• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I really dont like this Bale will stay if we get champions league football comment, i thought he would stay whatever for at least one more year.

I really dont like this Bale will stay if we get champions league football comment, i thought he would stay whatever for at least one more year.

I think he will stay for at least one more year whatever happens.

He's younger than when Modric and Berba moved on.
He's got a young kid.
He still goes home to Wales whenever he can (apparently)
He's playing well, doing well and getting recognition.
He may have no inclination to move abroad.
There are a very limited number of clubs that could afford him.
Plus, if we do get CL then that should suffice for a year anyway.

Either way, he's already given us 6 years so that's a good amount of service already so I wouldn't begrudge him a move, much as I don't want him to leave.

I think he will stay for at least one more year whatever happens.

He's younger than when Modric and Berba moved on.
He's got a young kid.
He still goes home to Wales whenever he can (apparently)
He's playing well, doing well and getting recognition.
He may have no inclination to move abroad.
There are a very limited number of clubs that could afford him.
Plus, if we do get CL then that should suffice for a year anyway.

Either way, he's already given us 6 years so that's a good amount of service already so I wouldn't begrudge him a move, much as I don't want him to leave.

I'm pretty sure he's stated previously he'd like to play abroad at some point...

At the end of the day the aim for Spurs to get into the Champions League is to attract the bigger named players. Problem we have is that Levy won't pay out for the bigger named players so it really will not be too much of a disaster if we don't qualify. Gareth will be off to Real Madrid and so will AVB. When and if the latter happens I will call myself an ex Spurs fan. What is the point of making so much progress in what we have become only to grab a wad of notes off the highest bidder and fudge it all up.

At the end of the day the aim for Spurs to get into the Champions League is to attract the bigger named players. Problem we have is that Levy won't pay out for the bigger named players so it really will not be too much of a disaster if we don't qualify. Gareth will be off to Real Madrid and so will AVB. When and if the latter happens I will call myself an ex Spurs fan. What is the point of making so much progress in what we have become only to grab a wad of notes off the highest bidder and fudge it all up.

yeah whats the point in supporting a side that can't break the top 4

right, so losing our manager and best player to the biggest club in the world who can afford to spend 50%+ of our entire turnover on single transfers would be enough for you to give up on supporting Spurs?

im sure the club would be devastated with your decision

Last edited:

Gareth Bale is now just one goal shy of being the first Spurs player to score 20 Premier League goals in a season since Jurgen Klinsmann in 1994-95.

I agree we have a world class player yet.... Seems biggest thing on agenda has been and is selling him as opposed to buying other decent players and adding to the squad. Get all defensive all you want but I'm fed
Up with levy apologists who won't even criticise fact didn't being another forward in summer. Almost as
Tragic as Liverpool fans backing Suarez regardless.

P.S any one wanting a hissy fit just pm me no need to clog up the thread ;)

Although the PFA Player of the Year Award won’t be officially announced until Sunday night, The Sun newspaper is reporting that Gareth Bale has won the award and has achieved the honor of winning it for the second time alongside other two-time winners Thierry Henry, Alan Shearer and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Although the PFA Player of the Year Award won’t be officially announced until Sunday night, The Sun newspaper is reporting that Gareth Bale has won the award and has achieved the honor of winning it for the second time alongside other two-time winners Thierry Henry, Alan Shearer and Cristiano Ronaldo.

i really hope he wins this because winning it a third time with us might be enough reason for him to stay.

i really hope he wins this because winning it a third time with us might be enough reason for him to stay.

Doubt it would make any difference really. If anything might make him think about a move away to a high profile club where he may have a shot at world player of the year someday.

don't think Bale's the kind to harbour hopes of world domination.
first player to win three PFA Awards - in the security and warmth of his family and friends - i think that's big enough a goal for him to go for. which better club than spurs?

I think Bale deserves to win not only the PFA and Young Player of The Year awards but also the FWA award as well. Remember Ginola won both the PFA and FWA award when we were a mid table team. Bale's impact has really helped us to fight for top 4 places all season. I think neutrals have also enjoyed watching Bale more than the likes of Van Persie or Suarez. All of his goals have been of world class quality as well.

Last edited:

I think Bale deserves to win not only the PFA and Young Player of The Year awards but also the FWA award as well. Remember Ginola won both the PFA and FWA award when we were a mid table team. Bale's impact has really helped us to fight for top 4 places all season. I think neutrals have also enjoyed watching Bale more than the likes of Van Persie or Suarez. All of his goals have been of world class quality as well.

Erm.......

8686311456_295cd90423_o.gif

:D

Back