• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

You are still using an argument for what might have happened (to suit your agenda), not facts. Go and have a read of the first few pages of Ndombele to see an example of Levy splashing the cash, and what people thought would happen.
Edit, and @Grays_1890 says it wasn't down to penny pinching anyway. But if you want to base your outlook on twitter and click bait journalism, you go for it.

And this is sometimes the problem with debating stuff these days. The other person doesn’t like your argument so tries to demean it by saying stuff like this just because it doesn’t suit their world view.

I’m basing my view, not on click bait journalism but on quotes directly attributed to the player and his manager at the time. So not an unsubstantiated piece some journo has written for clicks. They are quotes directly attributed to two of the people closest to what happened.

You’re trying to dismiss that claiming your source is more credible. And that source is a poster on this site who heard another version of the story from a guy who is very close to Villa.

And this is sometimes the problem with debating stuff these days. The other person doesn’t like your argument so tries to demean it by saying stuff like this just because it doesn’t suit their world view.

I’m basing my view, not on click bait journalism but on quotes directly attributed to the player and his manager at the time. So not an unsubstantiated piece some journo has written for clicks. They are quotes directly attributed to two of the people closest to what happened.

You’re trying to dismiss that claiming your source is more credible. And that source is a poster on this site who heard another version of the story from a guy who is very close to Villa.
And for the record on my part, I just shared what I was told, not here to sling mud at others or convince otherwise. Take as told or however people want, up to them.

Respect alike and all that jazz

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Did I miss the quotes from the player
I’d be keen to read them

Let's be fair to Webb here - he was very balanced and did not come across as someone with an axe to grind. He was lead on to Levy by Jordan - he didn't go there himself.

The argument against Levy is that he hasn't spent enough money to achieve success and he has gotten too involved in transfers. What Webb has confirmed, and others have hinted strongly at it, is that Levy has been more involved in transfers than most chairmen and there are players we haven't signed because of him. So what Webb has to say adds weight to the anti-Levy argument and it's head in the sand stuff to deny it. Jordan, a perennial Levy supporter, was surprised himself by what Webb had to say because it undermined some of his defence of Levy.

The argument for Levy is that he is fiscally very responsible and a very clever businessman who has kept our club on a slow but upward trajectory over the last 20 years.

Both of those arguments can be true.

All the money the club makes is spent on the club. He hasn't got a massive personal fortune outside the club. So what money should he have spent?

Ah here. He's a pretty dodgy character but his team was brilliant to watch and was more than just Bale. If I'm not wrong, Bale didn't even feature much in the first 50% of the season we got CL. And Harry never relied on him as much as his successor.
Imagine being so poor at managing a football club that you don't pick Bale.

Amazing how much ‘luck’ good managers get.
Yea I wasn’t really being critical of Harry there, I liked him as our manager. Was just saying that the actual luck part was the Hudd and Modric partnership being available to him all season, but it was only used out of necessity after the FA cup semi final and injury to Palcious. It turned out it worked really well so finished the season with it and continued with it the next.

Imagine being so poor at managing a football club that you don't pick Bale.

Haha coz he was tearing up trees at the time. He had potential but was a bit weak and soft by all accounts. He’d done little under Jol and Ramos both of whom had their achievements at Spurs and elsewhere.

Imagine being such a good manager that you took a lad who hadn’t been on the winning team in 20 odd games and turned him into a world class, five time European Cup winner.

Harry must be a genius.

Haha coz he was tearing up trees at the time. He had potential but was a bit weak and soft by all accounts. He’d done little under Jol and Ramos both of whom had their achievements at Spurs and elsewhere.

Imagine being such a good manager that you took a lad who hadn’t been on the winning team in 20 odd games and turned him into a world class, five time European Cup winner.

Harry must be a genius.
Bale was always going to be one of the best, he stood out in a very good SCBC academy.

Right place, right time.

Got more PL teams relegated than any Spurs manager I can think of.
Top 4 finishes in 2 out of 3 of his full seasons is better than any Spurs manager other than Pochettino….. and that was after taking over a club in a lower position than anyone has had to since him. He did a fantastic job at Spurs.

Back