• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: PFA Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year: Gareth Bale

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

It's only the third time that a player has won both PFA awards after Andy Gray (76-77) and Cristiano Ronaldo (06-07).

Well done Gareth.

Richly deserved. =D>

anyone got a compilation of his feats this season? just want to savour it before he leaves

don't know why, his win brought a tear to mine eyes. good job lad!

608574-gareth-bale.jpg

http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com...a-player-of-the-year-vertonghen-also-named-to

Hearteningly, Gareth took the time to say a few nice things about his side and manager Andre Villas-Boas after accepting the award.

"When you look at the list there are some massive names on it and the other nominees have been unbelievable this year, but I couldn't have done it without the team.

They have been fantastic this year and so has the manager (Andre Villas-Boas).

"I couldn't have won it without them so I would like to give them all a big thank you as well."

More niceness:

At PFA dinner. Gareth Bale gets huge hug from AVB as he goes up to accept Young POTY. Bale notes: 'I used to play on the wing' #thfc
— Henry Winter (@henrywinter) April 28, 2013

The RAWK hate machine should be in overdrive now.

I cannot believe how stupid some people are.

This isn't vote by football fans, journalists or the Falkland Islanders. This is a vote by professional footballers. You know, the ones Lovely Luis racially abused, bit, snarled at. They don't like him very much. So they probably won't vote for him.

Maybe the odd one or two who thinks "negrito" is harmless fun, and biting someone's arm is just being creative. But John Terry's vote will only count once Luis, and not sure if Joey Bartons postal vote got in on time.

Better luck in scumbag of the year, victim of the year, ban of the year, teeth of the year yadayadaya

anyone got a compilation of his feats this season? just want to savour it before he leaves

Haven't seen any for this season only, but this one is pretty sick and got most of the highs from this season in it as well

[video=youtube_share;K-48EfGjpdk]http://youtu.be/K-48EfGjpdk[/video]

What the f*ck is up with people who make these videos? I don't want some stupid effect that makes me feel like I have glaucoma or music that makes me want to shove broken bottles in my ears!!!

What the f*ck is up with people who make these videos? I don't want some stupid effect that makes me feel like I have glaucoma

Lazy effect to disguise the black bars at the bottom of some of the clips as they're in different aspect ratios that he couldn't be arsed converting

or music that makes me want to shove broken bottles in my ears!!!

Its to disguise the inconsistent commentary language and audio levels.

player of the year is a straight out poll.
how do they decide the team of the year?

Well done Bale for winning both the PFA POTY and YPOTY awards. =D>

I was very confident he would win either the PFA or FWA POTY awards. It was not difficult to see why. He won the 2011 PFA award based on his 2 performances against Inter Milan in CL. This season he has been brilliant for longer period, against many big teams and also scored more goals as well. Almost all his goals have been world class as well. The fact RVP won both awards last season and Suarez involved in controversies means Bale was always going to be the favourite to win it.

i mean how do they decide how many defenders/midfielders/strikers make the cut?
who decides if its 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 or 3-5-2?

I think they just shoehorn a reasonable formation around the best players.

Back