• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: PFA Player's Award Nominations

Baines and even Verts should have been in there. But then it's always been an 'attacking player of the year' award.

Michu, Cazorla, Verts....this will never be a legitimate list if Carrick and Hazard get in ahead of these players.

Agree about Michu, but Cazorla has gone missing far too often in the big games to be up for consideration.

Cazorla has carried Arsenal to several 1-goal wins this season, in the first half of the season especially he was far and away their best player.

Re: Gareth Bale

Emirates Marketing Project are a step up in class from Everton and Basel. And our defense in recent games hasn't inspired me with confidence so can see us needing at least 2-3 goals to win. Not too many teams beat the top teams without their best player.

to be fair, we scored two goals in each of the matches Bale and Lennon missed...I think we need the defence to be water-right/not have Brad in there!!!!!

Bale is 23 now but still get nominated for Young Player Of The Year award ? Always thought that award is only for those 21 and below. I think it is not fair to include those over 21 into the Young player category as almost all players mature once they reach 21 and above.

Bale is 23 now but still get nominated for Young Player Of The Year award ? Always thought that award is only for those 21 and below. I think it is not fair to include those over 21 into the Young player category as almost all players mature once they reach 21 and above.

Milner won it at the age of 24.

Should be lowered by two years, but that's the current age limit and Bale's clearly the best of the nominated "youngsters"
Hopefully they'll change it soon, with the new 25 man squad rule they should only allow the the players defined as U21 to be nominated and win the Young Player of the Year award

When it comes to the nominated, I think Baines should have been in there in stead of Hazard.
While there's at least 10 (de Gea, Rafael, Nastasic, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Oscar etc.) I'd have in stead of Wheelchair and Welbeck for the Young Player award - even Walcott is "young" enough.

Back