• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

£30m er ok then hahahahaha

GARETH BALE is a target for incoming Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola.

The ex-Barcelona manager is ready to go head-to-head with old rivals Real Madrid in a battle to capture the £30million-rated Spurs star.

Guardiola, who takes over at the German champions in the summer, is a huge fan of the Welsh wizard.

He was already tracking Bale more than a year ago before he took 12 months out of the game after stepping down at Barcelona.

Since then Bale, 23, has taken his game to even higher levels.

His displays have established him as one of the hottest properties in European football.

Tottenham insist their star asset is not for sale.

But Spurs will surely have to clinch Champions League football next season to have any hope of keeping one of Europe’s most exciting attackers.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ale-on-Bayerns-wanted-list.html#ixzz2R1U4H8cu

You just have to laugh at these so called journo's

Emirates Marketing Project have entered the race for Gareth Bale but Tottenham want a world-record fee of £100m for the Wales international. Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Paris St-Germain are also chasing Bale.

Full story: The Sun

Alternatively, Tottenham will consider letting winger Bale leave for a fee of £65m.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

The Sun and The Mirror. Not the highest of journalistic standards! Mind you, I don't think many of the dailies have now anyway.

I think Gareth is still not the finished article.
It would not harm his career to spend another season here. In fact I think it would help it.
I personally believe he will stay here for many more years

£30m er ok then hahahahaha

GARETH BALE is a target for incoming Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola.

The ex-Barcelona manager is ready to go head-to-head with old rivals Real Madrid in a battle to capture the £30million-rated Spurs star.

Guardiola, who takes over at the German champions in the summer, is a huge fan of the Welsh wizard.

He was already tracking Bale more than a year ago before he took 12 months out of the game after stepping down at Barcelona.

Since then Bale, 23, has taken his game to even higher levels.

His displays have established him as one of the hottest properties in European football.

Tottenham insist their star asset is not for sale.

But Spurs will surely have to clinch Champions League football next season to have any hope of keeping one of Europe’s most exciting attackers.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ale-on-Bayerns-wanted-list.html#ixzz2R1U4H8cu

30m ? Find it laughable. Don't know how they come up with that figure. It must be a typing mistake. Surely, they cannot be that stupid.

Looked much better out wide. Got the assist and the goal from out there. Brilliant second half display when Siggurdson come off.

We are a one man team. With him we can beat teams, look much more threatening. But the midfield shuffle in today's game made things very positive for us. He can play wide, or central, he's picking his position and understanding development of the game very well.

André Villas-Boas says he has the assurance of the Tottenham Hotspur board that Gareth Bale will not be sold if the club can qualify for next season's Champions League.

Bale is one of the game's hottest properties and Villas-Boas accepts that the 23-year-old needs to play in Europe's elite competition. Were Tottenham to finish outside the top four, the manager has admitted it would be difficult to satisfy Bale's ambition at White Hart Lane.

But Villas-Boas took the positive line before Tottenham's fixture at Wigan Athletic on Saturday when he was asked about Bale's future and, specifically, whether he had been given any assurances regarding him staying if Champions League football could be secured. "I think so," Villas-Boas said. "That's the information that I have from the club. It has come from the club."

"The club is committed to keeping the best assets," he added. "That's the only way that we can ensure that we are in the top four every year. Gareth is part of that project bearing in mind that he has been amazing this season. Hopefully, we can develop him to a greater extent. We get the buzz from working with great players and Gareth has developed into a great player, so I couldn't be happier."

Tottenham's bullishness about their prospects of keeping Bale from the clutches of Europe's top clubs this summer, chief among them Real Madrid, takes in the player's happiness at White Hart Lane; the fact that he has youth on his side; the likely presence of interested bidders for years to come; and also their abiliity to price predators out of the market.

The chairman, Daniel Levy, has maintained that it would take Cristiano Ronaldo money even to tempt him to part with his prized asset – a figure of close to the £80m that Real paid to Manchester United for the Portugal forward in 2009. – Levy is not a man to back down from the prices that he quotes and it is unclear whether any club could stretch so high.

Bale is odds-on to be named as the PFA's Player of the Year on Sunday night, after a stunning season in which he has scored 23 times for Tottenham, plus five more for Wales, and developed his game to include being a threat from a central attacking role. He is under contract until 2016 but the club are expected to offer him fresh terms in the summer to reflect his soaring status. He already earns in excess of £100,000 a week.

Plenty could yet hinge on Tottenham's final five matches, in which they will attempt to finish above Chelsea, Arsenal or both to reach the Champions League for only the second time, and Bale's focus does not extend beyond the target.

"Gareth has had a major development this year," Villas-Boas said. "He has played in so many positions and has had such a big impact in those positions. We are happy that he has been nominated [for the PFA award] and we would be even happier if he was to win.

"Although the recognition is individual, the team have helped him to have this wonderful year and they would feel good for Gareth. They are an excellent group and everything they have spoken about Gareth is with respect."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/26/gareth-bale-tottenham-villas-boas

But do you think this is only due to Lennon's ability or also due to the fact we have no replacement for him whatsoever?

Well i would say its down not only to his ability but also his work rate, we do need back up for him but i believe we would not find anyone as good as him prepared to be that.

André Villas-Boas says he has the assurance of the Tottenham Hotspur board that Gareth Bale will not be sold if the club can qualify for next season's Champions League.

Bale is one of the game's hottest properties and Villas-Boas accepts that the 23-year-old needs to play in Europe's elite competition. Were Tottenham to finish outside the top four, the manager has admitted it would be difficult to satisfy Bale's ambition at White Hart Lane.

But Villas-Boas took the positive line before Tottenham's fixture at Wigan Athletic on Saturday when he was asked about Bale's future and, specifically, whether he had been given any assurances regarding him staying if Champions League football could be secured. "I think so," Villas-Boas said. "That's the information that I have from the club. It has come from the club."

"The club is committed to keeping the best assets," he added. "That's the only way that we can ensure that we are in the top four every year. Gareth is part of that project bearing in mind that he has been amazing this season. Hopefully, we can develop him to a greater extent. We get the buzz from working with great players and Gareth has developed into a great player, so I couldn't be happier."

Tottenham's bullishness about their prospects of keeping Bale from the clutches of Europe's top clubs this summer, chief among them Real Madrid, takes in the player's happiness at White Hart Lane; the fact that he has youth on his side; the likely presence of interested bidders for years to come; and also their abiliity to price predators out of the market.

The chairman, Daniel Levy, has maintained that it would take Cristiano Ronaldo money even to tempt him to part with his prized asset – a figure of close to the £80m that Real paid to Manchester United for the Portugal forward in 2009. – Levy is not a man to back down from the prices that he quotes and it is unclear whether any club could stretch so high.

Bale is odds-on to be named as the PFA's Player of the Year on Sunday night, after a stunning season in which he has scored 23 times for Tottenham, plus five more for Wales, and developed his game to include being a threat from a central attacking role. He is under contract until 2016 but the club are expected to offer him fresh terms in the summer to reflect his soaring status. He already earns in excess of £100,000 a week.

Plenty could yet hinge on Tottenham's final five matches, in which they will attempt to finish above Chelsea, Arsenal or both to reach the Champions League for only the second time, and Bale's focus does not extend beyond the target.

"Gareth has had a major development this year," Villas-Boas said. "He has played in so many positions and has had such a big impact in those positions. We are happy that he has been nominated [for the PFA award] and we would be even happier if he was to win.

"Although the recognition is individual, the team have helped him to have this wonderful year and they would feel good for Gareth. They are an excellent group and everything they have spoken about Gareth is with respect."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/26/gareth-bale-tottenham-villas-boas

So we'll guarantee we'll keep him if you make champions league but we won't actually back you in January to help guarantee champions league. Typical levy. 'I tried' . Goodbye Gareth.

So we'll guarantee we'll keep him if you make champions league but we won't actually back you in January to help guarantee champions league. Typical levy. 'I tried' . Goodbye Gareth.

Eh?

We're still well in the hunt for a CL place.

Re January, do you know for a fact which players AVB most wanted? Do you know for a fact how much those players would have cost and how much Spurs could have afforded? Do you know for a fact that those players were even available mid season?

In each case, the answer is an emphatic "no". So why get worked up about it?

Costs? We needed a striker. Full stop. Loan a young one an old one a cheap one maybe heaven forbid an expensive one.....none. Avb not backed simple as that. He wanted leandro. Proves he wanted a striker. We didn't get one.

love the way AVB always seem to center his talks around the team.

Costs? We needed a striker. Full stop. Loan a young one an old one a cheap one maybe heaven forbid an expensive one.....none. Avb not backed simple as that. He wanted leandro. Proves he wanted a striker. We didn't get one.

And if Internacional were demanding silly money for a player who has proven nothing, would you have wanted Levy to have caved in?

I'm desperate for Spurs to sign a striker. I was one of a minority in a thread back in December / January who said that that was the position that we most needed to strengthen and improve (while most argued that a creatve midfielder was our greatest need).

But I don't want us to sign the wrong strikers or even the right strikers for the wrong money. We can't think only of the short term.

Back