• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

He was very good last season, starting to think it was an outlier rather than the standard. Been inconsistent at best this season. I’d keep him as a backup/utility player but we should look to replace him as a starter like yesterday.

Another error in a high profile game. Again when the pressure rises (1 goal behind).

Had done well to weed out those mistakes, but they've come back at an alarming frequency. If he can again weed them out I think he's a good, not great, centre back. Good enough for now at least. But if he can weed out those mistakes or not is a different question. Seems to lose his composure a bit in those circumstances.

Another error in a high profile game. Again when the pressure rises (1 goal behind).

Had done well to weed out those mistakes, but they've come back at an alarming frequency. If he can again weed them out I think he's a good, not great, centre back. Good enough for now at least. But if he can weed out those mistakes or not is a different question. Seems to lose his composure a bit in these situations.

Had done well to weed out those mistakes, but they've come back at an alarming frequency. If he can again weed them out I think he's a good, not great, centre back. Good enough for now at least. But if he can weed out those mistakes or not is a different question. Seems to lose his composure a bit in these situations.
I actually think he is knackered like quite a few of them
It affects your game in many ways with concentration being something that gets affected
His play second half though was great IMO

It affects your game in many ways with concentration being something that gets affected

Quite possibly. Both physical and mental fatigue can play a part. We also don't know about any smaller injuries players might be playing through that can be a factor. Just concerning to see the errors becoming this frequent. Makes things so difficult for us.

Quite possibly. Both physical and mental fatigue can play a part. We also don't know about any smaller injuries players might be playing through that can be a factor. Just concerning to see the errors becoming this frequent. Makes things so difficult for us.
We need him to become our back up for Romero
We do that by signing a player to take his role in the centre and the lose Sanchez
That would be an upgrade and give Dier enough games too

I think he’s played almost every minute this season. And given how deep we play, especially in the first half, he’s constantly under pressure.
But man, that header…

Had done well to weed out those mistakes, but they've come back at an alarming frequency. If he can again weed them out I think he's a good, not great, centre back. Good enough for now at least. But if he can weed out those mistakes or not is a different question. Seems to lose his composure a bit in those circumstances.

Feels like the mistakes have come in the last 4-6 weeks or so. Being brutally honest, last season was his first good season since about 2017. Our fans love him because he’s a trier but we need better than that in our starting lineup if we want to challenge for trophies. He’s said countless times that CB is his position. I feel like his days as an automatic starter should be coming to an end.

I think he’s played almost every minute this season. And given how deep we play, especially in the first half, he’s constantly under pressure.
But man, that header…

Would have been risky even if he hadn’t messed it up as Salah was looking to pounce and he’s no slouch in a foot race.

Back