• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I can't think of one occasion that our medical staff have accurately predicted the return dates of players.

His ankle will be swollen like a balloon for a couple of days, even with ice on it 24/7.

With the right medical management he will be able to strengthen the ligaments to the extent that he could pass any fitness test but as said before the damage has been done now and it will probably affect him for the rest of his career.

An ankle equivalent of Ledley King's knee?

I can't think of one occasion that our medical staff have accurately predicted the return dates of players.

His ankle will be swollen like a balloon for a couple of days, even with ice on it 24/7.

With the right medical management he will be able to strengthen the ligaments to the extent that he could pass any fitness test but as said before the damage has been done now and it will probably affect him for the rest of his career.

An ankle equivalent of Ledley King's knee?

thing is mate, for them to have been able to do a proper scan today, the swelling had to have gone right down overnight with the immediate treatment he got. Otherwise I suspect you'd be right. I do agree that he will now have to manage that ankle forever. Like the other one I suppose.

Hopefully the next time he's in full flight, sees a 'challenge' coming in and tries to avoid it, people will be a bit more sensitive to his M.O. He will increasingly be targeted by certain ****s in this league for ankle treatment...another warm thank you to Charlie **** Adam for being the President of THAT club!!!

Bale's injury has come at the wrong time for us. Wish he can recover soon. But even if he recover very fast, it is going to take time for him to regain his goal scoring form. Thought he will reach the magical 20 goal mark in the league easily. But not so sure now.

Bale's injury has come at the wrong time for us. Wish he can recover soon. But even if he recover very fast, it is going to take time for him to regain his goal scoring form. Thought he will reach the magical 20 goal mark in the league easily. But not so sure now.

For a while I really thought he could be top Premiership scorer. The run of form that he was enjoying and Van Persie slowing down suggested this as a possibility. Suarez's form and Bale's injury saw the end of that hope.

I just hope we don't rush him back. If he's 80% fit then don't start him. We AREN'T a one man team. Bale coming off the bench isn't a bad thing. I just hope Lennon is okay, I think we'll struggle without at least one of them.

We need him or Lennon on Sunday. City expose a lot of room down the flanks.

it's also where they penetrate. Aguero or Tevez always go out wide, Zaba and Clichy provide superb width too. We need whoever is playing outwide on Sunday to be on there game defensively. The game will still be won in midfield though. that is why I am hoping for a midfield 3 of Dembele, Carroll and Holtby.

thing is mate, for them to have been able to do a proper scan today, the swelling had to have gone right down overnight with the immediate treatment he got. Otherwise I suspect you'd be right. I do agree that he will now have to manage that ankle forever. Like the other one I suppose.

Hopefully the next time he's in full flight, sees a 'challenge' coming in and tries to avoid it, people will be a bit more sensitive to his M.O. He will increasingly be targeted by certain ****s in this league for ankle treatment...another warm thank you to Charlie **** Adam for being the President of THAT club!!!

Pretty sure Muamba fudged up his ankle while he was still 'that liability with the curse and the hairclips', I remember he had a recurrence in that season but it didn't seem to hinder him for another 3 or 4 years. So hopefully the same will be true this time, I think that was his left and this is his right.

I just hope we don't rush him back. If he's 80% fit then don't start him. We AREN'T a one man team. Bale coming off the bench isn't a bad thing. I just hope Lennon is okay, I think we'll struggle without at least one of them.

We ain't winning on Sunday without Bale mate.

Because we've done so badly offensively since he's been injured?

Scored twice in each game. Not that shabby really.

Emirates Marketing Project are a step up in class from Everton and Basel. And our defense in recent games hasn't inspired me with confidence so can see us needing at least 2-3 goals to win. Not too many teams beat the top teams without their best player.

Emirates Marketing Project are a step up in class from Everton and Basel. And our defense in recent games hasn't inspired me with confidence so can see us needing at least 2-3 goals to win. Not too many teams beat the top teams without their best player.

If anything, it's our defence that needs to improve, they have been letting the offensive unit down recently.

Seven conceded in four games is far too slack.

Last edited:

I'd actually take Lennon over Bale for Sunday. We need his defensive work and he's integral to the shape of the team.

Back