• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Of course I don't forget. He's a club legend to me. But club legends needs managing out too. And sometimes, they can inadvertently hang on for too long.

I worry because i see a trend where he isn't really fast or swift anymore and it continues this season. Of his goals - how many from open play like Son's ? The number and proportion have dropped considerably.

Conte would understand fatigue, but I think he will be increasingly pressed to give Kane the full 90 minutes on top of the direct free kick duties (missed one again yesterday, lol). Its not just us, Man U still counting on Ronaldo, Liverpool still countin on Salah, when you know they are not as reliable as before.

Who would you replace him with? We went decades looking for a 20 goals a season striker.

Of course I don't forget. He's a club legend to me. But club legends needs managing out too. And sometimes, they can inadvertently hang on for too long.

I worry because i see a trend where he isn't really fast or swift anymore and it continues this season. Of his goals - how many from open play like Son's ? The number and proportion have dropped considerably.

Conte would understand fatigue, but I think he will be increasingly pressed to give Kane the full 90 minutes on top of the direct free kick duties (missed one again yesterday, lol). Its not just us, Man U still counting on Ronaldo, Liverpool still countin on Salah, when you know they are not as reliable as before.
Yes, lets bin off our best player, one that is close to a goal a game over the last half a season :rolleyes:

The only real issue with Kane this season is that his ball striking hasn't been at his usual extreme level of quality.

Still scores goals, but more scuffs, fewer proper clean strikes imo.

Even more visible with his passing, cross field, through balls. He's been absolutely top class at that for quite a while, now he's just very good and the difference is very noticeable imo.

I don't think this is a result of age related decline. Great ball strikers can usually still strike a ball brilliantly way past the time when their physical ability in general is in decline.

He'll get back to his best in this regard, I'm almost certain of it. When he does he and the team will look significantly better.

Why is rotation seen as “binning off”?

In most other sports it’s perfectly normal to leave athletes out of races/halves/plays to keep them fresh and fit for when you really need them.

His career will last longer if he doesn’t play every minute of every game.

Don't have a problem with rotation or resting. Metalgear said we need to manage him out and he has been hanging on too long. That he is no longer fast or swift (not sure i remember him ever being).

Why is rotation seen as “binning off”?

In most other sports it’s perfectly normal to leave athletes out of races/halves/plays to keep them fresh and fit for when you really need them.

His career will last longer if he doesn’t play every minute of every game.
It's not, as @Lilbaz said it was in reference to "But club legends needs managing out too. And sometimes, they can inadvertently hang on for too long."
I'd be all for subbing off when a game is won etc

Who would you replace him with? We went decades looking for a 20 goals a season striker.

eventually ? i don't know but but we have to start the process now by resting him for weaker opponents and subbing him where son and richy can do.

richy is defintely fit enough to play a lot more from what i've seen

next transfer window - we'll know who's available (and how much we have). last window, i thought ivan tony was within reach. surprised we got richy.

Last edited:
eventually ? i don't know but but we have to start the process now by resting him for weaker opponents and subbing him where son and richy can do.

next transfer window - we'll know who's available (and how much we have).
There's bigger priorities for January than worrying about replacing a player that still has a few years left at the top. Plenty of time to see if Dane is the new Kane.

i'm expecting kane to start all games if fit, through the same mysterious means that has me expecting him to take all direct free kicks when he is on the pitch.

He hasn't been taking all direct free kicks the last couple of games - thought you might have noticed that.

And the reason Kane starts games is because managers tend to rely on forwards who consistently score goals, the only mystery is why some people don't understand this.

next transfer window - we'll know who's available (and how much we have). last window, i thought ivan tony was within reach. surprised we got richy.
Richy is fit enough but without Kulu we don’t have a forward who can pass well enough with Kane there

Conte would understand fatigue, but I think he will be increasingly pressed to give Kane the full 90 minutes on top of the direct free kick duties (missed one again yesterday, lol). Its not just us, Man U still counting on Ronaldo, Liverpool still countin on Salah, when you know they are not as reiable as before.
I think he is faster now than he was 4 or 5 years ago personally.

Also the table of incredible, consistent, goal scoring from Kane that @Lilbaz posted above doesn't show assists. His assist numbers have grown these past few seasons. If Kane doesn't play then Son doesn't get nearly as many goals as he does. Kane is probably the most creative player we have in our team as well as being our best goalscorer. He is the very last player that I would want replacing in our team.

Just can't conceive what he was thinking, a cross in the air for the shortest guy in the stadium.
I think that was because by the time he put the ball in, it was difficult to play a pass on the ground to Gill, I think he had to hit it in hard as otherwise the keeper would likely have cut it out.

Neither Tony or Richarlison are a patch on Harry Kane.

Noone is arguing that Kane isn't an extraordinary player. The issue is whether he can play two games a week at this level? But if he can do 90 minutes midweek and 70 on a Saturday, or vice versa, that would be fine with me.

Back