• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

they wanted Siggy long before Rooney was signed. Siggy was lined up to be Barkley's replacement but Swansea were very reluctant to sell so it took longer than expected to get him to Goodison. In hindsight the lateness of the transfer did neither Everton or Swansea a favour.
Where was Klaassen meant to play? The insistence on not changing your targets despite changes in circumstances is a negative imho. Similar to the fact Klopp didn't look for an alternative the VVD when it became clear he couldn't get him its just bad management.

he is not a clown, i think that is immensely rude tbh. Why is he a clown? Just look back to what happened with us when we sold Bale and signed 7 players. We didnt replace bale's influence and goals and Everton have failed to find someone to replace Lukaku. How do they go about replacing a striker guaranteeing 20 goals a season. How many years and flops did we endure before we struck gold with Harry?

a team of number tens? like who? Rooney and Sigurdssen. Does that constitute a team?

Koeman did a very good job with Southampton, and he made Everton very respectable last season too. What Everton need to do is give him time imo.

What has he ever done as a manager???

The guy is so overrated it’s actually quite scary

He never lasts anywhere difficult as he has no ideas but because he has a name people like him

And don’t forget last season was Lukakus only season with over 20 league goals so it’s not like they had a regular 20 game striker to replace

And number 10s everywhere unless Klaasen isn’t one, or siggy, or mirales or Rooney or the young English lad (who looks their best bet)

Barkley told them he wanted to leave for Spurs and then went and got injured for 3 months. They had to find a replacement. Rooney was a mistake but i wonder who was behind that signing. There were rumours at the time that the owner and boardroom were instrumental in bringing Rooney back.

everyone at Southampton were happy he left? :) look whats happened to them since he left.

Well they got to a final when he left which they hadn’t been too in a Very long time

Barkley told them he wanted to leave for Spurs and then went and got injured for 3 months. They had to find a replacement. Rooney was a mistake but i wonder who was behind that signing. There were rumours at the time that the owner and boardroom were instrumental in bringing Rooney back.

everyone at Southampton were happy he left? :) look whats happened to them since he left.
Big problems after a manager leaves doesn't speak well of the manager imo. When Pochettino left Southampton they were in great shape because of everything he had done for the club.

Not replacing Lukaku was terrible. Stocking the team with a bunch of #10s with no pace just makes it worse.

Will be interesting to see if he can turn this around. Big job for sure.

they wanted Siggy long before Rooney was signed. Siggy was lined up to be Barkley's replacement but Swansea were very reluctant to sell so it took longer than expected to get him to Goodison. In hindsight the lateness of the transfer did neither Everton or Swansea a favour.

Regardless of when interest in Siggy started, having signed Rooney already meant signing Siggy is a bad idea.

What would that team be doing now with £45m woth of striker instead?

A number nine that's lost his pace doesn't necessarily make him a ten. They'd be better off playing Rooney up front if they haven't replaced Lukaku.

Rooney hasnt been a proper striker for a long time. He might do ok for a spell up front, but in reality I think its an entirely valid point to look at him and Sigurdsson as being for the same position. Klassen possibly as well.

Regardless of when interest in Siggy started, having signed Rooney already meant signing Siggy is a bad idea.

What would that team be doing now with £45m woth of striker instead?

like i said, Rooney seems to have been forced upon Koeman. He wanted Siggy and was right to insist on the signing because long term he is more important to Everton than Rooney.

Forced or not, its folly to load up on too many players in a single position.

Especially when you just brought a player with the profile of Rooney. THEN spending £45m on a player that essentially does the same job just invites problems.

It was a bad move, particularly in the context of not having a meaningful striker at the club. The money should have 100% been spent there and not on Sigurdsson.

Big problems after a manager leaves doesn't speak well of the manager imo. When Pochettino left Southampton they were in great shape because of everything he had done for the club.

when Poch left southampton so did Boruc, Lambert, Lovren, Shaw and Lallana in the same summer That was half of Poch's team. Plus he had to deal the whole summer with Schneiderlin wanting to join Spurs. Despite all that the club made some decent buys and went on to finish the season with more points than Poch managed in his final year and finished higher in 7th place. Plus the season after despite selling to more of Poch's team in Schneiderlin and Clyne they went on to do even better by finishing 6th with more points than the season before.

Koeman left the club in a healthy state imo

Not replacing Lukaku was terrible. Stocking the team with a bunch of #10s with no pace just makes it worse.

Will be interesting to see if he can turn this around. Big job for sure.

i agree about not replacing Lukaku. Iirc they wanted Giroud but Giroud didnt want to leave London. I know the transfer market went beserk in the summer and average players were costing 30-40 mill but there must have been other alternatives they could have gone for.

I was surprised they didnt go for Llorente. I still cant believe he is going to spend a whole season at Spurs with only 5 or 10 mins a game as a sub for Harry. Imo he still has a lot to offer even at his age

What has he ever done as a manager???

The guy is so overrated it’s actually quite scary

He never lasts anywhere difficult as he has no ideas but because he has a name people like him

And don’t forget last season was Lukakus only season with over 20 league goals so it’s not like they had a regular 20 game striker to replace

And number 10s everywhere unless Klaasen isn’t one, or siggy, or mirales or Rooney or the young English lad (who looks their best bet)

overrrated? by who

seriously what has Koeman done to offend you so much. I could understand if he was a cnut, or if he spoke badly about Spurs, or if he publicly acted like a billy big bollox. However he seems to be a quietly spoken guy, doesnt attract the limelight, he just gets on with his job and tbh until this season he has done well in English football. Yes he was a great player and that has helped him i guess get some jobs now as a manager but honestly is that really a reason to go as far as to call him a clown?

Where was Klaassen meant to play? The insistence on not changing your targets despite changes in circumstances is a negative imho. Similar to the fact Klopp didn't look for an alternative the VVD when it became clear he couldn't get him its just bad management.

its not really. Its too easy to buy any old player and simply waste money if you cant get the player you really want. Poch seems to be very careful too. If he cant get the player he truly wants he is prepared to wait and go with what he has even if it means throwing in the kids from time to time.

Back