• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

He’s really not. But he’s got a shaved head and looks ‘passionate’ so seems to get a far easier ride than he deserves.

Actually he is, unlike Royale, Dier can actually whip in good crosses from the right flank. You are simply tinkled off by Dier's mistake for their second goal so your bitterness towards him is clouding your objectivity

Royale is better in his best role - defending on the flanks - than Dier is (whatever his best role is).
I'd be surprised if we sold Dier for more money than Royale even though there is a premium for English players.
Both are good enough to make our squad bench, but not good enough as starters if we want to win something.

The first player in the team we need to replace if we’re serious about wanting to be a real top team…. Is hidden away in a back 3 even though he is poor on the ball and still costs us goals anyway. Let’s go out and get a proper physical defender like Ndicka and be brave and play him and Romero and start trying to win games instead of trying not to lose them.

Ndicka? Not good enough. Sorry, upgrade if you want, but make it an upgrade.

Dier is better on the ball than Royal, he's played much better balls out from the back in these last few games at rcb than Royal ever would.
He's also played more passes directly to the opposition than Royal ever would. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Think that's unfair. He hit some great balls over TAA's head yesterday to Sess. Stuff Emerson just isn't capable of. He also looked like he could cross the ball in a way Royal can't.
It's not unfair. Yes Dier can pass the ball forward more adventurously than Royale no doubt. But he also gives the ball directly to the opposition way more than Royale ever does and we are talking simple passes not 30 yard long taking through balls, just simple bread and butter passes. He does it pretty much every game and it's something I've noticed never gets picked up on.

His passing in general is fine. According to the Premier League stats he's made 71 accurate long passes. That's better than the greatest defender ever, VVD.
He put in a couple of great crosses in the second half yesterday when he start pushing up on the right wing.

His passing in general is fine. According to the Premier League stats he's made 71 accurate long passes. That's better than the greatest defender ever, VVD.
He put in a couple of great crosses in the second half yesterday when he start pushing up on the right wing.
Yep the shot that hit the bar came from his whipped in cross they couldn’t defend

He makes too many basic errors when it comes to distribution. His passing may very well be fine for the most part but he gifts chances/goals to the opposition at an alarming rate this season. He needs to be accept being a utility/backup player for us or he needs to move to a team lower down the league so he can play CB every week.

It's not unfair. Yes Dier can pass the ball forward more adventurously than Royale no doubt. But he also gives the ball directly to the opposition way more than Royale ever does and we are talking simple passes not 30 yard long taking through balls, just simple bread and butter passes. He does it pretty much every game and it's something I've noticed never gets picked up on.

Every game I sit in my seat in the East stand and comment on Dier giving away the ball in a really dangerous position (usually with a pass made centrally that allows the opposition to have a great transition attack at us with even numbers). He has typically been lucky in that most of the opportunites have been squandered by the opposition but he is nowhere near good enough on the ball to be playing as one of 3 CBs IMO.

He makes too many basic errors when it comes to distribution. His passing may very well be fine for the most part but he gifts chances/goals to the opposition at an alarming rate this season. He needs to be accept being a utility/backup player for us or he needs to move to a team lower down the league so he can play CB every week.
He hasn't gifted goals at an alarming rate, in fact that was the first goal this season that came from a mistake by Dier.
I don't think anyone is claiming he's the best defender in the world, but he is solid and the only leader we have in the back line.
Can he be improved upon? Yes (and so could most of the team), but it's not as simple a task as throwing a name out and saying we just pay amount X and get them.

He hasn't gifted goals at an alarming rate, in fact that was the first goal this season that came from a mistake by Dier.
I don't think anyone is claiming he's the best defender in the world, but he is solid and the only leader we have in the back line.
Can he be improved upon? Yes (and so could most of the team), but it's not as simple a task as throwing a name out and saying we just pay amount X and get them.
My eyes must've deceived me for the Frankfurt goal a few weeks ago....

Frankfurt’s first goal was also the result of a sloppy pass from Dier off the top of my head. I’m sure I’m forgetting at least one other.

Back