• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I'd carry Dembele on my back the whole way up the A1 to be rid of him.

Apparently the thing that works in our favour is that Advocaat was one of his managers at AZ (as was Koeman). We saw with Paulinho how powerful a pull that can be.

When we signed those players wth the Bale lol eh though every single one was held in very high regard

We didn't sign players who hadn't proven themselves in their respective leagues, we signed top players from within their league with the view that they would settle and playe that well in ours

It didn't work but it doesn'talways work out

Chadli and Eriksen have been a success and a big one IMO
Crapoue, chriches and Paulinho failures
Soldado a failure
Lamella the jury's still out

But they all still have some residual value and it was a case at the time of having to buy the players before we got taxed on the money

I'd carry Dembele on my back the whole way up the A1 to be rid of him.

Apparently the thing that works in our favour is that Advocaat was one of his managers at AZ (as was Koeman). We saw with Paulinho how powerful a pull that can be.

Who would you replace him with though?

When we signed those players wth the Bale lol eh though every single one was held in very high regard

We didn't sign players who hadn't proven themselves in their respective leagues, we signed top players from within their league with the view that they would settle and playe that well in ours

It didn't work but it doesn'talways work out

Chadli and Eriksen have been a success and a big one IMO
Crapoue, chriches and Paulinho failures
Soldado a failure
Lamella the jury's still out

But they all still have some residual value and it was a case at the time of having to buy the players before we got taxed on the money

Indeed and I do not remember many Spurs fans bitching about the signings then. Hindsight is a gift that is so easy to throw about when things do not turn out for the best.

Indeed and I do not remember many Spurs fans bitching about the signings then. Hindsight is a gift that is so easy to throw about when things do not turn out for the best.

There are plenty of things I would have done in hindsight...

But I didn't do them first time round for a reason

It annoys me when people moan without raising it at the time

There were plenty of poster questioning Chiriches, Paulinho, Capoue and Chadli when they joined.
Go back and read the threads in the archives.

Nonsense if you think Vertonghen and Dembele have been successful transfers at Tottenham you don't have any standards.
Dier has done nothing yet.

How do you define successful? They've both been first team regulars since they joined (Dembele less so last season), have largely played well since they joined and we would at least recoup our money on them if they were sold.

I ike Dembele, frustrating, but I like him - would rather lose 7, or 8 other players than him. But Poch obviously doesn't rate him.

Sell Townsend for a winger. Moses (just for e.g.)
Sell Dembele for a winger/striker. Mirallas (just for e.g.

Leaves us with Moses, Chadli, Eriksen, Pricthard, Mirallas, Lamela for out behind the striker roles. Mirallas as potentially 3rd choice striker. Nice balance.

There were plenty of poster questioning Chiriches, Paulinho, Capoue and Chadli when they joined.
Go back and read the threads in the archives.

I call flimflam!!!! 99% of the people were over the moon including our critics as it meant we had on paper a side to challenge the top

It didn't work out

You will get a poster criticising an individual signing but that's very very few and far between

Nonsense if you think Vertonghen and Dembele have been successful transfers at Tottenham you don't have any standards.
Dier has done nothing yet.

Dier has done as much as john stones has and he had been heralded as a £30m player

Verts has done more than the likes of Lovren for example and look what he went for

A plate for me is a a success if we improve as a side and/or their value actually goes up

How do you define successful? They've both been first team regulars since they joined (Dembele less so last season), have largely played well since they joined and we would at least recoup our money on them if they were sold.

Vertonghen is the senior defender in a defence that keeps conceding.
Dembele has 4 good games a season.

I couldn't care less about recouping money. We would be better off letting Levy invest the money in that case. And anyway they'd make a loss with the 3-4m a year they are on.

London 24 Sport understand that Tottenham have opened talks with Atletico Madrid for midfielder Mario Suarez.

£8,500,000 release clause triggered.

London 24 Sport understand that Tottenham have opened talks with Atletico Madrid for midfielder Mario Suarez.

£8,500,000 release clause triggered.

yeah seen this rumour to.

know much about Mario Suarez? because I dont....isnt he an enforcer in say the Mascherano mold?

I couldn't care less about recouping money. We would be better off letting Levy invest the money in that case. And anyway they'd make a loss with the 3-4m a year they are on.

Rubbish

Plenty of top teams whisk take both players as they are very good footballers

I ike Dembele, frustrating, but I like him - would rather lose 7, or 8 other players than him. But Poch obviously doesn't rate him.

Sell Townsend for a winger. Moses (just for e.g.)
Sell Dembele for a winger/striker. Mirallas (just for e.g.

Leaves us with Moses, Chadli, Eriksen, Pricthard, Mirallas, Lamela for out behind the striker roles. Mirallas as potentially 3rd choice striker. Nice balance.
I think Poch is still a little undecided about Dembele. He was used as a starter (sparingly) and a sub frequently enough so he's far from written him off. I think he's waiting for him to show him more, as are we all really, but I would be surprised to see him moved on.

If the criteria for whether a signing is successful or not is whether you rate them then you are probably right. I was trying to use a less subjective method.

Dembele most frustrating player ever .. Great power and strength but no end product assist wise or goals scored .. Just doesn't do enough to go into top bracket .. Can see him sold if good offer is on table .. Without question . If we have top player lined up in his place then I wud take it

Back