• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Why though?

We have ample players who have performed central midfield against the best sides... We have 1 forward of a similar level and he did that for 7 months!!!!

Because imv the first XI is what is important when there are positions not filled with players of the right quality. Our starting forward is of the required quality, one half of our starting CM is not.

Hopefully we'll get both positions sorted but to me the first XI is what's of paramount importance.

oohhh im not sure about that. Just look at our competitors and the depth they have in the striker positions. We literally just have Kane
That's my view
If kanes injured were left with Ade and Soldado who really really do not cut the mustard

If mason or bentelab get injured we can play dembele, alli, Carroll, velkovic, Toby, verts and others

We don't even have a youth team player to cover kane

Because imv the first XI is what is important when there are positions not filled with players of the right quality. Our starting forward is of the required quality, one half of our starting CM is not.

Hopefully we'll get both positions sorted but to me the first XI is what's of paramount importance.

Yet showed against better teams than us that the midfield pair is more than capable... Even against matic, fabregas, the whole arsenal midfield, the whole Everton team...

Our reserve forward have shown that there but as good as Dier is at scoring!!!

You're giving me food for thought and i do see where you're coming from, but i just think the right CM will improve our play and take us a step closer to what the manager wants from us, which excites me more than i am worried about what happens if Kane gets injured

You're giving me food for thought and i do see where you're coming from, but i just think the right CM will improve our play and take us a step closer to what the manager wants from us, which excites me more than i am worried about what happens if Kane gets injured

I'm all for upgrading any position if we can sincerely. But we have no viable plan B for Kane and were 3 weeks away from the season starting

The problem is I can't name anyone who would join in that role. I'd take berahino in a heartbeat as he is versatile where he can play

For central midfield I've yet to see is linked with any players that I think are better than we have

West Ham sign Argentine midfielder Manuel Lanzini on season-long loan

Christian Benteke completes £32.5m move to Liverpool from Aston Villa

Arsenal’s Szczesny in line for loan move to Roma

Or we keep Soldado, yes. I'm not disagreeing with you: I don't think Berahino is presently suited to being a lone forward either. But I think he can be made into a decent one with training: and perhaps his chemistry with Kane (for the U-21s) can be translated into a tactical scenario where they both alternate roles, with one dropping deep and another stepping up to lead the line, switching throughout the game. That way, centre-backs don't know whether to hold a high line or a deep one, since the pace and skill of one is matched by the physicality, power and accurate long shooting ability of the other.

That sort of thing would give us tactical flexibility, and unpredictability: it's the sort of thing I'd like to see Poch try more often in the years ahead, even if it's not exactly with Berahino and Kane, necessarily.

I keep reading about this supposed "chemistry" Berahino is supposed to have with Kane at U21 level. Does anyone have any stats ie games (or mins) played together, goals scored when both on pitch together etc etc.

Or is this a myth?

the voice of reason. all will come clear.

Lol .. My prediction this summer was McCarthy berahino to join so I hopefully will have few shillings coming my way even if not overly convinced of either but typical Spurs signings if they do come off .

Wonder if we swap Townsend for him ? Pulis does like his wingers

Lol .. My prediction this summer was McCarthy berahino to join so I hopefully will have few shillings coming my way even if not overly convinced of either but typical Spurs signings if they do come off .

Wonder if we swap Townsend for him ? Pulis does like his wingers

townsend won't be leaving.

I keep reading about this supposed "chemistry" Berahino is supposed to have with Kane at U21 level. Does anyone have any stats ie games (or mins) played together, goals scored when both on pitch together etc etc.

Or is this a myth?

I think it's 21 between them 11 Kane and 10 berahino

How good would berahino and aubameyang instead of soldado and adebayor ..... Dreamland !! Serious firepower goals and assists then lol ... Go on levy do it do it

Something I have learned from this off season, how much I hate reading the start of the headline on newsnow.. Spurs preparing :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back