• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I hope we don't take WHam's bid for Townsend seriously. Remember the Ade move which was blocked last-minute by Levy in January?
It wouldn't surprise me if they were planning a 'revenge' move to pull out of the deal at the last minute, thereby potentially fudging up our other deals that might depend on Townsend going.

Think about it; 15M for Townsend from WHam? I mean REALLY??

I hope we don't take WHam's bid for Townsend seriously. Remember the Ade move which was blocked last-minute by Levy in January?
It wouldn't surprise me if they were planning a 'revenge' move to pull out of the deal at the last minute, thereby potentially fudgeing up our other deals that might depend on Townsend going.

Doesn't work like that mate, it costs money to have lawyers/agents even make preliminary bids.

I personally don't see it, but they have spent stupid money before, and if they are willing to put in a bid through proper channels, why not? there is no exclusivity until they have agreed terms and submitted some kind of legally binding bid.

£15m for Townsend is never, ever happening. £25m in sales for Paulino and Townsend is living in fantasy land.

Didn't we turn down £15m from Southampton last season for Townsend? Hr has the hype about him from playing for England. I could see 2 or 3 teams being happy to pay £15m for him.

There's no way Townsend goes for less than £10m, England international (who actually looks good and an important member of that squad), about 23 years old, best years ahead of him, no desire to leave us (even though there's clear desire from one or two fans that he did).

I think he's a good squad member for us if he's happy to be that.

There's no way Townsend goes for less than £10m, England international (who actually looks good and an important member of that squad), about 23 years old, best years ahead of him, no desire to leave us (even though there's clear desire from one or two fans that he did).

I think he's a good squad member for us if he's happy to be that.

I think the way he has been treated by fans is a little unfair seeing as he is one of our own. I'm not his biggest fan and have occasionally had a pop about him in the match threads etc but he does scare defenders and he showed against Chelsea last season that he can be an asset he just needs to work on his decision making.

On the other hand, if someone was to offer £15m I would bite their hand off.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were planning a 'revenge' move to pull out of the deal at the last minute, thereby potentially fudgeing up our other deals that might depend on Townsend going.

You are banned from the internet - its warping your mind. That is Elvis is alive conspiracy theory.

I actually think Townsend & West Ham would be a fit. Payet & Townsend putting balls into the box from outwide would work for them.

CELTIC BACKED TO SIGN ODEGAARD

Sky Bet have seen several large bets on Real Madrid teenagerMartin Odegaard moving to Celtic in the current transfer window.

A run of bets with the bookmaker has seen the price on a move to Celtic shorten to 6/4 from 5/1, amid reports of a potential loan deal.

The Spanish giants signed the 16-year-old from Norwegian club Strømsgodset in January and made him their youngest ever player at 16 years and 157 days old, although it was his only first-team appearance for the club

If someone did offer £15m for Townsend I'd let him go, but not to Wham, they are a bunch of clams and to not sell to them would tinkle Karen Brady off no end.

Let's be honest; Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela are our first choice three in that area at the moment and Pritchard is gonna be getting game time too. Once/If we buy that dangerous wideman that we need Townsend may find himself quite far down a long list and the lad needs game time. What's more is that he generally looks worse with the less time he gets, treating every game like it's his chance to win back a starting berth, inevitably leading to way to many runs into blind alleys and speculative shots that fail to trouble the keeper.

I know it is still early and I am a big fan of both levy and poch, but I am a bit tetchy that we are buying lots of defenders and not necessarily addressing the areas of weakness namely striker and defensive midfielder. It would have been good to have at least one of those areas addressed before start of the season in a month's time otherwise it will mean that we start on the back foot again.

I know it is still early and I am a big fan of both levy and poch, but I am a bit tetchy that we are buying lots of defenders and not necessarily addressing the areas of weakness namely striker and defensive midfielder. It would have been good to have at least one of those areas addressed before start of the season in a month's time otherwise it will mean that we start on the back foot again.

Relax. The transfer window has only been open for one week.

If we're going to settle for lesser players it doesn't matter if we sign them now or on the last day. They won't improve us long term and probably won't make our starting lineup anyway.

I'm a bit concerned about that. If we sign Alder this week, that will be Poch's 9th defensive signing out of 10 (Alli being the 10th).

My two priorities for the summer were LWF and CF, and we've not had a sniff about signings for those positions yet.

Haha, still refusing to admit that central midfield is our weakest part of our team by an absolute mile. Instead you think lwf is, where chadli scored a crazy amount of goals for us, and striker, where Kane plays.....

I don't think we possess two starting midfielders so that is so so desperate. Then I'd say RWF as we tried quite a few players there and none really took it, I like lamela but the lest effective. Then a back up striker.

I think we're ok on the left as chadli, eriksen and Pritchard can play there

My concern is still the right as we have viable alternative for lamella unless we're sticking with Andros

We desperately need centre forward cover though as Ade will probably be off to Some different planet soon and we can't be left with just Soldado who has been ineffective

Haha, still refusing to admit that central midfield is our weakest part of our team by an absolute mile. Instead you think lwf is, where chadli scored a crazy amount of goals for us, and striker, where Kane plays.....

I don't think we possess two starting midfielders so that is so so desperate. Then I'd say RWF as we tried quite a few players there and none really took it, I like lamela but the lest effective. Then a back up striker.

But Chadli is our only LWF and Kane our only CF (unless we give Soldado a third season). We just don't have the options in those two positions

We've already strengthened in CM - Alli has come in as Mason's cover/competition. I'm perfectly happy to give Stambouli another year as Bentaleb's cover/competition, but don't mind if we get someone like Saurez in instead for that role.

For me the Kane, Bentaleb, Mason, Rose axis was at the heart of everything that was good and exciting about last season. we need to build on it, not squash it with more mediocre imports.

I think we're ok on the left as chadli, eriksen and Pritchard can play there

My concern is still the right as we have viable alternative for lamella unless we're sticking with Andros

We desperately need centre forward cover though as Ade will probably be off to Some different planet soon and we can't be left with just Soldado who has been ineffective

--------------------------------Kane/New CF

Chadli/New LWF-------Eriksen/Pritchard-----Lamela/Townsend

is how I see the front 4/8

We need to swap Ade, Soldado and Lennon for two new bodies - ideally quick but still technical players

--------------------------------Kane/New CF

Chadli/New LWF-------Eriksen/Pritchard-----Lamela/Townsend

is how I see the front 4/8

We need to swap Ade, Soldado and Lennon for two new bodies - ideally quick but still technical players

But don't forget eriksen and Pritchard play on the left too so the options are there with quality players

The right is a massive problem and overall the lack of variety is an issue. We're crying out for a Pacey player wide that can impact the game and Poch clearly doesn't see Lennon as one

But Chadli is our only LWF and Kane our only CF (unless we give Soldado a third season). We just don't have the options in those two positions

We've already strengthened in CM - Alli has come in as Mason's cover/competition. I'm perfectly happy to give Stambouli another year as Bentaleb's cover/competition, but don't mind if we get someone like Saurez in instead for that role.

For me the Kane, Bentaleb, Mason, Rose axis was at the heart of everything that was good and exciting about last season. we need to build on it, not squash it with more mediocre imports.

I think a lot of people don't realise Alli isn't an attacking player. Most think he is a number 10

I've seen enough of him due to local coverage and watching MK every now and then to see he is a perfect box to box type like Viera used to be

Back