• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: PFA Player's Award Nominations

I think its a good list of players. I would say Hazard definitely shouldn't win. Mata and Carrick have both been outstanding but can't see them winning. It's hard to say Suarez because well no one actually likes him. RVP was on fire early season but has really dried up. I think Bale has got a fair shout. It's been his best season of his career by far.

These awards are always biased towards strikers & attacking midfielders.

Not one goalkeeper, defender or defensive midfielder receive a nomination and together they represent over half of a football team.

But I would agree that the list is a fair reflection of the best attacking players this season.

PFA Awards have always been a joke since Giggs won it.

The fudge are Hazard and Carrick doing there for the main award? Should quite easily be both Michu and Cazorla. Don't even get me started on the Young Player of the Year.. Wheelchair really? He's been injured, let me guess, he's there because he's English and plays for Arsenal? Danny Welbeck? I can't :lol: Nastasic should easily be there and I'd say Luke Shaw or Morgan Schneiderlin have a claim.

I'd agree Wheelchair shouldn't be in but Carrick should, he's been class. His position as a holding midfielder will always hamper him in contention for such awards though....

I understand Carrick's role and how good he has been but ahead of Michu who has come in to a mid table side, got 15+ league goals for them and guided them to a Cup final in which they won? No fudging way is Carrick on that list.

I'd have had:

Bale win PFA
Nastasic win PFA Young Player.

But considering that isn't how it's turned out:

Mata win PFA
Bale win PFA Young Player.

Speaking of Serbian players, I wish I could get Levy to look at Lazar Markovic from Partizan Belgrade. Will be an incredible striker in my opinion. 20, a regular in Partizan and the national team.

I said the same a few years ago about Ivanovic before Chelsea snapped him up...damnit.

If we're going by stats than Baines should be there. Baines has created the most chances in Europe this season, which is surely more valuable?

Hazard shouldn't be in the Player of the Year Award, goes missing a lot of the time, then suddenly turns it on against brick teams.
Wheelchair? :lol:

If we're going by stats than Baines should be there. Baines has created the most chances in Europe this season, which is surely more valuable?

Indeed but Baines doesn't play for one of Sky Sports favoured teams so no chance of him winning any awards no matter what he does at unfashionable Everton.

I can see why Carrick is in there, it doesn't have to be because of stats, but simply because he does a damned good job. Quality player.

I think the issue is how the hell has Eden Hazard got in there ahead of Michu? I don't think Carzola needs to be there as he hasn't been all that consistent at certain parts of the season, but Michu pretty much has been a revelation. I don't really know what Hazard has done, beyond have a decent first season in the league. Certainly isn't in the running for best player.

Would love Bale to win again but I think Van Persie should and will win it. Stupid that its decided now and not at the end off the season.

Surprised Fellaini isn't in there.

Benteke should win young player. Can't believe Welbeck is nominated, the guy is so average it's not funny.

Welbeck's not average, anyone who saw his performances against Madrid can see that. He shouldn't be on the list of nominations but he's still a very good young player. He'd walk into our side right now.

Welbeck's not average, anyone who saw his performances against Madrid can see that. He shouldn't be on the list of nominations but he's still a very good young player. He'd walk into our side right now.

He has about 1 or 2 great games a season and everyone proclaims him a good player. What about the rest of the games? He has 2 league goals all season playing for the best team in the league. He is essentially the new Heskey.

Probably right about him walking into our side though on current form.

Hesky's not average, anyone who saw his performances can see that. He shouldn't be on the list of nominations but he's still a very good young player. He'd walk into our side right now.

This is voted for by the players, isn't it? Shows how much they know.

408.jpg

He's been the best LB in the Prem head and shoulders but I feel those other names had significantly more impact on their respective sides (bar Azaaaar)

Back