• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

PFA Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year: Gareth Bale

Twitter / WhoScored: Gareth Bale: Has scored more goals from outside the penalty area (7) than any other PL player this season and more than 9 of the 20 PL teams =D>

Gareth Bale and Robin van Persie lead PFA Player of the Year nominees | Arsenal News, Fixtures, Transfers, Results | Sky Sports Football

Gareth Bale and Robin van Persie are in the running for a second PFA Player of the Year award after a six-man shortlist was revealed.

The 2013 winner will be announced at a dinner in London later this month with Van Persie's Manchester United team-mate Michael Carrick, Liverpool's Luis Suarez and Chelsea duo Eden Hazard and Juan Mata the other nominees.

Bale - the 4/11 favourite with Sky Bet - was crowned in 2011 but has hit career-best form this term, with his thrilling bursts of speed and 17 Premier League goals inspiring Tottenham's Champions League charge.

...Bale and Hazard are also nominated for the Young Player of the Year award with Christian Benteke, Romelu Lukaku, Danny Welbeck and Jack Wheelchair completing the list.

Last edited:
Re: Gareth Bale

Well done - not a surprise he's nominated though. Could he get both awards??

I'd say it's between Bale, RVP and Suarez for the main award, and Bale, Lukaku and Wheelchair for the other.

I'd say it's between Bale, RVP and Suarez for the main award, and Bale, Lukaku and Wheelchair for the other.

Wheelchair is good (even though some people on here think he is not) but if wins the young player award it will be a travesty. Aside from the fact that he has been missing for half the season, has he really made that many telling contributions in matches? I can't remember many.

Logically if Bale wins the senior award should he not also win the young player award too?

“@SkySportsNews: Breaking news: Gareth Bale included in Tottenham's squad against Emirates Marketing Project. #THFC” #COYS

Wheelchair shouldn't even be on the list of nominations. What's he done to dessrve being on there? Same with Welbeck. Those two should've been replaced with Rafael and Nastasic.

PFA Player's Award Nominations

Player of the Season:

Gareth Bale
Michael Carrick
Eden Hazard
Juan Mata
Luis Suarez
Robin Van Persie

Young Player of the Season:

Christian Benteke
Eden Hazard
Gareth Bale
Danny Welbeck
Romelu Lukaku
Jack Wheelchair

Re: PFA Player's Award Nominations

I think its a good list of players. I would say Hazard definitely shouldn't win. Mata and Carrick have both been outstanding but can't see them winning. It's hard to say Suarez because well no one actually likes him. RVP was on fire early season but has really dried up. I think Bale has got a fair shout. It's been his best season of his career by far.

Re: PFA Player's Award Nominations

PFA Awards have always been a joke since Giggs won it.

The fudge are Hazard and Carrick doing there for the main award? Should quite easily be both Michu and Cazorla. Don't even get me started on the Young Player of the Year.. Wheelchair really? He's been injured, let me guess, he's there because he's English and plays for Arsenal? Danny Welbeck? I can't :lol: Nastasic should easily be there and I'd say Luke Shaw or Morgan Schneiderlin have a claim.

Back