• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

bravo.gif
That must make you feel very good about yourself.

Look at the teams Everton met so far. They are the only team to have played the usual suspects in top 5.

Man C, Man U, Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea = 1 point. Pretty much as expected after selling the top scorer + buying everybody.
Burnley, Brighton, Stoke and Bournemouth = 7 points. which is OK for mid-table club.

Koeman deserved more matches against the ordinary sides.

Look at the teams Everton met so far. They are the only team to have played the usual suspects in top 5.

Man C, Man U, Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea = 1 point. Pretty much as expected after selling the top scorer + buying everybody.
Burnley, Brighton, Stoke and Bournemouth = 7 points. which is OK for mid-table club.

Yeah that's fair comment but their games against the top sides showed a massively lack of strategy and tactics

He has changed his side at half time 8 times IIRC

And his actual comments and demeanour publicly was quite shocking

Remember when people on here were questioning whether Pochettino was all that after Koeman took Southampton to a higher league finish :D

Stoke(H) W 1-0
Man C(A) D 1-1
Chelsea(A) L 2-0
Spurs(H) L 0-3
Man U(A) L 4-0
Bournemouth(H) W 2-1
Burnley(H) L 0-1
Brighton(A) D 1-1
Arsenal(H) L 2-5

Scored 7 (Only Swansea, Bournemouth and Palace less)
Conceeded 18 (Only Stoke and Palace more)

When the teams you aspire to match beat you so comprehensively its a huge worrying sign.

And when you are generally just so directionless I think it seals the deal.

Stoke(H) W 1-0
Man C(A) D 1-1
Chelsea(A) L 2-0
Spurs(H) L 0-3
Man U(A) L 4-0
Bournemouth(H) W 2-1
Burnley(H) L 0-1
Brighton(A) D 1-1
Arsenal(H) L 2-5

Scored 7 (Only Swansea, Bournemouth and Palace less)
Conceeded 18 (Only Stoke and Palace more)

When the teams you aspire to match beat you so comprehensively its a huge worrying sign.

And when you are generally just so directionless I think it seals the deal.

Add to those results the poor performances and results in Europe, they have no game plan or confidence. Koeman seem a good manager when things are going well but lacking in the ability to lift his teams when it's getting tough. Under Moyes they were always a team that made you work hard for a victory, they now look clueless. He had to go.

How did he do in Europe? Why is he changing formation every game, its almost like he had no plan and is a clown.

How did he do in Europe? Why is he changing formation every game, its almost like he had no plan and is a clown.

They brought too many new players in. Impossible for them to find their roles and perform at their best from the very start.

In Europe they had 4 qualifier matches which they won 3 and drew 1. In EL they lost to Spanish and Italian teams.

Koeman must curse the fixture list.

they also drew with a 10 man Cypriot team who they were beating 2-1.

They lost to Lyon (French) and the Italian team currently sitting 12th.

thanks, I meant French.

Dortmund drew against a Cypriot team. Lyon is a great team and we all know Italian teams do well in Europe.

11 first team players in during the transfer window, top scorer out. Disaster waiting to happen, and it happened. The board should've given Koeman a handful more games.

Who will they go for now? Moyes?

Raffa sounded a good fit, then I remembered that it wasn't only him deciding to join them that would be a problem - their fans may have something to say about it. Then again George Graham proves anything is possible.

They thought they were signing an under rated star... i thought they were signing a player who spends most of his time reacting to his own errors
I guess they thought they were signing an on the pitch leader type, and I can see that in him sometimes, but as you say his overall play is too error strewn to benefit from any leadership qualities he has. He is certainly not leading by example.

Back