• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Relax. The transfer window has only been open for one week.
Indeed but the work to scout these players as you know happens a long time before. More importantly we are only a month away from the first game against Man utd. I really hope we are ready for that game.

The transfer window has been opened for 8 days and we have added 3 players and shifted the same number out so there is no need to panic ( yet). Now if we can get another CM player who can add a more defensive mindset we will be well on the way.

Indeed but the work to scout these players as you know happens a long time before. More importantly we are only a month away from the first game against Man utd. I really hope we are ready for that game.

We haven't lost any of our starters from last season. I think that's more important than getting every signing done in time for pre season.

But Chadli is our only LWF and Kane our only CF (unless we give Soldado a third season). We just don't have the options in those two positions

We've already strengthened in CM - Alli has come in as Mason's cover/competition. I'm perfectly happy to give Stambouli another year as Bentaleb's cover/competition, but don't mind if we get someone like Saurez in instead for that role.

For me the Kane, Bentaleb, Mason, Rose axis was at the heart of everything that was good and exciting about last season. we need to build on it, not squash it with more mediocre imports.

Ah I see. Well I think Pritchard will be lw cover, dembele number 10 cover and I think town sends dog crack so I'd prefer a right winger. But I think a lot of those players can move about, Pritchard and eriksen can play any of the 3, lamela too, chadli number 10, dembele probably any of the positions (and drop back to the middle two if need be).

As for stambouli, I agree, but his game time last season shows poch doesn't agree. And nkot to beat the same drum, but I have no faith in mason, so for me this is the easiest way to improve our first 11.

But ultimately now - CM, Winger, Striker is what we need to end with an exciting squad.

We haven't lost any of our starters from last season. I think that's more important than getting every signing done in time for pre season.
I think this is going to make a big difference to us. When was the last time we could start a season with a settled team? It's going to be alot easier for new signings to settle in aswell as they don't have to be thrown in at the deep end.

I wonder if Chiriches and Kaboul are close to going somewhere... There must be a few options for them out there?

Does he realise that you can just be an employee for a club and still play well without all the badge kissing?

Never thought, bias aside, he was better than our Kyle though.

He is a bit more traditional. I thought he was d0g sh1t in an arse shirt but he was great for West Ham

IMO he is better than Clyne as he can pass a ball well and has the same engine whilst being deceptively quick

Jenkinson has serious pace from what I've seen, remember thinking who the heck is this guy just outsprinting everyone a couple of seasons back.

best transfer news of the summer!!!!!!!!!!

Shelvey has signed new 4 year contract at Swansea

phewwwwwwwwww

Good for him, stay at a club that values you and build your own reputation there for a while.

Think he could become a good option for us when we need to replace Bentaleb in a few years' time. If he's still around and fulfills his undoubted talents, of course.

Lord Voldemort is a very good player and is improving all the time...

Unwise to say otherwise unless you dont mind risking the wrath of the Dark Lord.

Back