arsenal but I don't believe we had a better squad.
We have never had a better squad than Arsenal or any other top 4/6 team and that's down to skinflint Levy.
Our squad now is better than arsenals by some way

I was talking about the past and obviously in the summer we bought a lot squad players to fill out the squad but I'm still not sure we have a better squad than Arsenal.
It's certainly not better by some way imho.
It is IMO
Their squad is paper thin
Even without injuries they are naming kids with no experience in the squad
There back up striker has scored 3 prem goals I think
There back up keeper has never played at this level. They brought in Zincenko who seems to be broken all the time
They are okaying the same 11 every game currently because they don’t have the options even with players fit
There Cb cover…. Rob Holding. There CM cover Lokonga
We had 2 players out in one key position (what’s the chance of that) and that’s hurt us but our depth is much better

It is IMO
There back up keeper has never played at this level. They brought in Zincenko who seems to be broken all the time
They are okaying the same 11 every game currently because they don’t have the options even with players fit
We had 2 players out in one key position (what’s the chance of that) and that’s hurt us but our depth is much better

Ok , let's look at left back or LWB.
They have Tierney and Zinchenko and the young kid that they've sent out to Marseille on loan that's doing really well there. They are stronger than us in that position.
They are definitely stronger in central defence, we have very very average cover for average starters. Their cover is average although some might argue Ben White is above average and then it's Rob Holding.
We have Dier and Davies starting !
We can't play a back four even if we wanted to ( that's what the majority of people say on this very forum and elsewhere ) because it would expose our central defenders so they aren't good enough. Arsenal can play a back four comfortably and it's working.
We do have more cover across the forward line. I think it's swings and roundabouts.
What I do know is our first eleven hasn't really been improved upon at all.

I was talking about the past and obviously in the summer we bought a lot squad players to fill out the squad but I'm still not sure we have a better squad than Arsenal.
It's certainly not better by some way imho.
There was a thread to rate the transfer window. Most here rated 8/10.

I believe we bought too much of the same quality and plenty for the future, we have depth and the few big money improvements (eg. Perisic and Richarlison) haven't really improved us much.

Arsenal bought quality not depth. Maybe next transfer window will do so. At least they found a playing style that makes full use of their purchases.

I also believe that Conte knows we can't defend... Which cost Mourinho his job... And is compensating for it. Still. We will know if Royal returns to the starting line up.

Good post. Arsenal did improve their first eleven which automatically demoted three first team players to squad players. They also bought players that suited their playing style and formation.
As you said , we went sideways , all the players we bought are worse or on a par with what we already had so no improvement on the first eleven just more squad numbers.

It is IMO

Their cover CM is Elneny before ( or as well as ) . They also have Vieira they bought for £35m. There's two you forgot about.

Ok , let's look at left back or LWB.
They have Tierney and Zinchenko and the young kid that they've sent out to Marseille on loan that's doing really well there. They are stronger than us in that position.
They are definitely stronger in central defence, we have very very average cover for average starters. Their cover is average although some might argue Ben White is above average and then it's Rob Holding.
We have Dier and Davies starting !
We can't play a back four even if we wanted to ( that's what the majority of people say on this very forum and elsewhere ) because it would expose our central defenders so they aren't good enough. Arsenal can play a back four comfortably and it's working.
We do have more cover across the forward line. I think it's swings and roundabouts.
What I do know is our first eleven hasn't really been improved upon at all.

Ben white, above average what?
Only question on white is will he be the next maguire or stones, hyped, expensive and quietly sidelined.

Good post. Arsenal did improve their first eleven which automatically demoted three first team players to squad players. They also bought players that suited their playing style and formation.
As you said , we went sideways , all the players we bought are worse or on a par with what we already had so no improvement on the first eleven just more squad numbers.
No they brought players to replace ones they lost

Their cover CM is Elneny before ( or as well as ) . They also have Vieira they bought for £35m. There's two you forgot about.
Yep
One who is rubbish and one who is unproven
Is why they wanted to buy another cm in the summer from villa
Viera may be good but his price tag doesn’t reflect anything

I thought we turned up that day against Man Utd and were probably the better team overall. Dembele getting his pocket picked by Pogba was probably what cost us.

We played well for 20 minutes, until they scored basically and never recovered from it. Can’t just turn up for 20 mins in a big game and expect to win I’m afraid. Never looked like getting back into the game when they took the lead.

I agree. Our squad was wafer thin as it always has been , possibly except for this season but even now you can see how much we are handicapped with just one or two injuries to the forward line.

Down to building a stadium. We're back spending competitively since it opened.

We played well for 20 minutes, until they scored basically and never recovered from it. Can’t just turn up for 20 mins in a big game and expect to win I’m afraid. Never looked like getting back into the game when they took the lead.
That’s how I remember that Semi as well. Better team until they scored and then we never laid a finger on them.

Down to building a stadium. We're back spending competitively since it opened.
Also it’s not 1 or 2 injuries to the forward line despite what people think
It’s actually 3 because he doesn’t Trish mouras fitness yet and the knock on is that it puts more strain on Kane and son which then saps their energy
It’s huge knock ons in The key area

Arteta is on his FOURTH year there; if he wasn't starting to get something right he'd be a shambles. Conte has been here 11 months.

I don't know how to use the like button.i think some of our fans think they are on Football manager, its not that easy to build a good side in less the a year.

We've three injuries to the forward line, Kulu, Richy and Moura. No team could cope with that.

Back