• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

i dont. I think Delph is better than both Fernandinho and Fernando and should be starting every week

That's the point I'm making. Of course he will get games. The only reason people say he won't is because they've not really thought about it, and only think about Rodwell and Sinclair.

Devon knows what's going on inside young Fabian's head.....

next week he will announce he's off to Shamrock Rovers on a free.

Either way I would wager both Sterling & Delph will regret these moves in the not to distant future....and as far as City Fans go....for a side aspiring to dominate domestically and introduce itself as a European powerhouse is signing F. Delph worth getting excited about?

why do our medicals take 3 days and everyone else manage to get everything done in 3 hours

Yarmolenko was linked to us and Liverpool towards the end of the season but the money quoted was around the £20 million mark. He probably is someone we could've looked at, but I haven't seen much info on us going for anyone to challenge Lamela other than the half arsed Mirallas links. If Stoke get him they will be in with a very good shout of breaking into the 5-7 group that us and Liverpool sit in.

Good player, but a luxury. Can't rely on him to a) stay fit and b) turn up. All the ability in the world, just lacks consistency. A bit of a YouTube footballer

Good player, but a luxury. Can't rely on him to a) stay fit and b) turn up. All the ability in the world, just lacks consistency. A bit of a YouTube footballer
You mean Jovetic, I presume and not Delph?
I agree Jovetic is a bit injury prone and therefore a gamble, but that is why he is available to us, and as gambles go, it is a 'Class Gamble'.

Not a mid-table, squad filling, Balance-sheet fitting mediocre gamble.

That's my impression of Jovetic too; can score great goals but is not a great goalscorer, bit of a luxury, when it all goes well or you are already 3-0 up he can turn it on but I wouldn't trust him at crunch time.

Why don't we just give up straight away. Apparently no players are good enough for Spurs. I bet quite a few would complain if we got Messi and Ronaldo on a free, as They'd make it more difficult for our youth players to get game time.....

I think the point is quite specifically that there is no use buying yet more mediocre players and that, if we buy, we should only buy excellence.

So, albeit that you were being facetious, the likes of Messi and Ronaldo clearly qualify while the likes of Moses and McCarthy don't.

Why don't we just give up straight away. Apparently no players are good enough for Spurs. I bet quite a few would complain if we got Messi and Ronaldo on a free, as They'd make it more difficult for our youth players to get game time.....

You do have a point, there are always those who do not like certain players as most signings are not 100% applauded, although I doubt that would be the case with you two examples ;). If the manager wants a player and decides to buy him we should accept that he probably knows more then us ( the fans).

Some people are just fed up of 'winning' the transfer window year after year celebrating signing hyped up players that fail to perform.
The majority of the players we sign are no better than the ones we already have most are worse.

Back