• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

yep....now he's getting critiqued on his celebrations (or lack of it).
That wasn't a critque smartarse, if I said 'the way he carried out his salute celebration was not good enough' then that would be a critque.
It annoys me that he doesn't seem arsed when my team and the team that he plays for scores.
Thanks for your feedback though no matter how inaccurate you were.

That wasn't a critque smartarse, if I said 'the way he carried out his salute celebration was not good enough' then that would be a critque.
It annoys me that he doesn't seem arsed when my team and the team that he plays for scores.
Thanks for your feedback though no matter how inaccurate you were.

Saying you're annoyed that "he doesn't seem arsed when my team and the team that he plays scores" isn't a critique to you? ok.

Oh well you have just done it again, look it up broaden your mind. Or just don't bother commenting just to try and start a row.

oh no...i see where this is going to go.

I ain't criticising anyone. I'm observing.
It could be argued that as Ade made a telling contribution to the goal ericksen should have ran to Ade, that happens a lot when there is a team goal.
I've made my opinion on Ade clear, I don't think he is as good as his fans think he is, but I'm sure he ain't as bad as his detractors think he is.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

It could be argued that as Ade made a telling contribution to the goal ericksen should have ran to Ade, that happens a lot when there is a team goal.
I've made my opinion on Ade clear, I don't think he is as good as his fans think he is, but I'm sure he ain't as bad as his detractors think he is.

It's fine to continuously bump this thread to have a go at his football ability (if you're not a fan) or something he might have done that is wrong but when it gets to the point that people start going on about fake WWE beefs with teammates and how he doesn't celebrate enough then it becomes petty and tedious.

It's fine to continuously bump this thread to have a go at his football ability (if you're not a fan) or something he might have done that is wrong but when it gets to the point that people start going on about fake WWE beefs with teammates and how he doesn't celebrate enough then it becomes petty and tedious.

I don't see how I can be bumping a post that has several posts I the last couple of hours.

Also will say it again and for the last time I am not criticising Ade.

I don't see how I can be bumping a post that has several posts I the last couple of hours.

Also will say it again and for the last time I am not criticising Ade.

I'm talking generally and i'm not accusing you.

edit: sorry yes i am accusing you. Just saw you was the first one to bring up the Ade and Eriksen thing.

One other thing I wonder about, is there a problem between Ade and ericksen? They don't seem to be gelling this season but also after goal there I didn't notice Ade in the celebrations. I think ericksen would an outspoken little guy. Has there been words?

Well just in case I get dragged into it I ain't saying it's Ades fault. It takes two to tango and ericksen strikes me as someone who could be a spiky little fella.
They are supposed to be adults so if there is a problem sort it out for the betterment of the team.
Only something I have noticed, might be something in it, might not.

Ade obviously doesnt know who this Ericksen chap is.

Look Eriksen made the goal himself. Why would he run to Adebayor?
And Mason was the one who passed him the ball yet Eriksen ran towards the corner!!!! Has he got a feud with Mason too?

Last season he were vulnerable after we scored. Players not yet ready for kickoff etc.
I'd rather if Ade ran back and got himself set for the kick off than running from the left hand side of the pitch to the right hand corner to celebrate.

This whole thing is ridiculous. I've never liked Adebayor as a signing for us. I never thought he'd be able to do a consistent job. But this hatred of him from people who were delighted when he signed and not feel let down is going too far. Its not his fault you all had stupidly high expectations of a players who has never delivered consistently. Jumping on every little thing he does or doesn't do is pretty transparent.

Because that's the way I spelt it the first time this stupid phone keeps "correcting" it.

I'm talking generally and i'm not accusing you.

edit: sorry yes i am accusing you. Just saw you was the first one to bring up the Ade and Eriksen thing.

I'm not trying to criticise, obviously not getting my point across.
I don't criticise generally speaking. I highlighted some of what I perceived to be his faults earlier because someone asked for it to done. I was trying to emphasise their point. Normally wouldn't have answered that other wise.
No player is perfect and you have to take the rough with the smooth.
I only raised the Ade eriksen thing as a possible reason for the dip in form for both of them. Our two best outfield players from last year. A clash of personalities, it happens all the time. Doesn't have to anyone's fault.

I'm a positive, get behind the team, get behind the players kind of guy whoever they are. I might not always agree with the team selection but it's the club you support not the individual and as long as they have that Jersey on they will have my support whoever they are. Barracking players never did anyone any good.

Ade

Why is it clear?.... Well it's clear to me because just about every time we get the ball and break Adebayor peels out wide left or right, typically Ericksen and Lamela converge in the centre to get on the ball and try to get beyond the opposition's midfield and Chadli looks to get in to a goalscoring position in the space vacated by one of the centre halves who has gone out to track Adebayor.

As of yet I haven't seen Pochettino screaming at Adebayor to tell him to stop doing this and he starts every game for Pochettino even though he is constantly doing this - perhaps I am putting 2 and 2 together to make 5, but from where I am coming it just seems most likely that our centre forward is carrying out our manager's gamelplan - hence keeping his place in the team?

You see it differently - which is fair enough, but I ask you in that case why is Pochettino not giving the player a rocket and dropping him to the bench?

It just sounds very far fetched to me that not one but TWO Spurs manager would instruct Adebayor to vacate the centre and not attack the penalty area as our only striker.

I can't possibly see it's Poch's gameplan to have our only striker having scored 1 goal in 7 games.

I love it how certain players of a side (any side for that matter not just Spurs) being in the side continually means the manager and player must be getting it all right, regardless of said player's form. We've all wondered how players can get picked by x manager

He has started every league game and was recently made vice captain. So yes, he has and is very much a part of the game plans. You may not like or rate him or his performance(s), but that's something different.

Yep, you (and I for that matter) don't see what Poch does.

By that logic, the manager is getting everything right, regardless of results or players overall performance. If he's picked, then Poch is getting it right.

For Spurs or in the entire PL? I would expect him to be offside more than any player at Spurs because he is typically the player who plays the furthest forward for us. As I said before - on Sunday he and Chadli were offside 3 times each, yet I do not see anybody calling Chadli lazy or suggesting that he doesn't understand the offside rule.

In the PL. He was the most offside player in 2012/13 if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Re: Nacer Chadli

Why is it clear?.... Well it's clear to me because just about every time we get the ball and break Adebayor peels out wide left or right, typically Ericksen and Lamela converge in the centre to get on the ball and try to get beyond the opposition's midfield and Chadli looks to get in to a goalscoring position in the space vacated by one of the centre halves who has gone out to track Adebayor.

As of yet I haven't seen Pochettino screaming at Adebayor to tell him to stop doing this and he starts every game for Pochettino even though he is constantly doing this - perhaps I am putting 2 and 2 together to make 5, but from where I am coming it just seems most likely that our centre forward is carrying out our manager's gamelplan - hence keeping his place in the team?

You see it differently - which is fair enough, but I ask you in that case why is Pochettino not giving the player a rocket and dropping him to the bench?

AVB was told to play him and look what happened him

I'm not trying to criticise, obviously not getting my point across.
I don't criticise generally speaking. I highlighted some of what I perceived to be his faults earlier because someone asked for it to done. I was trying to emphasise their point. Normally wouldn't have answered that other wise.
No player is perfect and you have to take the rough with the smooth.
I only raised the Ade eriksen thing as a possible reason for the dip in form for both of them. Our two best outfield players from last year. A clash of personalities, it happens all the time. Doesn't have to anyone's fault.

I'm a positive, get behind the team, get behind the players kind of guy whoever they are. I might not always agree with the team selection but it's the club you support not the individual and as long as they have that Jersey on they will have my support whoever they are. Barracking players never did anyone any good.

Mate,

You're golden. Your posts are always written with balance in my book. I think it's a legitimate question, and that's how I saw it, as a question. Personally I don't think there's anything there, but again, the question was worth raising.

WIth regards to Ade and performance, what a lot of people are missing in my opinion is how he and the other three behind him are being used. And the truth is, for whatever reason, right now Ade is being used more like we'd expect Chadli and Chadli is taking up the more central position of a striker.
Had Chadli enjoyed a bit more luck with that finish off the post, you'd be looking at a match where (once again) Chadli had scored and where Ade had an assist/very important role in the other goal from the left-side.
The way I'm seeing it right now is that Ade has the license to drop off left/right/wide and Nacer the license to shift to more central positions.

BTW I would love to see Lamela shoot more often rather than take the extra touch, ditto Ericksen, and it feels to me like there is a lot more room in those areas just outside the box thanks to this system. The argument could be that if we are to play a striker in the way we deploy Ade, then Kane would surely be just as good a bet as he can also larrup the ball from range, but this is where Poch must know/see/deal with some things we don't have a clue about...

Back