• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

On that note, have we considered Krychowiak this window? Perhaps not, given that Sevilla won't sell him to us for anything short of his release clause (30 million euros, or roughly 21.5 million quid), but he'd be very, very suited to a) our intense style of play, b) the generally youthful nature of our squad (he's 25), c) our specific defensive needs now that we've signed Alderweireld (Toby isn't the tallest or the strongest, but Krychowiak would more than remedy that given his height and brick outhouse build), and d) our general defensive needs (he's a beastly, defensively minded CDM who nonetheless likes to play long balls out of the back to start play).

However, we'd have to consider whether prising him out of the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan is worth completely and eternally tinkling off Sevilla, however: they already hate us, and don't want to lose another player this window after being stripped of Bacca and Vidal already. A bid from us would probably be the final straw as far as they're concerned. :p

Lord Voldemort is a very good player and is improving all the time...

Unwise to say otherwise unless you dont mind risking the wrath of the Dark Lord.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! He Who Must Not Be Named!

For Delph signing for Emirates Marketing Project see Rodwell, Sinclair its just tomhave an English player in the squad for quotas, he will get paid a fortune and wont play at all

some sites saying Mitrovic flying out to Saudi Sportswashing Machine tomorrow morning for talks, fee agreed with Anderlecht and only Roma are the other interested party but they prefer Dzeko

You are banned from the internet - its warping your mind. That is Elvis is alive conspiracy theory.

Eh?? Hold, on - You mean Elvis ISN'T alive??? :eek:

I actually think Townsend & West Ham would be a fit. Payet & Townsend putting balls into the box from outwide would work for them.

Since when has Townsend ever "put balls into the box from out wide"? Is that some sort of cryptically hidden description of what Townsend usually does?;)

Doesn't work like that mate, it costs money to have lawyers/agents even make preliminary bids.

I personally don't see it, but they have spent stupid money before, and if they are willing to put in a bid through proper channels, why not? there is no exclusivity until they have agreed terms and submitted some kind of legally binding bid.

Maybe, but that doesn't stop several other clubs (including ourselves) offer what in reality they know are 'fake' or 'strategic but knowingly unlikely to succeed' bids for players. Our bids for Ings and Mata four years ago imo stand out as examples of such. I wouldn't put it past WHam to (attempt to) cause us internal strife/disrupt our other purchase plans like that. After the OS 'combat' there is no love lost at all...

Our bid for Mata triggered his release clause, he just didn't want to join us. It did of course force Chelsea into bidding when he may have been say 2nd choice target to stop us signing him if you mean that's strategic but that's more guesswork as we don't know whether Chelsea would have bid anyway.

Our bid for Mata triggered his release clause, he just didn't want to join us. It did of course force Chelsea into bidding when he may have been say 2nd choice target to stop us signing him if you mean that's strategic but that's more guesswork as we don't know whether Chelsea would have bid anyway.

IIRC it forced Arsenal (who were front runners in trying to sign him) to have to meet the release clause to try and sign him (and not try a wrangle a cheap deal on the sly) at which point Chelski stepped in and blew them out by actually bidding and then paying the release clause that Arsenal tried to wriggle out of paying.
If Mata had signed for Arsenal that season they would not have struggled to pip us to third.
Levy knew Mata would not have left Valencia for a non-CL club so it was indeed strategic to make it as uneasy as possible for Arsenal to get him imo

Eh?? Hold, on - You mean Elvis ISN'T alive??? :eek:

Since when has Townsend ever "put balls into the box from out wide"? Is that some sort of cryptically hidden description of what Townsend usually does?;)

To be fair, when he has played on the left and for England, he has.
I actually think crossing is the only thing he is any good at - whether its tactics or not that stop him doing it, I don't know. But I do think he'd be very effective taking on the FB and putting crosses in.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I couldn't see it anywhere here. Some actual, honest-to-GHod quotes from Levy about the transfer policy this summer...

"The window will be reasonably busy," he said. "We have already brought in four new players since the winter window and we've done deals for players who have now left.

"At the moment it is fairly relaxed. I would anticipate that as the window goes on, the activity will happen in the last two weeks but we are trying to business early where we can."​

See here.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I couldn't see it anywhere here. Some actual, honest-to-GHod quotes from Levy about the transfer policy this summer...

"The window will be reasonably busy," he said. "We have already brought in four new players since the winter window and we've done deals for players who have now left.

"At the moment it is fairly relaxed. I would anticipate that as the window goes on, the activity will happen in the last two weeks but we are trying to business early where we can."​

See here.

Can someone please enlighten me as to who the 4th one is please?

Schweinsteiger says he is flattered by Man Utd interest and Bayern dont seem to fussed it seems if he wants to leave.

wages will be epic, way out of our range

From what I kind find searching around it looks like Pedro is on 60k at Barcelona.
I'd be happy to double that for him. Pay the 15-20m fee His contract is up next summer.
Sell Townsend and Lamela and it would be all paid for and more.
Right hand side problem solved by a real quality experienced player.

From what I kind find searching around it looks like Pedro is on 60k at Barcelona.
I'd be happy to double that for him. Pay the 15-20m fee His contract is up next summer.

I can't see Townsend and Llamela being on £60k a piece

dont you worry how he would perform without Messi, Iniesta and Xavi providing the ammunition.

There is no way Spurs should bring players in and start paying them 120k, if we did that they would be a line of players demanding parity. Once the stadium is up and running with the added income is the time we should be able to compete with the financial doped clubs.

One of the reasons we are so well positioned as a club is that Levy ( thank GHod) has not thrown that type of money around willy nilly.

Back