• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Difficult to see an obvious move for him.

City have Haaland (and any other team has the potential to finish below us).
Real Madrid have Benzema.
Barca are still in some disarray.
Serie A is surely a step down.

So Bayern are really the only big team available, but as you say, is the German league a big trophy?

Man U

He may have scored winning goals but if you weigh up the games he has just jogged a round to the games he actually turned up and carried the team, the former out weighs it by a long shot. I have never seen a world class striker have consistently brick games and look like they have no interest like Kane does. It is ridiculous, he got bullied by a child last night. Ndombele got absolutely ridiculed for doing the exact thing Kane has done for the last 4 / 5 seasons.
That’s because you haven’t really ever consistently watched other world class strikers…. Especially ones who aren’t playing for one of the biggest 2 or 3 teams in their league.

He looks to me like he’s holding back . Scored plenty but the performances he’s put in don’t match the tally in a weird way.

Clearly has eyes on the World Cup.

Last night he was bullied by That small CB. This is a player we have seen have great battles with Physical CBs in the past. He’s not willing to get involved at the minute .

Hopefully after the World Cup we will see more from him .
I don’t think he was bullied at all. In fact Harry probably came away with the ball more times than most CFs do in any game and that was despite having to receive passes facing his own goal while very closely marked.

Good luck getting in somebody even half as good with our likely budget!
Regardless of the budget we aren't getting them, players like that look to join a club that wins trophies.
We don't.
We lucked out that kane came through the academy. As a club we are a long way from attracting a player as good as Kane as an up and coming player, nevermind the finished article.

Edited to add this thought, only spurs could produce a player as good as harry and either not win a trophy or make a mint from selling him.
Like most of us he must rue the day he became one of us.

He looks to me like he’s holding back . Scored plenty but the performances he’s put in don’t match the tally in a weird way.

Clearly has eyes on the World Cup.

Last night he was bullied by That small CB. This is a player we have seen have great battles with Physical CBs in the past. He’s not willing to get involved at the minute .

Hopefully after the World Cup we will see more from him .
Look at Haaland. He does next to nothing for most of the game, but comes alive when there's a chance. There was one game recently were he got something like 10 touches but got a hat-trick. Was he holding back or one of the best strikers in the world? Kane does so much more than that during a game.

I'm not blaming anyone, what i'm saying is that he is as responsible as everyone else.
He gets a free pass from a lot of our support. When Dier fudges up its because he's useless, but when he has a good game its because of others are protecting him.
When hugo fudges up he's past it, can't pass. He saved us from humiliation last night, and not for the first time, but some would replace him with keepers who only attribute that i can see is that they are English.
Trippier, top assists for a defender in England in last season with us i think. Not good enough.
I could go on but i'm sure you see where i'm going, for some there is always an excuse for harry.

I've said it on here multiple times, you win as a team you lose as a team.
You take the plaudits when you win, you take the brick when you lose. Its a collective, as I think the second longest member of that collective after hugo, harry is as much responsible for our failures as our successes.
If we had 11 players on the pitch of equal quality and equal professionalism as Harry Kane then we would win numerous league titles.

If we had 11 players on the pitch of equal quality to Eric Dier we would be a lower mid table team.

If we had 11 players on the pitch of equal quality and equal professionalism as Harry Kane then we would win numerous league titles.

If we had 11 players on the pitch of equal quality to Eric Dier we would be a lower mid table team.

Has there ever been such a team?
Even doped clubs can't out out such a team.
And a team with players no better than dier won the league.
And another won three f a cups.

Personally I think we had a team capable of wining trophies from 2016-2019. We often looked like the best team in the country when the pressure was off, but as soon as it came to crunch, one-off do or die games, more often than not we froze. That’s not only on Kane, collectively and individually no one arrested a decline in those win and go top games or in FA cup semi finals. I think Fergie said you need 8 players to play well in order to win a match. I felt no more than 1-2 played well in the big games. CL final only Rose and Winks turned up. The fact that Arsenal won 4 FA cups in the last 8 years when more often than not we had better teams and squads then them is quite baffling. Not saying we should have won the league or the CL, but to have the likes of Kane, Son, Toby, Jan, Eriksen and Dembele and have not a single trophy to show for it is frustrating.
It wasn’t ‘freezing’. Typically it was because towards the end of the season when the big games are played we had massive fatigue and/or a lack of quality off of the bench due to having such a small squad of quality. The drop down from first team player to reserve was often huge in all but maybe one or two positions.

Equally, due to needing the finances for the over budget stadium we often prioritised league over cup. I think we could’ve probably won a few trophies if we didn’t have a real overarching target of CL qualification.

Last edited:
Leicester had numerous players who go were far better than Dier in their title winning team.

At the time yes, but when dier was at his best i can't say i agree.
And when dier was at his best our team was much better than the Leicester team that won the league.
Its not as simple as that of course, there's loads of variables, but thats sport.

Huth and Morgan? Or did they have other CB's? Or are you thinking other positions, that aren't comparable, like their keeper?
I wasn’t comparing positions, just saying that Leicester had some players in their team who were at a far higher level than Dier is.

I would say that Huth and Morgan were probably at a similar level to Dier and advantaged in that season by being allowed to manhandle the opposition on every corner both when attacking and defending.

Kane for sure is a world class player but because of the injurys he has suffered to his ankles he has had to change his game, i doubt very much that we will see the Kane of a couple years ago when he was always on the move and running away from opposing players.

He still has the abilty to ping a cross/pass from space but his running away from players is resticted. It was obvious to some that this would happen when he went through those injurys to his ankles. His game has changed so imo its not fair to compere him to the days when he did so. imo

Poor guy... thought most of our outfield players were sub-par but it definitely wasn't Kane's fault. I think Kane should have the mentality that he can always have done better after a performance like last night's but it wasn't his fault we were bad.

It wasn’t ‘freezing’. Typically it was because towards the end of the season when the big games are played we had massive fatigue and/or a lack of quality off of the bench due to having such a small squad of quality. The drop down from first team player to reserve was often huge in all but maybe one or two positions.

Equally, due to needing the finances for the over budget stadium we often prioritised league over cup. I think we could’ve probably won a few trophies if we didn’t have a real overarching target of CL qualification.

I disagree. I hear your arguments about the small squad but I don’t think that was the reason we lost Big Crunch games more often than not. The FA cup semi final against United for example we had a bench of similar quality to United’s with the exception of a striker. Sanchez and Herrera scored the goals for them on that day, they started the game. The substitutes didn’t win them the game, we just didn’t turn up. We also dropped points against the likes of Arsenal at home who played with 10 men for half an hour in early March and we drew 0-0 away at Bournemouth, on both occasions a win would have put us top of the league. We often beat the likes of United and Arsenal late in the season in the league when nothing was really riding on it, but play against the same teams in a knockout situation and we never, ever looked like winning.

Back