• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Yep (writing out Lennon and Ade), we've got:

CM - Bentaleb, Mason, Alli, Carroll + Veljkovic, Winks (4+2 for 2 spots)

AM - Lamela, Townsend, Chadli, Eriksen, Pritchard, Dembele + Oduwa, Onomah (6+2 for 3 spots)

CF - Kane, Soldado (2 for 1 spot)
When I look at the players above I wonder whether I should've given Pochettino a lot more credit for getting us a 5th place finish last season?

Not really we lack a CM player with a defensive mind set, Veljkovic may/may not turn out to be the answer eventually but to start him along side the likes of Bentaleb/ Mason ( who imo is not good enough) is silly and taking a huge risk.

I think mason is good enough as evidenced last year but happy for an upgrade

The concern has to be the lack of like for like cover for Kane.

As I've said previously some peoples dislike or lack of appreciation for mason is justified and their view but we have dembele, velkovic and Ali who can play there plus youth players

Up front we have Kane and 2 played who simply haven't or will not work for the current side and that's a massive priority for me to address as without Kane's goals last season we would have been screwed and the alternatives haven't scored his return in 7 months over their last two seasons for us so it's A massive issue

When I look at the players above I wonder whether I should've given Pochettino a lot more credit for getting us a 5th place finish last season?

I don't know, I think it's quite a talented, exciting group of players. Only Soldado and Dembele older than 25 too.

Ideally we'll upgrade (probably) Carroll, Dembele and Soldado before the end of the window.

The main thing they collectively lack is pace in the AM/CF options and a bit of presence in the CM ones.

I think mason is good enough as evidenced last year but happy for an upgrade

The concern has to be the lack of like for like cover for Kane.

As I've said previously some peoples dislike or lack of appreciation for mason is justified and their view but we have dembele, velkovic and Ali who can play there plus youth players

Up front we have Kane and 2 played who simply haven't or will not work for the current side and that's a massive priority for me to address as without Kane's goals last season we would have been screwed and the alternatives haven't scored his return in 7 months over their last two seasons for us so it's A massive issue

I agree we need to bring in someone who can play up front and I think we will, my concern is that I disagree about Mason and unless Poch fill that hole in CM we will struggle to keep clean sheets once again.

I agree we need to bring in someone who can play up front and I think we will, my concern is that I disagree about Mason and unless Poch fill that hole in CM we will struggle to keep clean sheets once again.

Clean sheets can be achieved with plenty of combinations but goals win games. Soldado and Ade between them are as useful as a wet fart

Of course goals can win games, but only if you concede less then you score.

Yes of course but the brickest teams keep clean sheets, with the best attacking sides being the ones the break them down

Likewise it's the teams that score the most that invariably finish highest plenty conceded less than is and finished lower

Yes of course but the crudtest teams keep clean sheets, with the best attacking sides being the ones the break them down

Likewise it's the teams that score the most that invariably finish highest plenty conceded less than is and finished lower

I think we are going round in circles, I agree we need another forward but we need a more defensive CM just as bad.

I think we are going round in circles, I agree we need another forward but we need a more defensive CM just as bad.

Yes we are but is argue that we can cover midfield and "make do"

We really can't up front as we have no options unless soldado is reborn

If we can get a better player in for midfield then great, however if we don't get someone as back up for Kane were relying on a player out scored by centre backs

If we can get a better player in for midfield then great, however if we don't get someone as back up for Kane were relying on a player out scored by centre backs

Id say first choice CM is more important than back up CF, personally

Our CM was wide open last season, ( I sit behind the goal and the runners from the opposing side without being tracked was like the charge of the light phalanx at times) and that was with all the CM players we had on our books, now we have a lot less so there is no way we can cover that this season unless we bring someone in.

Our CM was wide open last season, ( I sit behind the goal and the runners from the opposing side without being tracked was like the charge of the light phalanx at times) and that was with all the CM players we had on our books, now we have a lot less so there is no way we can cover that this season unless we bring someone in.

We can stick numerous players into central midfield including centre backs playing there who have in the last like verts and Toby

What is our plan at the moment if Kane is out?

Id say first choice CM is more important than back up CF, personally

oohhh im not sure about that. Just look at our competitors and the depth they have in the striker positions. We literally just have Kane

We can stick numerous players into central midfield including centre backs playing there who have in the last like verts and Toby

What is our plan at the moment if Kane is out?

We are not going to agree over this, if we had that many players who could do a defensive job in M/F we would have had better cover for the defenders last season.

Back