• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Yup, brick performances from the players around him giving him nothing to work with is the reason why he's never won anything.
Makes you wonder why he's stayed so loyal (outside of his push for a move to City), would've won everything in the game if he went to a proper top side.

Its always the players around him, never his fault.
Whats his record for shots in s/f and finals for spurs and England again?
Moura had scored more goals in one half of a s/f than kane has had shots on target in s/f and finals in his whole career if remember correctly.
But its never his fault.
Ever.

Moura had scored more goals in one half of a s/f than kane has had shots on target in s/f and finals in his whole career if remember correctly.
But its never his fault.
Ever.

Forwards rely on support

Cut the support kill the opposition.

Football 101

Edit : the fact you're highlighting shots taken shows this to you better than anything yet you're using it as a stick to beat him with ffs

Yup, brick performances from the players around him giving him nothing to work with is the reason why he's never won anything.
Makes you wonder why he's stayed so loyal (outside of his push for a move to City), would've won everything in the game if he went to a proper top side.

he'd win everything in the game, no matter who he played for, if he'd just go and fudging take it, the opposition never stops him, but sometimes he stops himself

But its never his fault.
Ever.
If the rest of the team don't turn up then he's not going to be able to do anything.

fudge me. Peak Messi would have struggled playing with that rabble tonight. Kane looks half a yard off it to me in general play this season but I wouldn’t criticise him much for tonight.

he gave the ball away for both of their goals, in positions where him receiving it, normally ends up in a goal for us

Receiving the ball in an offside position normally ends up in a goal for us? I give up...

you have a fair point in the offside, but if he puts that away, its a fk and we reset, rather than them breaking at speed

lets also not let him off the ill timed run, he had acres of space, he should have made sure he was onside

he gave the ball away for both of their goals, in positions where him receiving it, normally ends up in a goal for us

Would need to watch it back but first goal is Diers fault primarily. However, if you look about 30 seconds beforehand, we’re on the front foot, play two bricky passes behind players and we’re forced back the way. Pitiful stuff. Can’t remember much of the build up to the second.

But this inference about Kane having everything in his grasp and just needing to want it is nonsense. You’re talking about a guy where everyone he’s worked with speaks so highly of his professionalism and mentality. For anyone to insinuate he’s not winning trophies due to some weakness in his mentality is absolute garbage.

you have a fair point in the offside, but if he puts that away, its a fk and we reset, rather than them breaking at speed

lets also not let him off the ill timed run, he had acres of space, he should have made sure he was onside

The offside is the other one you’re referring to? Tough crowd. And De Gea narrowed the angle. That was very far from a good chance even if he was on.

Would need to watch it back but first goal is Diers fault primarily. However, if you look about 30 seconds beforehand, we’re on the front foot, play two bricky passes behind players and we’re forced back the way. Pitiful stuff. Can’t remember much of the build up to the second.

But this inference about Kane having everything in his grasp and just needing to want it is nonsense. You’re talking about a guy where everyone he’s worked with speaks so highly of his professionalism and mentality. For anyone to insinuate he’s not winning trophies due to some weakness in his mentality is absolute garbage.

Kane had the ball in their half, with time and space, Son open to his right, he made a diabolical header

he has no technical weakness, he's capable of doing everything perfectly, we've seen it a thousand times

Kanes an absolute hero for me, I take the years I've seen him first hand as a privilege, best striker in the world for a time and is going to break a record I never thought would be broken at Spurs.

His mentality isn't the issue here, it's his body, no doubting he is still a phenomenal scorer of goals but its now a case of how do we build round the fact that he isn't likely to bully a back line or give you an outlet of pace or movement.

Kanes an absolute hero for me, I take the years I've seen him first hand as a privilege, best striker in the world for a time and is going to break a record I never thought would be broken at Spurs.

His mentality isn't the issue here, it's his body, no doubting he is still a phenomenal scorer of goals but its now a case of how do we build round the fact that he isn't likely to bully a back line or give you an outlet of pace or movement.

I think he's done for the level we want, physically and mentally, he will break the records but only because he will continue to get game time.
There's more in him than we are getting imho, but he is concentrating on records now and not the team.

I have watched Henry, Gerrard, Drogba etc take games by the scruff of the neck and win games single handed.

Never seen Kane do it. Good player but will never be a great for me.

Back