• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

i agree about not replacing Lukaku. Iirc they wanted Giroud but Giroud didnt want to leave London. I know the transfer market went beserk in the summer and average players were costing 30-40 mill but there must have been other alternatives they could have gone for.

I was surprised they didnt go for Llorente. I still cant believe he is going to spend a whole season at Spurs with only 5 or 10 mins a game as a sub for Harry. Imo he still has a lot to offer even at his age
Neither would have been particularly good for them imo.

Said it before, but I think people underestimate the impact of a complete striker like Lukaku on a team like Everton. Height, power, pace and goal scoring all in one player. Gives so much flexibility for other positions. No pace in attacking midfield, you can get away with that with Lukaku up there. Similar for height, power and goals.

Without pace Giroud and Llorente would have given them many of the same problems they have now.

Koeman was given the task of actually building a functional attacking unit without Lukaku. Not an easy task, but one he's failed at so far. Quite rightly questions are being asked about his choices.

its not really. Its too easy to buy any old player and simply waste money if you cant get the player you really want. Poch seems to be very careful too. If he cant get the player he truly wants he is prepared to wait and go with what he has even if it means throwing in the kids from time to time.
He is not throwing in the kids he has a huge gap in the squad and not correcting it is close to negligent. Not buying a CM instead of Kieta is fine as they have an adequate MF - not having a second choice CB target (they only perused VDV) is crap either he thinks Lovren & Klavan are good enough for the year or he couldn't identify better for the year until he goes back in for VVD.

overrrated? by who

seriously what has Koeman done to offend you so much. I could understand if he was a cnut, or if he spoke badly about Spurs, or if he publicly acted like a billy big bollox. However he seems to be a quietly spoken guy, doesnt attract the limelight, he just gets on with his job and tbh until this season he has done well in English football. Yes he was a great player and that has helped him i guess get some jobs now as a manager but honestly is that really a reason to go as far as to call him a clown?
Personally I don’t think calling someone a clown is that bad... but each to their own

He can’t really say much publicly because he has achieved nothing as manager to get any respect. What he has said is there aiming to be like us in a few years time with their investment and that’s a sensible comment

What he said wrong recently was when he blamed the players for the defeat in Europe without taking the blame himself

As I said earlier I think he is poor and there on name only. There are some great young managers who never get a sniff as there not a name. It’s a big problem over here and with Football as a whole

The Everton fans I know think they will get ancelotti in to replace him.... now he is a top manager but why would he go there over say Milan who will soon be loooking

Neither would have been particularly good for them imo.

Said it before, but I think people underestimate the impact of a complete striker like Lukaku on a team like Everton. Height, power, pace and goal scoring all in one player. Gives so much flexibility for other positions. No pace in attacking midfield, you can get away with that with Lukaku up there. Similar for height, power and goals.

Without pace Giroud and Llorente would have given them many of the same problems they have now.

Koeman was given the task of actually building a functional attacking unit without Lukaku. Not an easy task, but one he's failed at so far. Quite rightly questions are being asked about his choices.

exactly, not easy at all. Maybe he needs time? The loss of Lukaku was massive as you rightly point out. Imagine having to go out and find a striker to give you height, power, pace as well as goals in this market :eek:. Im surprised Everton didnt bid for Mbappe;)

exactly, not easy at all. Maybe he needs time? The loss of Lukaku was massive as you rightly point out. Imagine having to go out and find a striker to give you height, power, pace as well as goals in this market :eek:. Im surprised Everton didnt bid for Mbappe;)

But they did spend 100 million quid... and only got in a striker for 5 million after he had one great season in Spain

Personally I don’t think calling someone a clown is that bad... but each to their own

He can’t really say much publicly because he has achieved nothing as manager to get any respect. What he has said is there aiming to be like us in a few years time with their investment and that’s a sensible comment

What he said wrong recently was when he blamed the players for the defeat in Europe without taking the blame himself

As I said earlier I think he is poor and there on name only. There are some great young managers who never get a sniff as there not a name. It’s a big problem over here and with Football as a whole

The Everton fans I know think they will get ancelotti in to replace him.... now he is a top manager but why would he go there over say Milan who will soon be loooking

like who?

so you think Koeman is poor as well as being a clown:)......... fair enough. I just dont get it because he couldnt have done any better at Southampton or at Everton last year. I think that deserves a bit of credit but there you go. I guess im a bit more generous.

Ancelloti is a top manager? yep he is but it helps when the only clubs you manage are Juve, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich;)

But they did spend 100 million quid... and only got in a striker for 5 million after he had one great season in Spain

what is 100 million in this transfer market. 2 Kyle Walkers. I dont think Sandro was signed to replace Lukaku. He was a 5 mill punt, squad filler. I really dont know why Koeman, his scouts, the director of football Steve Walsh who they poached from Leicester, couldnt find a decent striker. Strange.

like who?

so you think Koeman is poor as well as being a clown:)......... fair enough. I just dont get it because he couldnt have done any better at Southampton or at Everton last year. I think that deserves a bit of credit but there you go. I guess im a bit more generous.

Ancelloti is a top manager? yep he is but it helps when the only clubs you manage are Juve, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich;)

Gary Rowett is one and Sean Dyche would be another straight away that I can think of... hell their youth set up at veer ton is great and surely the coaches their deserve a chance

You comment about Ancelottis is right though and correlates with what I was saying... its jobs for the boys of the back of a name

Its also ties inwith some comments that @scaramanga and I made about how football doesn't welcome new entrants (@parklane1 was debating the contrary, but thats a whole different convo)

Last edited:
When I read other peoples views about Spurs they tend to be based on a small sample or pre conceived ideas.
I have seen two Everton games this year and a few highlights so I tend to go with what I read on line -similar to Southampton when he was there.

It doesn't help that he thinks the clubs are beneath him.

Gary Rowett is one and Sean Dyche would be another straight away that I can think of... hell their youth set up at veer ton is great and surely the coaches their deserve a chance

You comment about Ancelottis is right though and correlates with what I was saying... its jobs for the boys of the back of a name

Its also tie sing with some comments that @scaramanga and I made about how football doesn't welcome new entrants (@parklane1 was debating the contrary, but thats a whole different convo)

Sean Dyche for sure deserves a crack at a job with Everton. However he like others, big name or not big name, just wouldnt be given the time to succeed judging by the clamour to get rid of their current manager. Thats my point about Koeman, he at least deserves more time to get it right there after the job he did last season but it looks like he wont get it. A few bad results and thats it , you're out. Good luck with that Everton:rolleyes:

Sean Dyche for sure deserves a crack at a job with Everton. However he like others, big name or not big name, just wouldnt be given the time to succeed judging by the clamour to get rid of their current manager. Thats my point about Koeman, he at least deserves more time to get it right there after the job he did last season but it looks like he wont get it. A few bad results and thats it , you're out. Good luck with that Everton:rolleyes:
Cannot argue with the time comments
It’s such a short term view now in the game
We’re seeing so many benefits from being patient and for once our fans are brought into it too

Cannot argue with the time comments
It’s such a short term view now in the game
We’re seeing so many benefits from being patient and for once our fans are brought into it too
The problem with Koeman is that there has been no clear sign of progress or direction in any of the clubs he's been at. What is Koemans philosophy? I certainly don't know or see what he's trying to achieve, and I don't think many others do either

With a manager like Pochettino it's a totally different story. There is a clear path and philosophy in what he is doing, and everyone can see it, which makes it a lot easier to accept and give time to achieve it.

He spent £24m on Klassen, had Rooney in the Squad then went all out to spend £45m on Sigurdsson all to play one position when they didn't have a striker - this is crap.

Majority at Southampton were happy he left inside the club and the fans. Just because they have made bad decisions since does not change that fact, have a word with an Everton fan to see if they will look at what has happened to Southampton since he left and if this makes any difference to their desire to keep him or not.
Isn't Rooney a striker?

Back