• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

The best quality football at Spurs including Poch. I just think to myself imagine if Harry actually had a quality striker? That team had bundles of creativity. I remember we regularly no exaggeration created 15+ chances a game but our useless strikers couldn't fudging hit a barn door with a lorry. [emoji36]

If only Harry Kane was 4 years older. [emoji31]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
I guess Harry didn't have any mates giving kick backs contacts in the industry who were selling one.

Played him out wide to allow him to get used to English football in a position where there is a bit more time and space, a smart move.
Meh, he never really stayed out wide. He always tucked in. It was more that we had 3 bodies in the middle and that allowed him to acclimatise to the PL without the pressure and workload of being ina 2. I kind of don't think it was necessary t h, Modric was always a CM and always had the game poise to play there. I think it was just a bit of lazy generalisation from Harry that made him think Modric couldn't play the role.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

How is it that Brighton Hove Albion are seemingly the English club that have cornered the emerging talent coming directly from South America. Obviously there are the two midfield players but there are others signed in recent years we will probably get to know in the coming seasons. All signed for a relative pittance.

Normally these players go to Spain and Portugal and if any club in England should be ahead of the curve on this it absolutely should have been us. Enic have been here 20 years and with the way they run the club it is wholly unacceptable that it is Brighton showing this innovation and not us.

It is just really really poor and this failure has cost the club a significant amount both on and off the pitch.

If it has anything to do with Paul Barber’s ingenuity then that just makes it even worse.

How is it that Brighton Hove Albion are seemingly the English club that have cornered the emerging talent coming directly from South America. Obviously there are the two midfield players but there are others signed in recent years we will probably get to know in the coming seasons. All signed for a relative pittance.

Normally these players go to Spain and Portugal and if any club in England should be ahead of the curve on this it absolutely should have been us. Enic have been here 20 years and with the way they run the club it is wholly unacceptable that it is Brighton showing this innovation and not us.

It is just really really poor and this failure has cost the club a significant amount both on and off the pitch.

If it has anything to do with Paul Barber’s ingenuity then that just makes it even worse.

Lets have a conversation about Brighton in two years, and no, no one has found any magic

Indeed, people were saying the same about Leicester not that long ago, look where that great recruitment has put them.

Footballs always been circular, no doubt that Brighton are doing an absolutely tremendous job, 100% and I won't knock it, but people are acting like we have not had our moments that actually eclipse theirs, even currently and as you rightfully say there are plenty of our peers that have gone on to do alot worse than their peaks. I am sure someone will come in and correct me about how poor we are and the whys and what nots of that but its funny how we are only allowed to compare ourselves to peers that do well and when they do well and not when they do poorly. Such is life

Footballs always been circular, no doubt that Brighton are doing an absolutely tremendous job, 100% and I won't knock it, but people are acting like we have not had our moments that actually eclipse theirs, even currently and as you rightfully say there are plenty of our peers that have gone on to do alot worse than their peaks. I am sure someone will come in and correct me about how poor we are and the whys and what nots of that but its funny how we are only allowed to compare ourselves to peers that do well and when they do well and not when they do poorly. Such is life

I'm sure plenty were bitching a year ago that their club didn't pick up Kulu and Bentancur.

Why hasn't other clubs done it as well? They haven't cornered the market, they've done really well in their scouting but there is always an element of luck. They've got a few right, but lets see how it does over the long term when the luck evens itself out.
Even the buys that are doing well now have only done it for one season, lets see if they keep it up next year.

Why hasn't other clubs done it as well? They haven't cornered the market, they've done really well in their scouting but there is always an element of luck. They've got a few right, but lets see how it does over the long term when the luck evens itself out.
Even the buys that are doing well now have only done it for one season, lets see if they keep it up next year.

They are routinely buying from that market, emerging talent directly from South America.

We don’t do that and virtually no one here does that routinely apart from Brighton.

And that is my point, excellent innovation that has paid dividends. Enic have been here 20 years and also considering the way they run the club they should absolutely be all over innovation like this.

Its poor no matter how anyone wants to dress it up.

They are routinely buying from that market, emerging talent directly from South America.

We don’t do that and virtually no one here does that routinely apart from Brighton.

And that is my point, excellent innovation that has paid dividends. Enic have been here 20 years and also considering the way they run the club they should absolutely be all over innovation like this.

Nobody has a monopoly on a market. And could you enlighten me on all the great purchases that they have that come straight from South America?
I could be wrong but think there's only two in their first eleven.

Why not do it with Africa? Asia? Central America?

That's not to take away from Brighton's scouting, they're doing a great job.

This forum is hilarious, one minute I’m debating the enic haters and the next the enic lovers. And there is zero give from both camps!

No place for people like me who see the good and the bad :D

Everyone thinks they are the reasonable one mate.

Brighton is doing a great job for the last 18-24 months, Wolves with the Portuguese players when they got 7th twice in a row, Liverpool was the poster child when they got Allison & VVD & Jota, Leicester for their moment in the sun.

What people are pointing out is recruitment can be and should be improved (and yes, ours needs works), but the truth is, there is no magic solution, no unheard of market.

This forum is hilarious, one minute I’m debating the enic haters and the next the enic lovers. And there is zero give from both camps!

No place for people like me who see the good and the bad :D

Well that's just not an acceptable position to take. You should immediately dismiss yourself from this forum in disgrace. :)

They are doing excellently, no denying there.

I think like Brentford they have to think outside the box and it's worked for them, it's also easier with less expectation but noy taking anything away there, it's obviously a great club to go and develop as a player too as there is huge trust in what they do.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Read up on how brighton and brentfords owners made their money. If it's luck they have been very lucky for a long while now.

Read up on how brighton and brentfords owners made their money. If it's luck they have been very lucky for a long while now.

If, and that's a really big IF, those two clubs are not fighting off relegation within the next 3-5 years, we will know if it's truly luck or not.

I do find it a little amusing that people believe with clubs like Madrid, Bayern, City, etc that effectively have limitless resources, there is any merit to Brighton/Brentford/whoever has outsmarted them, found some secret sauce they haven't. It's just a good set of things put in place, with right people and a little luck in timing, over time the ratio of hit/miss will return to mean and the only way to compensate for that is having more budget so the misses don't matter.

The are a few reasons why they do it and it seems to work
Their owner is a sports gambler who uses data..obsessively. So they measure everyone they can
The prem money is greater than other leagues which means if Brighton go for a player and say… Benfica, that okayed has a decision to make
Brighton have a second club they farm players out too in Belgium
They have a philosophy which means players can adapt to the ways of playing
There are relatively simple but massively powerful things if you get them right

but they don’t always get it right.
Have you heard of Victor Gyokeres?
They sold him for 1m to Coventry
A year later he is rumoured to be going for £25M to wolves

If, and that's a really big IF, those two clubs are not fighting off relegation within the next 3-5 years, we will know if it's truly luck or not.

I do find it a little amusing that people believe with clubs like Madrid, Bayern, City, etc that effectively have limitless resources, there is any merit to Brighton/Brentford/whoever has outsmarted them, found some secret sauce they haven't. It's just a good set of things put in place, with right people and a little luck in timing, over time the ratio of hit/miss will return to mean and the only way to compensate for that is having more budget so the misses don't matter.

big clubs don’t necessarily have the smartest people
I’d argue because of their size they don’t have to be as smart
They can take it in a different way and buy in ready made players developed by others because they have more income from their historical growth

big clubs don’t necessarily have the smartest people
I’d argue because of their size they don’t have to be as smart
They can take it in a different way and buy in ready made players developed by others because they have more income from their historical growth

while there is a margin of error big clubs can afford, we can see (Chelsea this season) what happens if they really aren't smart.

I'm just tired of the same Brighton story every two years, Leicester, Liverpool, Wolves, somehow everyone can only figure it out for 2-3 years? and somehow everyone forgets the previous "smart club" that we should all copy? maybe no one ever actually figures it out? it's the nature of putting things in place and sometimes with a good run of decisions plus luck it works out for a little while.

while there is a margin of error big clubs can afford, we can see (Chelsea this season) what happens if they really aren't smart.

I'm just tired of the same Brighton story every two years, Leicester, Liverpool, Wolves, somehow everyone can only figure it out for 2-3 years? and somehow everyone forgets the previous "smart club" that we should all copy? maybe no one ever actually figures it out? it's the nature of putting things in place and sometimes with a good run of decisions plus luck it works out for a little while.
Big clubs aren’t big because they are a smart now
Hell most aren’t the best
They are just richer because of historical aspects
And that allows them flexibility to do things and make mistakes
We’re gonna write off most of the Tanguy money to let him go. We will still buy other players
That kinda fee to a normal club would break them for a long long time (it’s hurt us badly)
So a normal club has to be smarter just to relevant and compete

Back