• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Right you are. Second place was Remy, third Benteke, fourth RvP and fifth Suarez. I assume that they are **** too.

I've made my views on him clear before, the discussion was about offsides. As Scara said, it's different being offside because you're too busy walking back from an offside position or don't look across the line rather than mistiming a run.

I've made my views on him clear before, the discussion was about offsides. As Scara said, it's different being offside because you're too busy walking back from an offside position or don't look across the line rather than mistiming a run.

I would imagine that his stats for those sorts of things are similar to the other CFs mentioned. As far as I can see it is just another stick to beat him with because the 'lazy' stick is looking a bit ropey.

Look I would love to have a better CF than Adebayor at Spurs right now, the problem is that we don't have one at the moment.

Re: Nacer Chadli

Why is it clear?.... Well it's clear to me because just about every time we get the ball and break Adebayor peels out wide left or right, typically Ericksen and Lamela converge in the centre to get on the ball and try to get beyond the opposition's midfield and Chadli looks to get in to a goalscoring position in the space vacated by one of the centre halves who has gone out to track Adebayor.

As of yet I haven't seen Pochettino screaming at Adebayor to tell him to stop doing this and he starts every game for Pochettino even though he is constantly doing this - perhaps I am putting 2 and 2 together to make 5, but from where I am coming it just seems most likely that our centre forward is carrying out our manager's gamelplan - hence keeping his place in the team?

You see it differently - which is fair enough, but I ask you in that case why is Pochettino not giving the player a rocket and dropping him to the bench?

Seems like the Ade justification society has reached its pinnacle at this point, let me get this strait

- Poch's plan is to have our ONLY striker on the pitch play not be in a goal scoring position, under the hope that that will drag the defenders out, to allow our midfielders (specifically one who scored what, 2 goals last season?) to be a goal threat .. wtf .. really?

How about

- Ade goes ****ing walkabout, or is just too ****ing lazy to make the right run when our midfield breaks, and we have 3 midfielders in Eriksen/Lamela/Chadli who actually offer a goal threat and will get to edge/into box and they are covering up the cracks of a misfiring striker.

Re why Poch plays him? no ****ing idea, maybe he doesn't like the alternatives, either way I cannot see how giving Kane or Soldado 7-10 games is going to be in any way worse than what we have seen so far from Ade this season.

Which season would you say he performed better 2012-13 or 2013-14?

I would imagine that his stats for those sorts of things are similar to the other CFs mentioned. As far as I can see it is just another stick to beat him with because the 'lazy' stick is looking a bit ropey.

Look I would love to have a better CF than Adebayor at Spurs right now, the problem is that we don't have one at the moment.

We've got at least two. I don't watch the kids so I can't tell you if there's any more but on current form there probably is.

Thanks Steff. I always try and look at the big picture, and that picture is results. Other than the WBA game I think we have done pretty well so far.
Ade seems a very divisive figure and although he wouldn't be my first choice I also think he gets a lot of unfair stick.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Seems like the Ade justification society has reached its pinnacle at this point, let me get this strait

- Poch's plan is to have our ONLY striker on the pitch play not be in a goal scoring position, under the hope that that will drag the defenders out, to allow our midfielders (specifically one who scored what, 2 goals last season?) to be a goal threat .. wtf .. really?

How about

- Ade goes ****ing walkabout, or is just too ****ing lazy to make the right run when our midfield breaks, and we have 3 midfielders in Eriksen/Lamela/Chadli who actually offer a goal threat and will get to edge/into box and they are covering up the cracks of a misfiring striker.

Re why Poch plays him? no ****ing idea, maybe he doesn't like the alternatives, either way I cannot see how giving Kane or Soldado 7-10 games is going to be in any way worse than what we have seen so far from Ade this season.

You need to take a chill pill. Adebayor offers far more than Soldado and at the moment more than Kane (who is growing in stature). You can say otherwise however many times you want, it won't make it true!

Ade's ability to deal with a variety of service into him, control it and bring others into play coupled with pace and strength the other two don't have is why he's in the team.

When Ade isn't scoring he still offers a lot. The other two not so much, particularly in Soldado's case.

How about

And there's another example of the 'lazy' quote.

I would imagine the reason you give is the exact reason Pochettino plays Adebayor.... because the other two options are completely unsuited to playing the role that he wants his CF to play.

You need to take a chill pill. Adebayor offers far more than Soldado and at the moment more than Kane (who is growing in stature). You can say otherwise however many times you want, it won't make it true!

Ade's ability to deal with a variety of service into him, control it and bring others into play coupled with pace and strength the other two don't have is why he's in the team.

When Ade isn't scoring he still offers a lot. The other two not so much, particularly in Soldado's case.

Soldado hasn't even started a league game, his only starts have been with Paulinho, Townsend and Lennon supporting him.

What exactly is he offering at the moment?

If not Soldado, then Kane should be given a run of games.

Soldado hasn't even started a league game, his only starts have been with Paulinho, Townsend and Lennon supporting him.

What exactly is he offering at the moment?

If not Soldado, then Kane should be given a run of games.

From what I saw of Soldado last season he doesn't run the channels at all, but instead stays very central and relies on chances being created for him, especially from wide areas. If we wanted Soldado in the team then I think we have brought in the wrong manager.... In fact bringing Harry back could've been the best option here.

Kane I like as a player, but I think he is a number 10 type who will perhaps end up playing as the central player in the attacking midfield 3.

Last edited:

Jurgen, although I would prefer Soldado up front we should remember that it's early days and everyone us still getting grips with pochs system. Do we really want to muck about with winning ways? Confidence is fragile at these early stages, chopping and changing the team or units within those teams could be counter productive. Our next game is a game where we may not create a lot of chances it may only be worse if we change the point of attack.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back